Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
I'm a little in doubt on where to draw the line between touring and dad bikes? is there even a line? I mean I add heated grips, barkbusters/wind deflectors for the hands and at least something to have good soft luggage mounting points on any bike I own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

There are a recurring theme in my "about to go on a trip" pictures.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

Won't that thermos cup rim be covered in road dust and insect guts?

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

the cardboard box was just half an inch to big in any direction to sit in top box with the top open.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

I did a thing.

2016 Honda vfr 800. only done 42500km/26k miles. sold cheap because of some dings here and there + mended tank that got over pressured in the sun due to a clogged pressure release valve by when owned by PPO.

It has been serviced, on semi fresh michelin road 6 tires. Only thing I need to deal with is some kinda soft sidebag stand off + gps/mobile phone mount.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

Yeah. not sure if that stays. a bit too "heli platform on an oil rig" look

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

I've never really read on more touring oriented forums for like goldvings, and vfrs. What strikes me is the aftermarket size for a newish touring bike at least for models that gets sold in the US. Billet made lowered foot pegs galore, color correct bar risers, wind screens that block the world.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

First trip of the year.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

Yup, I want the oem hard side bags. Now the issue is actually finding them. If anyone have a lead on side panniers preferably in red for a 2016 vfr800f I’d really appreciate it. Afaik it’s the same design 2014-2020. Red and in Europe preferably.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

Dadbikening continues. Installed some 22mm bar risers on the vfr.
Stock level.

Loosening the stock bolts + wiggling the cables for slack was the hardest part, ie it was piss easy.

Notably different

and done. like 45 mins in total working slowly.

Lever angle seemed ok, but I'll see if I adjust them a little downwards, depends on how it feels actually riding.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

Yup, will be keeping the risers installed. For my riding they were more comfortable. Higher wind shear with more up right position isn’t an issue at my usual riding speeds

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

https://www.motopumps.com/shop/vfr-bar-risers

It’s the .95 inches version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

I bought that shad comfort seat after my first weekend ride when I bought my fz6.
I also found it pretty funny that when I saw it again after the next owner had made it his own, it was more important to him to have the solo seat plastic cover thingy that only fits the stock seat..