Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Hello. this summer I ordered what I think might be the last new set of OEM panniers for my VFR from japan.

I am wondering if anyone has experience with the Honda 1 key system and how to put that together? It didn't come with instructions and there are a zillion pieces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

thanks, it looks exactly the sameas mine so gonna give it a shot!

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

should I get a aerostitch one piece riding suit

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I moved from LA to coastal norcal this summer and now its too cold and wet to ride in my stupid air flow textile pants. I've wanted a 1 piece suit for a long time as a commuter.

The little heated handgrips on the VFR are also kinda useless up here

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 11, 2022

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

My wife will find it sexy that I’m more protected

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

My vfr has heated grips, luggage, and self canceling turn signals

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

should I get a hi vis aerostitch

hard to tell what color I would like with one of these. I usually default to black

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Have to travel a bit to vegas and then LA the week after that. Wondering if I should just take the interceptor as airfare is $$$ right now. 1700ish mile round trip

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Yea I’d be heading east from humboldt on the 36, then probably over the sierras into Reno area, then south thru Nevada desert to vegas. Come back north on the 101

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I lived and commuted on a moto in LA for about 7 years, recently relocating up here to the redwood coast. Longest haul was actually my move up here, about 700 miles. So this would be my longest trip on the bike by far. Trip is late april

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

might be more interesting to take the 395 south from reno area, have no experience riding on that side of the mountains

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

FBS posted:

My next dilemma is how long should I wait before dropping $900 on the OEM color-matched 50L top case

that one looks pretty nice. I'm trying to source the oem 45L top case for my interceptor right now. I think i've found a couple places that might have it but its hard to work out all the parts I need to order.

I was successful at getting my oem side cases last year (literally last set in stock in race red) from japan so I'm optimistic

so I guess my advice is dont wait until its discontinued :D

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 3, 2023

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

wrong thread

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 3, 2023

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/08L74-MJM-D10

looking at pictures of this discontinued honda OEM luggage bracket and then to the price and then back to the picture and then back to the price

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

have been unable to source one. strapped down duffel bag it is then lol

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I dropped my bike off for a service at an indie shop, asked them to install the keyed pannier locks and they charged me 150 / lock :|

shoulda just followed the youtube instructions

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

bizwank posted:

Did they provide a written estimate before they started work? That's required in CA for auto repair, which includes motorcycles. If you're not in CA check the laws in your state; I know WA is the same though.

No. I feel so dumb the dealer back in Glendale was willing to do it pro bono but I had to move up here on super short notice

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Noice. I’m kinda looking for a cb1100 (hard to find) or maybe the z900rs

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Gonna try to hunt down a late model cb1100

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

FBS posted:

This motorcycle is very good.

Beautiful

I posted a couple weeks back about an upcoming sport touring road trip and it looks like it’s still on. Going to try to cross the Sierras here in a couple weeks and praying for 45+ weather

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Nice. I just finished my first leg of the bike tour. Zipper failed on my dainese jacket while I was gearing up so that was fun. Bought a “first” brand leather jacket at the Harley store on my way out. It seems pretty solid but no armor.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I have a key ring through my brand new gore Tex dainese pants lower zip because they caught the fabric and the metal pull snapped off

My jacket that failed today was also a dainese albeit one that has seen about 8 summers of commutes through LA

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I met a lady at the bar here who used to have a Japanese leathers import business but I can’t remember the brand she imported. She said it was fancy race suits

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Made it over the sierras into Nevada. I stopped briefly in Tahoe but it was way too zany and crowded so I left immediately. The mountains are distractingly beautiful here wow. Also the snow is still piled 10 ft high along the roads. Fortunately the roads themselves were clear and dry. Although bumpy as poo poo once your in Tahoe proper

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

20. Lots of fast sweepers. Really nice road. The snowpack towers like 15 ft above you as you ride up but the roads were dry and warm.

There’s a point where you crest the elevation and the lake is just there below you and it’s really pretty. But then when you actually get to Tahoe it’s basically pigeon forge but expensive and hostile. I couldn’t get off the mountain fast enough

Tomorrow I’m eating a continental breakfast and riding the 395 until I hit lone pine and I’m hanging a left and riding past rainbow canyon then crashing at a boutique desert hotel. Gonna be cold af tomorrow morning and hope my battery is still good, the display blinked when I started up this morning and it has me concerned

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 16, 2023

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I’m in Death Valley. Had a nice snow to sun ride south today from Tahoe area. Death Valley itself has some nice technical roads but I was really tired by the time I rolled in and didn’t push it. Super pretty here

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

made it to vegas. wow I really hate vegas. I get three days of rest at least. then heading to LA. I wanted to stay at Roy's motel on the way there but it doesn't look like they're doing the motel part of it anymore. Also looked at my favorite hotel in palm springs but they're booked up because of some festival nonsense in the area. Might go in through antelope valley and come over the 2.

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 18, 2023

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Photo uploads on this app don’t really work for me any more but I’ll try to post more pix

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 18, 2023

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 18, 2023

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Nice looks like you got the deluxe model too, has all the bells and whistles

Slabbed it from vegas to downtown LA. There was a horrible cross wind the whole way and the grooved pavement made it sketch. Had to go slowish cause I was getting blown around so much. But I arrived safely at least. Bike needs a bath

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Yea, the previous gen had a sweet dual under tail. The moved to this style to lower the center of gravity, I think

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

There’s an 05 goldwing that went for sale on humboldt Craigslist but they want 15k for it :-|. Low miles but still

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Over halfway I think

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I imported mine from webike, they might have been the very last pair in red

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Heading back north out of la today. Made it to wine country. Had a yikes moment on the 101 thru Ventura, hit an oil patch leaned over at speed and briefly lost the front. Fortunately it tracked without too much drama and I was fine. but still scary

Remy Marathe posted:

Yo I just want to apologize on behalf of the central coast for the poo poo weather this week, I just spent a couple hours on the 101 today and it took three layers of wool to not freeze my balls off.

It’s chilly but I’ve been hot sunburned and dehydrated basically since Death Valley so it feels nice

Rode the 154 past cachuma which was really fun, I’ve done it in a Miata and an 86 but never on a bike. Tho I had to pee the whole way, which is kinda the worst cause every little bump reminds you that the nearest chevron is still 45 mins away. Also some dude in a civic thought it would be cool to ride my rear end most of the way, just go around dude I’m already doing 80 in a 55

Oh yeah and the Willie Nelson festival was cool. My wife was like wow there’s sooooo many white people, which, she was right. Too many lol. Willie still got it tho

https://youtu.be/aFkcAH-m9W0

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 2, 2023

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

No pictures today but I made it up north past the Bay Area. Last night on the road!

Slabbed it 330 miles up the 101 today. Saw maybe three other riders total

Was caught in a rainstorm right after pismo which was really not fun. no visibility and no where to pull over. I was grateful when I hit some traffic because slowly lanesplitting was vastly preferable at that point.

Lots of water intrusion in my gear, the drystar gloves were not really dry. Rain petting my neck area. Also took a random bee to the throat. Cold as hell and wet but the sun came out briefly and I air dried pretty fast.

The heated handgrips that came with the vfr saved me today, I would have had to stop way sooner without them

Had a few aggressive bro trucks trying to show off how fast they were? Or something. I was just filtering normally thru freeway traffic. One of them decided to buzz me by passing me on the shoulder at 100mph. So cool dude wow

Also some wet paper flier in the wind wrapped itself around my helmet visor, completely blocking my vision. it was like something from a cartoon. I gently nudged it and it flew away before I crashed in traffic lol

Not much to report other than I was cold and wet and now I’m warm and dry and drinking beer now

Got my boots and gloves over the radiator in the room

Edit I take it back my bones are cold lol

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 3, 2023

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Torn between a new Miata or a new gold wing, they are basically the same price

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I railed it up the 101 this week drat. I can tell when I’m getting stiff because the bike gets harder to turn. Then you hit the ocean and the headwind gets insane but you’re so ready to be home you stay up at 80mph and power thru instead of chilling out at 65. At least my back is strong now.

Going to continue north and do like grants pass. There was a hot air balloon fest there I had always planned on but it’s been cancelled since covid. But might be something cool up there Maybe come back on the 36. I want to see more sacred land and get a picture in front of the Weed, CA sign

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 6, 2023

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

what would you choose between a ST1300 or FJR? FJR is better right?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcd/d/sacramento-2012-honda-st1300ac-abs/7620614696.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Sooooo jealous. My barber said his buddy would sell me a goldwing so we’ll see lol