Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mister Olympus posted:

since we're here, anyone mind bringing up godbert and lolorito again

Godbert is a lib :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

quote:

(type 8) "Enkindle Bahamut"[7429] -> "Enkindle Phoenix"[16516] -> (type 8) unknown[36998]

Chatgpt tasked with job upgrades this expansion

Edit: added spoiler I guess?

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Apr 19, 2024

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Oh, lol, I'd been working on getting the relevant things over in the spoilers thread, but fading in and out due to a cold so I guess it got brought up here first after all.

aers posted:

my name is in the reddit post so i guess you can decide if you trust me
Ah, you're one of my quoted posts. Anything you can add to this/correct?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3936345&pagenumber=942#post539034559

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

picto having paint mixing thats somewhat similar to ninja's mudras was my guess so if thats the case ill have been right about everything relating to this job

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Hellioning posted:

Anyway the real issue with the Endwalker Ishgardian role quests is that it doesn't do a good job of actually showing this supposed discrimination the clergy is going through.
One place you do get a decent look at this happening is the Scholasticate questline, where nobles and clergy are both getting regarded with less than rosy vibes.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Good news! There's a revised benchmark incoming with fixes for lighting in the character creator and some apparent texture/geometry adjustments. Release date TBA.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d893f46b1f506a64b485295d29cf949ef43bf580

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

At least they're acknowledging the character creator was still operating under PS3 limitations as far as lighting was concerned. I know you've still got a lot of technical debt Yoship but you can't let things like this slide until enough people complain. It's good they're going to fix it though. Hopefully we'll finally have graphical parity between character creator and reality for lighting conditions.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
Oh, nice! And right from Yoshi-P himself!

The old one is still likely to be there in 48 hours, right? I've been traveling since the day the benchmark dropped and haven't had computer access. I'm jealous of you guys, even with all these imperfections! I wanna make a hrothgal!

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

redstormpopcorn posted:

Good news! There's a revised benchmark incoming with fixes for lighting in the character creator and some apparent texture/geometry adjustments. Release date TBA.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d893f46b1f506a64b485295d29cf949ef43bf580

Pretty cool! I was happy with my gal's look before but maybe it'll be even better. Though I do still hope they fix the shaved head...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FeatherFloat posted:

The old one is still likely to be there in 48 hours, right? I've been traveling since the day the benchmark dropped and haven't had computer access. I'm jealous of you guys, even with all these imperfections! I wanna make a hrothgal!

If, for whatever reason, it's not, someone here should be able to share it for you.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

You can still download the ARR benchmark I think its not going anywhere

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

aers posted:

You can still download the ARR benchmark I think its not going anywhere

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

FeatherFloat posted:

They're not going to take it down until they have the replacement ready to go up in its place

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

redstormpopcorn posted:

notably, its not just lighting, they also note that the high-res textures for some things werent implemented correctly and that the scaling on a few things (especially mouths) wasnt right.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

The "scaling of mouths" part might mean mooncat fangs are getting a buff?

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Why'd they go and delete it on me

here's the heavensward one though http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/inst/ffxiv-heavensward-bench.zip

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Rosalind posted:

The two things I can think of that stand out regarding mouths are either mooncat fangs, or female elezen having a noticeably wider 'combat shout' mouth than everyone else.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Roth fangs will now be scaled to 0, .5 yalm, and 1 yalm long varieties.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's not just the 'prominent' things, a lot of people were noticing their mouths were slightly smaller/bigger than before.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Removed Lalafell mouths

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Potatoes don't have mouths, just lots of eyes. Biblically-accurate Lalafells incoming.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kheldarn posted:

Removed Lalafell mouths

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rosalind posted:

Let the cat people have sabertooth fangs.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

lalafell are getting tusks

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I was right, they really didn't update the character creator lighting to take the new system into account. Come on, guys, how did you not notice that.

Saint Freak posted:

Roth fangs will now be scaled to 0, .5 yalm, and 1 yalm long varieties.

Gonna pole vault with these hroth fangs.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Cleretic posted:

The two things I can think of that stand out regarding mouths are either mooncat fangs, or female elezen having a noticeably wider 'combat shout' mouth than everyone else.

They also gave lalas normal human teeth, which look very different from their cartoon character mouths before. That was my first thought when I saw the note. You know lalas are dev priority #1

RME
Feb 20, 2012

I figured the mouth bullet point was probably suggesting that mouth geometry wasn’t scaling with the height slider correctly for some combos

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

FuturePastNow posted:

They also gave lalas normal human teeth, which look very different from their cartoon character mouths before. That was my first thought when I saw the note. You know lalas are dev priority #1

Yoshi P is playing through some Dawntrail to test, on Yoshi P Sampo of course. He goes to take a gpose to finish the day, admiring the new graphics engine and grass.

Zoom in. Her smile. The smile her parents left her... it's different.

An angry knock disrupts the lunch time tranquility of the art department. Hand shaking the department director opens the door and comes face to face with The Director. His eyes glow when he is channeling large amounts of aether.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Doomykins posted:

Yoshi P is playing through some Dawntrail to test, on Yoshi P Sampo of course. He goes to take a gpose to finish the day, admiring the new graphics engine and grass.

An angry knock disrupts the lunch time tranquility of the art department. Hand shaking the department director opens the door and comes face to face with The Director. His eyes glow when he is channeling large amounts of aether.

I was going to say that most lalafel players would actually be fine with having an unsettlingly realistic set of teeth, but yeah, it's Yoshi-P playing one that'd be the trigger on this one.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Doomykins posted:

*limit break noise*

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Cleretic posted:

I was going to say that most lalafel players would actually be fine with having an unsettlingly realistic set of teeth, but yeah, it's Yoshi-P playing one that'd be the trigger on this one.

here's the mouth thing I was talking about :

looking at it closer it definitely looks like a scaling issue to me. Whereas the mooncat fangs seem like a deliberate design choice (that they're going to have to reverse)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI5jcg5ihrU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
They should give every character the option have fangs if they weren't cowards :colbert:

Yes I do want my Lala to have giant vampire fangs and to run around with a cape as a mini dracula.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Rynoto posted:

They should give every character the option have fangs if they weren't cowards :colbert:

Yes I do want my Lala to have giant vampire fangs and to run around with a cape as a mini dracula.

I'd use them on my current duskwight look since I already accidentally made her a vampire. It wasn't really my goal going in but these robes just look great on her.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

[Square Enix Offices]

Art dev: [chanting] teeth, teeth-

Rest of the art department: teeth, TEETH

YoshiP: [pounding a printed out stack if Lalafel pictures] TEETH, TEETH, TEETH!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Teeth talk

https://twitter.com/random_factor/status/1231271828208967681

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If you've been wanting some costumes or dyes, but were waitng for a sale, they're currently 30% off.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

please don't swipe your credit card for dyes

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Vitamean posted:

please don't swipe your credit card for dyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rynoto posted:

Renaming my Viera to Bunnicula.