Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Hell yeah, I often grab drinks when I'm out and about and if I get something small enough I can stash it in my tank bag and wedge it in place with the other stuff in there.

Bit surprised the wing doesn't come with a built in cupholder though :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Dads can have a little rev bombing once in a while, as a treat.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Sylvain seems like such a great guy :3: I've been catching his videos for a while now.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Not anymore they're not

:dadjoke:

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

That's the same bike that did the 1000 mile back road video someone posted in Cycle pics lol. the trip video is newer so I think that happened after it flipped down the hill a bunch of times?

Also one of his videos is him taking it to the sand dunes with a custom paddle tire. Reading comments on a video is usually a horrible idea but in this case it paid off, this wing has lived quite a life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j702iGiKEwU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Beve Stuscemi posted:

I once did about 14 hours on a GSXR-600, like 6am to 8pm, god only knows how many miles, and it was pure torture.
:stare: drat as someone who just did a ~2 hour ride recently on the CBR600RR my aging body can't even contemplate that.

I'm eying something like a smaller sport tourer for my next bike. The Triumph Tiger 660 checks a lot of boxes (on paper at least). Maybe not dadbike thread material but dad-adjacent, for the dad with sportier pretenses. Can also be fully dadified with luggage and huge windscreens

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

I love the idea of a triple, that said never having ridden one before, so that's a big part of it for me. There is one for rent in my area so I think I'll schedule a day or two and see how it works for me.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Just tried out a Vstrom 650 with top and side hard cases, heated grips, and a giant adjustable windscreen. The luggage fit my backpack, change of clothes, lunch, and a large coffee from a stop before the office with room to spare, and absolutely soaked up an hour long commute each way then a polite jaunt into some twisties and back to cap off the day. Felt like I could keep going for hours still.

Is this how I get dadicalized?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

TotalLossBrain posted:

Hey did you take my bike while I wasn't looking?
Thanks for putting the side cases on, those came in handy :v:

I don't know if this is a standard adv thing but the biggest issue I had was the seat was much wider than I'm used to. Does feel really top heavy when not moving too, but I'm sure that's partly one of the tradeoffs of hard luggage