Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

I wanna see Hephaistos with the new update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

aers posted:

i hope in DT they've randomly changed every single dye's color by 1-5 in each channel

i should note that dyes in XIV are controlled by a client file called "stainingtemplate" (dyes are stains internally) and the benchmark has a new file called "stainingtemplate_gud" and i'd guess gud means graphics update

haven't really done a comparison between them yet

*looking at someone that has only stained one channel* git gud

E: gently caress

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

lol

Feldegast42 posted:

*looking at someone that has only stained one channel* git gud

We've moved past "where is your adventurer plate" shaming, we're on "where is your second dye" shaming now.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I haven't seen the hades 2 stuff but of course Hephaistos is a bear, game is going to rock

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 19, 2024

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Thundarr posted:

lol

We've moved past "where is your adventurer plate" shaming, we're on "where is your second dye" shaming now.

I'm showing up in your roulettes with default adventuring plate and 0 dye channels.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Failboattootoot posted:

I'm showing up in your roulettes with default adventuring plate and 0 dye channels.

A good bit would be doing day one endgame content all glammed up with random ARR gear.

e: and default portrait

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Feldegast42 posted:

I haven't seen the hades 2 stuff but of course Hephaistos is a bear, game is going to rock

He's also in a wheelchair with a prosthetic leg

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

redstormpopcorn posted:

what are the odds their internal repo for the update is Git-GUD :v:

i half expected them to be using visual sourcesafe or something but lol it doesn't work with even halfway modern vs editions like the one they were on before the update

maybe it's perforce or something stupid idk

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Cheap Shot posted:

I would kill for a dye inventory like other mmos have. We have one for crafting crystals which barely matter. Half my inventory is dye pots.

I agree, but replace dyes with fishing baits. Replace one or two whole pages of inventory with fishing-bait slots only.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

quiggy posted:

A good bit would be doing day one endgame content all glammed up with random ARR gear.

Default male Hyur and whatever the most default job is too.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Failboattootoot posted:

I turned off showing them day 1...No regrets.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Dwesa posted:

I agree, but replace dyes with fishing baits. Replace one or two whole pages of inventory with fishing-bait slots only.

One of the greatest things about coming toward the end of my fishing journey is being able to empty my inventory of all but a handful of bait.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Bruceski posted:

Zone into Bardam's Mettle, do the first big pull, reach for one of my mitigation buttons, and it isn't there -- my instincts were that I was still on my Paladin, not Gunbreaker.

I have never panic-slammed Superbolide so quickly, give me time to remember what job I'm actually playing.

This is why all my tanks have their mitigation on the same buttons, everything is roughly analogous even beyond the role abilities.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Detheros posted:

We could literally use the quest inventory and not fill up on quest items.

If I remember right quest items are fake inventory space. It's part of the quest log pretending to be a bag.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Cheap Shot posted:

I would kill for a dye inventory like other mmos have. We have one for crafting crystals which barely matter. Half my inventory is dye pots.

It's not too bad for my fav blue dyes as I just need like 3 main colors white, black, and like dark blue colors.

The roughest time was just me working in Ishgard Firmament and I worked all crafting back to back for several days and I had so many extra mats which I sold.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I keep almost every dye even though personally I only ever use blue and oranges. Mainly just in case Fashion Report uses them :v:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Electric Phantasm posted:

To the horror of the rest of the party, they are a level 100 marauder.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

My saddlebag is full of dyes. I hoard the ones that I use often (such as mole brown), any that are inconvenient to get (like from tribe vendors), and the materials used for crafted dyes. I don't have room for anything else in there, but it's relatively convenient and it keeps the dyes from taking over my regular inventory.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I'd also like it if they made it so your job portrait didn't break and reset to default because you moved too suddenly, or had an impure thought.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Cheap Shot posted:

I'd also like it if they made it so your job portrait didn't break and reset to default because you moved too suddenly, or had an impure thought.

Patch 10.56 feature

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Electric Phantasm posted:

I think it defaults to gladiator when you make a brand new character from scratch, though the bots tend to be archers. They're all Lalafell on my server these days. I assume it's the same elsewhere.

Default male Plainsfolk in toad leather/iron sallet combo.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Lalafell are easier to hide under the world I suppose.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

HackensackBackpack posted:

I think it defaults to gladiator when you make a brand new character from scratch, though the bots tend to be archers. They're all Lalafell on my server these days. I assume it's the same elsewhere.

Default male Plainsfolk in toad leather/iron sallet combo.

I stopped seeing bots on my server and found out that they’re all underground somehow now. Just piles of identical hyur and lala mole people shouting about rmt and farming where they can’t be seen or targeted.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Cheap Shot posted:

I stopped seeing bots on my server and found out that they’re all underground somehow now. Just piles of identical hyur and lala mole people shouting about rmt and farming where they can’t be seen or targeted.

I actually ran into some wild underground bots when I was doing a low-level quest on an alt once. They were killing coeurls out by the waterfall in Upper La Noscea. It was kind of surreal to watch. The ones I usually see tend to be at the Adders' Nest. They pop up long enough to turn stuff in before flitting back off the screen. Just a dozen little guys named Xcbfsd Zevdfdwdtw or whatever.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I ran into some underground bots while taking my Dynamis alt through the MSQ; they were triggering spawns of MSQ-linked mobs while not being visible on the map, so it was a weird moment of "why are all these chigoes spawning and getting killed?" It was only a bit later, when they hit some point where they had to go visible, that I saw the pack of lalas and put 2 and 2 together.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

You can occasionally get full glimpses of them burrowed underground with the idling camera if you do it in the right spots

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

just had a seal rock that looked hopeless a few minutes in before we rallied and took first place. anyone can do it if they try.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Vitamean posted:

just had a seal rock that looked hopeless a few minutes in before we rallied and took first place. anyone can do it if they try.

The only winning move is not to play :v:

In other words, farming the pvp currency was suffering for me and I'd probably avoid it if possible for a long time.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

if you read my post you'd find we won by playing

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

My winning move for Seal Rock is to have decided that getting the field commander's coat will happen when it happens and it's not a huge priority

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

my surreal bot episode was queueing for leveling roulette and replacing into a sastasha where one of the bots had disconnected

they were practically glitching through encounters at the speed they went down - they were gone from the instance before i could catch up

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Frontlines is really easy when you notice that with enough rounds played your 1st 2nd and 3rd place ratio becomes completely even.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i can't do much frontlines anymore, i just dont like games where i can't have much personal impact in any genre (short of becoming the battlefield tactician which i have no desire to do). i still like CC though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Vitamean posted:

I just had an amazing comeback as well. Went from 100/400/500 to a bit of a mess where they'd get high-score nodes and kill each other over them while we snuck the triangles, ending with blue at 675 but no nodes struggling to win some points while we slipped in ahead of them.

One of those fights where you decide "whelp, if one of them can keep momentum going we've lost so just claim victory over every inch and try to play a game you can feel happy about." Numerous times where I'd be unable to defend a node but stalled long enough for backup to arrive, or tag someone coming up the bridge hard enough that they jumped off to recover not knowing I was the only one up there.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Apr 20, 2024

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

quiggy posted:

Aurum Vale fending it is actually a pretty drat solid glam choice for a paladin, I rolled with for quite awhile

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I've had Seal Rock matches where my team was in third place for most of it and ended up winning, undeservedly, because the other two teams over focused on each other combined with lucky node placement. It's always been entirely possible to come from behind, it just usually needs the other two teams to get complacent and for your team to not be full of dummies.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Thundarr posted:

I've had Seal Rock matches where my team was in third place for most of it and ended up winning, undeservedly, because the other two teams over focused on each other combined with lucky node placement. It's always been entirely possible to come from behind, it just usually needs the other two teams to get complacent and for your team to not be full of dummies.

And for complete loving dumb luck to win out.

I hate Seal Rock so much, because for someone who wants to feel like they contributed to a win, even most of the wins feel bullshit.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I can seal rock or nadaam all day but miss me with the new shatter poo poo. loving hate that map.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

parasyte posted:

i half expected them to be using visual sourcesafe or something but lol it doesn't work with even halfway modern vs editions like the one they were on before the update

maybe it's perforce or something stupid idk

its perforce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

I can seal rock or nadaam all day but miss me with the new shatter poo poo. loving hate that map.

I need five more shatter wins for the map-specific mount but I know if I try to pound them out in one day I'm gonna get like three wins ten losses in and get Really Mad.

it'll happen when it happens