Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

limp dick calvin posted:

Do achievement fates do anything for the event? I’d love to cross off some achievement prompts when I get into old zones.

they're still fates so if you do one in a zone that drops medals, you can do them to earn more medals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dalradia question: I was in a run today where someone was calling out four letters for the lasers, like LR LL. I'm pretty sure I've only ever seen two letters for callouts, but when asking about it everybody acted like it was totally normal without actually saying what the extra two letters were for. Have I just had some aphasia moment where I've forgotten how many letters the callout has had this entire time?

EDIT: looking at my log it was LL RR, RL RR, RL LL and RL LL

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I think the runs I did were like oxoo ooxo, that sort it thing

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Zeruel posted:

I think the runs I did were like oxoo ooxo, that sort it thing

that doesn't... there are two lanes per side. why are there eight letters?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

limp dick calvin posted:

Do achievement fates do anything for the event? I’d love to cross off some achievement prompts when I get into old zones.

This is an ideal time to get the ARR achievement fates nobody really does anymore. I was just in a farming group that did the South Shroud one in like three minutes flat

Hoping I can maybe get my last couple of Stormblood ones crossed off the list myself, maybe Darkscale too

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Bruceski posted:

that doesn't... there are two lanes per side. why are there eight letters?

It's the dual laser corridor, right? and they have 4 lasers each, so the person at the console reads both out at once like that. I think. it's been a hot second and it wasn't explained well. :v:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I have three large problems in the Dalridia Corridor thing:

1) does "RL" mean "Right Corridor, Left Side", or "Right Side of the Left Corridor"?
2) are they telling me the safe zone or the danger zone?
3) sometimes players use /yell instead of /shout and yell does not reach the end of the corridors

I have never managed to do the corridors without dying.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Thanks! God I want to clear It’s Not Lupus so much

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
I got my Hori F14 TacCom today. Any thoughts on good ways to set it up? The one annoyance I have is that on this model the joystick is upright so it's kinda hard to use in a totally natural way - it would be better if you could angle it tbh. But otherwise it seems cool and I'm interested to get to grips with it, seems like it has a lot of potential.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Zeruel posted:

It's the dual laser corridor, right? and they have 4 lasers each, so the person at the console reads both out at once like that. I think. it's been a hot second and it wasn't explained well. :v:

There's 2 lasers on each side, one of which fires each time. Usually someone will just call out "RL" to mean the right side of the right hall and the left side of the left hall are safe.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
gently caress, no wonder I keep getting lasered

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Alder posted:

I was watching some YT guides on the event and I realized...I kinda dislike all of the weapon designs alot. Thankfully I did buy all the minions so I bought the framer kit and now I'm free.

The Fang of the Fearless Cat is like the one good one to me, and even that would be better without the Branding.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I don't use any of the minions or weapons but no way I'm letting this poo poo go past me...

is what I'd normally say but I cleaned this content out the first time around, and topped up when they added the new weapons. This morning I took a quick trip to the gold saucer and came out 20k mgp poorer with a new plate set.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Vitamean posted:

I don't use any of the minions or weapons but no way I'm letting this poo poo go past me...

is what I'd normally say but I cleaned this content out the first time around, and topped up when they added the new weapons. This morning I took a quick trip to the gold saucer and came out 20k mgp poorer with a new plate set.

It's a nice plate set at least with parts that can be used without being discordant.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Why isn't there a better way to sync to FATEs than trying to click on a button that doesn't work 1/4 of the time? Or is there and I am missing it

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

after like two years of checking centurio hunts occasionally I finally got all arr a-rank hunts and the title seeker of fortune, which I wanted for reasons I no longer remember (miner, maybe?) :confuoot:

Valentin fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 25, 2024

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

FuturePastNow posted:

Why isn't there a better way to sync to FATEs than trying to click on a button that doesn't work 1/4 of the time? Or is there and I am missing it

slap a /levelsync macro onto your hotbar

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cimetools lets you use FATE Auto Sync

Edit: It will also turn on Tank Stance when it syncs you.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 25, 2024

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
It took a whole 5 minutes of fate farming in Central Shroud before some guy started screaming about how Blue Mages are ruining the event for everyone.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Blue mages do ruin Fate farming though with the way they monopolize spawns so nobody else can even get credit. I wouldn't mind BLU if it weren't for the fact that unless I'm really fast on the draw I can't even get bronze credit when they're around.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I was ready to complain about it, but then a spot opened up on a team with a Blue Mage, and now I'm good.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm double dipping on atmas for a Paladin ARR relic so I just turn stance on and aoe to gold. Thanks for the /levelsync btw that will help a lot

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Countblanc posted:

The Fang of the Fearless Cat is like the one good one to me, and even that would be better without the Branding.

The astrologian globe is so stupid I'm almost tempted to start using it

On the plus side, all of these weapons can go in the armoire, so that's where they're going to live until I decide it's time to make Gold Plastic Snake AST a reality

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
Even as a tank, when you're synced down to a level where you don't have a ranged attack, it can still be hard to get gold credit if one or more BLU are killing everything from range before you have a chance to get close enough to get in a single hit. Especially when the mobs spawn outside of the fate level sync zone, far enough that you can't hit them with melee but they can hit them with ranged attacks.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Clearly you should take this time to level blue mage and get skills. When you finish that, most of the rush will be gone and you can cheese the fates yourself.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Bruceski posted:

There's 2 lasers on each side, one of which fires each time. Usually someone will just call out "RL" to mean the right side of the right hall and the left side of the left hall are safe.

wh... why would the first letter be for the right hallway and the 2nd letter for the left hallway??

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It's been a hot minute since I last did Dalriada but we mostly do XO OX to show safe spots in the laser corridor.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I was running fates earlier, and even though there was no party, the BLU dedicated themselves to only using Sticky Tongue and constantly pulled everything intk a pile for everyone to AOE down

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Countblanc posted:

It's OK :shobon:

I did the event the very first time it arrived so I have the BLM and DRK weps and they kinda just exist in my armoire. I know most sensible players will wait for 2-3 weeks so it's less chaotic but I just think I would rather do leveling on WAR than fates.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

wh... why would the first letter be for the right hallway and the 2nd letter for the left hallway??

Because I'm dyslexic tonight.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Everyone should level blu and farm the spells because it's super fun.

primaltrash posted:

I was running fates earlier, and even though there was no party, the BLU dedicated themselves to only using Sticky Tongue and constantly pulled everything intk a pile for everyone to AOE down

Hydro Pull is an AoE draw in for the real fun!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

remember when they released that dungeon and the push/pull cast names were mixed up

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

RME posted:

remember when they released that dungeon and the push/pull cast names were mixed up

The Horse of Lies was followed by the Doll With A Cat In It and then by the best final dungeon boss fight ever in the game. (This is just my opinion but Poisontongue is cool and has lots of mechanics)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

RME posted:

lmao I remember thinking "oh, okay, that makes sense, a malevolent spirit would lie to you like that, koji you're so clever." yet another way the perfidious koji fox has wronged me personally

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

yokai watch is tearing our beloved community apart.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

HackensackBackpack posted:

The Horse of Lies was followed by the Doll With A Cat In It and then by the best final dungeon boss fight ever in the game. (This is just my opinion but Poisontongue is cool and has lots of mechanics)

I always love a good Coincounter.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Countblanc posted:

I like how the DRK weapon really matches the colors of the LotA tank armor.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

is Oceania travel still up? Are their FATEs poppin?

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

primaltrash posted:

I wish I had your luck. On my world, every fate had devolved into a BLU race to nuke everything first. Even in a party I was still frequently not getting credit and I just gave up. RNG already makes me want to uninstall when I encounter it, let alone racing to even activate the gamba. Fuckin even Eureka is better than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

the BLUs will probably have everything and be bored in a week