Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Did I miss something that would cause my pre-order bonus code to not work yet? Purchased from GMG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

wdarkk posted:

Did I miss something that would cause my pre-order bonus code to not work yet? Purchased from GMG.

IIRC it's p slow due to the amount ppl buying it ... hence I decided to wait until it's closer to EA later.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

You are mistaken. Zidane will be delivered instantly according to the launcher

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah I got my earring and zidane as soon as I punched in the mog station code and logged in.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

orcane posted:

Like everything else in the game, access to expansions is heavily MSQ-gated - you won't even be able to use map transitions if your MSQ progress didn't unlock them, even if you can get to them somehow. Obviously ferries and other NPCs who will move you to new expansion zones just won't work, but even if you reach a transition you're not supposed to use yet (like the bridge to Radz-at-Han before you get officially invited in the 85 MSQ or thereabouts, or even the various islands with access to Ishgard/Foundation in the Sea of Clouds before you return and get to unlock flying) the game will just kick you back out to where you came from.

I once caught a ride on a multi-seat mount to a town I wasn't supposed to have access to yet, and none of the NPCs loaded in. So yeah, the game seems pretty intent about not letting you jump ahead in any way.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is your Dark Knight too edgy? Are you constantly being told to chill out?

Try the Frost Knight VFX Mod today!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

wdarkk posted:

Did it seem to be successfully entered on the Mogstation? not sure where you're encountering the failure

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I purchased it from GMG and the pre-order stuff says it is applied.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vitamean posted:

fwiw you can still access jobs tied to expansions as long as you reach their unlock level (80 for viper and the painting one)

except for dark knight, astrologian, and machinist which are still locked to the expansion area

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Same, and items were delivered as I logged afterwards, on EU though

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hellioning posted:

I purchased it from GMG and the pre-order stuff says it is applied.
you have any alt accounts? like could you have been logged on to the wrong one?

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
There's a possibility that Dawntrail will allow players to skip ahead in the MSQ, but nothing's been quite confirmed yet on the details.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hyper Inferno posted:

There's a possibility that Dawntrail will allow players to skip ahead in the MSQ, but nothing's been quite confirmed yet on the details.

If it were it would have been confirmed by now. It's getting mangled with information that if in the future they decide to have a new starting point for the MSQ then Dawntrail is a good place to put it and they're trying to design with that in mind.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yoship has actually confirmed the opposite. There will be no skip to 7.0.

https://www.dexerto.com/final-fantasy/ffxiv-director-addresses-controversial-story-skip-feature-in-dawntrail-2586684/

quote:

“For the story, we are not currently planning any kind of new skip feature,” the dev explained.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Bruceski posted:

If it were it would have been confirmed by now. It's getting mangled with information that if in the future they decide to have a new starting point for the MSQ then Dawntrail is a good place to put it and they're trying to design with that in mind.

This. Also Yoshi-P is still saying that he’s reluctant to do so because of how linear the MSQ is.

Considering there is no clean break from the existing cast and I doubt they’ll never going to bring up plot events or concepts from ARR-EW, I’m inclined to agree with them. Also the jump in even normal difficulty duty complexity.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

hopeandjoy posted:

This. Also Yoshi-P is still saying that he’s reluctant to do so because of how linear the MSQ is.

Considering there is no clean break from the existing cast and I doubt they’ll never going to bring up plot events or concepts from ARR-EW, I’m inclined to agree with them. Also the jump in even normal difficulty duty complexity.

Yeah imagine jumping into the game at 6.1, having to learn a zillion buttons for your job, and then doing the 6.2 trial

...Although it would be nice to let alts start at 7.0 if you have already done the MSQ.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Martman posted:

Did it seem to be successfully entered on the Mogstation? not sure where you're encountering the failure
Mogstation says that the entered code is invalid. Or is the "Dawntrail Digital Bonus" code not a Pre-Order Bonus Code?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

wdarkk posted:

Mogstation says that the entered code is invalid. Or is the "Dawntrail Digital Bonus" code not a Pre-Order Bonus Code?
that should be the one, afaik that's what the code I entered was called on GMG. sorry just tryin to be specific, you're sure you clicked the "pre-order bonus" code entry page and not general "item code" or whatever?

my only other guess is that maybe it actually did successfully enter and then you reloaded the page causing it to say it failed or something, so check in-game if you haven't already

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
There won't be a story skip until there is.

Maybe it will happen someday, but YoshiP is never going to confirm it before it happens.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
Just finished the Warrior lv70 quest. I have no words.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

wdarkk posted:

Did you follow the steps in this "how to redeem" guide?
https://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=82645
Copy-pasted the code? If the code doesn't work (SE codes are case sensitive BTW), contact GMG.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I can't even imagine how they are going to do it, but they will implement a skip to Dawntrail when they do the level squish in 8.0. They really fumbled what could have been a clean break from the first 10 years of story in 6.1, but it is what it is.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Firebert posted:

I can't even imagine how they are going to do it, but they will implement a skip to Dawntrail when they do the level squish in 8.0. They really fumbled what could have been a clean break from the first 10 years of story in 6.1, but it is what it is.

I dont think they're going to do any of that

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

orcane posted:

Did you follow the steps in this "how to redeem" guide?
https://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=82645
Copy-pasted the code? If the code doesn't work (SE codes are case sensitive BTW), contact GMG.

Yeah I guess I'll have to talk to them about it.

solitonmedic
May 25, 2020

Kheldarn posted:

Is your Dark Knight too edgy? Are you constantly being told to chill out?

Try the Frost Knight VFX Mod today!

that actually looks so clean

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Firebert posted:

Not only will they not do that, they should not do that. FF14's aggressive callbacks and continuity are a huge part of what makes its story work.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
We're not going to get a clean break from the Scions unless they are unable to follow us to an expansion's location.
So, like, shard travel, time travel, or knocking them out of the picture in some fashion.

Or we get a new protagonist, but that's probably even less likely.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

A clean break in the story would be a terrible, terrible idea. You might as well make Final Fantasy 17 at that point.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I dont think they're going to do any of that

KoB
May 1, 2009
they should do a level squish just because theres so many useless levels between 1 and 50. Only needs to be like 30 levels with the skills decently spaced out.

THe rate at which you get stuff would still be the same since youd still just hit 30 for ARR, but levels where you get stuff are more fun than levels where you get nothing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just keep going past 100 and then end the game on something weird like 170.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Stop making levels go up but keep increasing ilvl, so the final expac's savage gear is i2000 at level 100 :kheldragar:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

they should explain what a level squish is, at length, repeatedly

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
At level 100 you get the (job mastered) star above your head and are shunted into a completely different combat system

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

YggiDee posted:

At level 100 you get the (job mastered) star above your head and are shunted into a completely different combat system

job mastery is what should happen but we all know 8.0's gonna come out and raise the cap to 110 instead

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

YggiDee posted:

Final Fantasy XIV-2 will use the Black Desert Online combat system.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I love big numbers so levels should just keep getting higher imo.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

once you make sure the UI can properly display 100 there's nothing stopping you from going to 255 (job levels are stored as a byte)

RME
Feb 20, 2012

it all doesn't loving matter since they didnt stop at 99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

RME posted:

it all doesn't loving matter since they didnt stop at 99