Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

cursedshitbox posted:

a 20 year old goldwing sitting for 20 years will start with a fresh battery and maybe some fresh gas.

Bets are off for a 40 year old wing sitting for 20. The worst is probably the 4 rube goldberg carbs strewn about the apartment. There's an undercurrent of perverts that retrofit aircooled vw carbs.

That said, I'd take a free wing.

I got my '76 goldwing with a box of carbs. Old Wings Best Wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

On my '76, it required a trip to the State Police to do a "Vehicle Number Identification" because the VIN is not in standard format.

They verified that the number stamped on the the thing was what I'd written on the paperwork and that the assemblage of metal parts was motorcycle-shaped.

Fill out everything to the best of your ability then jump through their hoops. It'll be worth it if you can ever get the carbs working.