Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I vastly prefer printed OEM service manuals. Last time I bought one it was over $50 but well worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Not necessarily in a Goldwing frame, but I'm surprised we haven't seen a German equivalent of Boss Hoss, with different Porsche engines.

Fake edit: my spelling correction wants to change Hoss to Hog. That is all.

There's at least one German builder that's collaborated with comic artist and bike enthusiast Rötger Feldman/Brösel, though I guess all of that falls in extremely custom territory.
Usually it's been stupid poo poo like four Vtwins lined up or a big rotary.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
lmao wat

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
The important thing is that the boomers are out and having fun

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I steal a new set from work every other day

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
2 hours counts as thoughtful deliberation for a smart decision

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Can you order it through Webike? They have a lot of stuff in stock and ship to the US in under a week.
It's been my go to supplier for OEM Monkey parts and stuff like windshields, cases, handlebars, etc

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Keep riding and updating, goon. I'm reading/following along

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I've got a KLX300R with about 80 hours on it now. That's the non-street legal off-road version. Very fun bike though I really only ride it in dunes or forest trails. It hits about 60 but I'm sure the street legal 300 has different ratios.
Does yours have 21/18 wheels?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
You can't do that on a dad bike

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Side cases only are for sure the more aesthetically pleasing choice, but being able to just plop a helmet in a locking top box is :kiss:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I only take the top box because the side cases don't fit my helmet and their latching mechanism is sus.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
No. Please.

Don't

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Your finances will never recover from that free 'wing

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
"20 years old" - that's post 2000. I would get it

The only cheap GWings I see around here are from the early 80's and they look accordingly

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

A MIRACLE posted:

Interestingly I can do longer stretches on a bicycle than I can a motorcycle. Did my first century last year and I was slow af but I finished it. Meanwhile 6 hours on the vfr has me desperate for a shower and a beer

Think I might ride down to LA here in a couple weeks

Sup century buddy?
I've done a few. Longest was 140ish miles. Brooks B17 kept it... not comfy, but planted?
Not sure how to put it.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Had a triple in my 94 Geo Metro. Was not impressed

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Just tried out a Vstrom 650 with top and side hard cases, heated grips, and a giant adjustable windscreen. The luggage fit my backpack, change of clothes, lunch, and a large coffee from a stop before the office with room to spare, and absolutely soaked up an hour long commute each way then a polite jaunt into some twisties and back to cap off the day. Felt like I could keep going for hours still.

Is this how I get dadicalized?

Hey did you take my bike while I wasn't looking?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

A MIRACLE posted:

there are some air cooled bikes I would love to tour on. #1 is the cb-1100 but honda only sold like 5 of them in america

There are at least a couple of them for sale local to me. And it's a very good looking bike.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Cruising FB marketplace, came across this 'wing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Hiding for God