Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
I've been slowly turning my FZ6 into a dadbike with a small tank bag, a 10L dry bag that more often than not stays strapped to the pillion, and dry bag panniers for trips.

My mesh jacket also went from a Bilt to a Klim. I don't think I'll ever be interested in an Aerostich, but I do want an airbag vest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I'm attempting to turn the FZ6 into a dadbike, but I'm unsure if the top mount and seat for this old thing are actually still available. Yeah SHAD's storefront let me put the order through, but I could also put 99 quantity of the top rack into cart and checkout and it didn't tell me no, and I doubt they're sitting on this huge pile of racks for this old piece.

But if it all comes through, then I'll be pretty happy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Remy Marathe posted:

I share your skepticism, love my Shad case though and it's been appropriately tough for a couple years of pretty much daily use, hope it all comes in.

I'd be curious to hear what you ultimately get with that brakelight. I was hunting a taillight kit for the red parts of my SH46 when I first got it, some pictures made it look like the right shape for that, but after emailing them it was apparently some separate light for under the box and I never did find a lighting kit- the box has cutouts and channels for wiring up brake lights, but either they never made the lighting kit or they stopped making it.

e; "explandable" lol

Buying from Shad directly it paired me with what I'm assuming is the correct light, but looking at Revzilla (which is twice the price of Shad direct, wtf) there are two models of lights. I'd have guessed that the light is fixed to the rack rather than the case, but I could be wrong on that.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Alright so that first order fell through, they were "4-8 weeks" out on the FZ6 rack, so I had them cancel the order.

Ended up finding a used rack off of eBay, grabbed the SH48 instead of the 46 off of Revzilla, the top rack add-on, and the expandable version of the soft inner bag. Skipped the brake light. Glad I skipped the light, as I was assuming it was merely an additional light source, but with how the mounting plate is set, it would have obscured half of the factory light and it's not blocking it as-is.

Drilling out for the back pads was simple, but the paper template for the steel add-on rack on top was not the best, and had to re-drill one of the holes. Holds both of my XXL helmets when they're on their side. Still has a few inches on top of the inner bag expanded out.

Really happy with it. Will be testing out passenger comfort tomorrow

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

I didn't think the seat was all that bad on the FZ6 until I went with a Shad one which was like the only thing I could find from any of the big names, being a 20 year old ride and all.

Stupidly more comfortable; I think I'm absolutely sold on aftermarket seats for any bike I own from this point forward

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

RightClickSaveAs posted:

:stare: drat as someone who just did a ~2 hour ride recently on the CBR600RR my aging body can't even contemplate that.

I'm eying something like a smaller sport tourer for my next bike. The Triumph Tiger 660 checks a lot of boxes (on paper at least). Maybe not dadbike thread material but dad-adjacent, for the dad with sportier pretenses. Can also be fully dadified with luggage and huge windscreens

I think my perfect bike would be one of these with the 765. And cruise control. Maybe they'll put the higher power 660 from the new Daytona in it sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

A MIRACLE posted:

What do you guys think about the multistrada v2

I want a v twin touring machine I think it would be cool

It would actually be cool if they resurrected the ST line so we could have a comfortable, sporty tourer that doesn't have the downside of looking like an ADV