Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgy Bees
Sep 9, 2013

Jables88 posted:

To be honest the major issue is that I don't have ready access to a large enough USB to create the media to then boot off of.

If you've got any old HDD's or SATA SSD's laying around you can use Rufus to put the windows install media into and boot from that as your install media. https://rufus.ie/en/
All you have to do is toggle the option to list USB hard drives and it will then show whatever you have plugged into your cradle etc. Just be careful as to not select something important and overwrite that instead. You have been warned.

I've done this several times in a pinch where I've got the flash drive full of whatever else and don't want to take the time to move things around. Flash drives are obviously easier, but hey, if this helps and you have the spare parts laying around.. go for it!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU