Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

only "good" photo I've taken of my bike with the breadboxes on it (mostly run mosko's R40 now unless I'm doing weeklong+ trips):

they will carry over 36 cold snacks or 3 large pizzas in them though :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

builds character posted:

Do you have to put the pizzas vertical or fold them like a calzone? :colbert:

Lol diagonal in the top box since it’s wider than it is tall

kept them warmish too, it was a lovely time at the beach

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I think the tankbag contents determine the dadliness as Gorson says. In my permanent tankbag, I have extra earplugs, a small roll of toilet paper, and one of those single use thermacare heat therapy wrap things. Also my first aid kit tends to follow me wherever but always ends up in there.

earplugs, weed, cigs, garage door opener. dad-adjacent right here

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

bizwank posted:

Also which tank bag is that and how do you like it? I'm struggling to find one for my MT-03 that doesn't look like it will stick up awkwardly. I went with this on the back for camping so I wouldn't have to install extra hardware: https://sw-motech.us/bike/YAMAHA/MT03ABS/2021/RH12/products/luggage/tail+bags/PRO+tail+bags/4052572198193.htm, but I do like the look of your cases.

somewhat related but mosko makes about the smallest WP tank bag I know of called the pico

you can attach a phone to it with the MOLLE loops too which is nice if you use your phone for maps. they'll also pay for part of it if you gently caress it up in a crash. it's very small, doesn't tag me in the balls when I'm riding offroad and have my crotch over the tank for hillclimbs

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

they’re like if honda made a V4

e: real answer: they’re mellow. I rode my mom’s magna on occasion and mellow is how I’d choose to describe it. not boring, just mellow

right arm fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 6, 2022

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

gileadexile posted:

Just wondering, which motor did it have? I admittedly don't have long experience with road bikes, but it can be pretty unmellow feeling past 5000 rpms.

1100. and I just mean mellow in comparison to modern V4s (ducati) and vtwins (LC8, RC51) that I’ve also ridden. it’s a great bike

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

KTM's nice and gives you the PDF with searchable pages and working links when you buy the book (cause they know you'll need it :D)

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I’m not even sort of ashamed to admit that I have a cupholder coming from Amazon this weekend.

Today I had the good idea to grab lunch and eat by a river, which is conveniently a relaxing 20 minute goldwing ride away.

I got my food, which went in the top box and my drink, which I wound up having to stash in the fuel filler door. It worked pretty well actually, but wasn’t convenient, and it spent a solid 5 minutes being blasted by hot engine air.

Cupholder it is, then

A pic from said lunch

Lol I bought some weirdo gimballed one for my dad’s GSA. it’s great. got him a sippy cup can topper for red bulls too lol

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

What's the verdict on the faux-airhawk? I have one of these 3d mesh seat covers for the GS that actually makes a huge difference when it's hot/humid, wouldn't mind having something similar for the other dad bike

I occasionally use one. stapled it to my pan over my seat cover and it helped during my commute here in the south. beats spending the $70 or whatever for the bike specific ones made by the same people in china lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

engaged the dadbike boxes for a three night camping trip (legal for the first time in ages lol):

KTM’s OEM boxes rule though. all QD using the seat key and no racks so I just take them off and pitch them in the tent for (illegal) trail riding :D