Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

All 90s obtained. The reward: a hat Viera can wear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I am so glad I do not and never have cared about Yokai Watch so I can just ignore this event because everyone else doing it seemed to be miserable.

Like even the people who posted the mount that they get at the end just seemed to be 'oh thank god that is over'.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

it's not that bad to get the regular mount iirc

god help you if you want the glowy one, though (i have the glowy one)

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Hellioning posted:

I am so glad I do not and never have cared about Yokai Watch so I can just ignore this event because everyone else doing it seemed to be miserable.

Like even the people who posted the mount that they get at the end just seemed to be 'oh thank god that is over'.

It's not very good, no.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Yeah honestly reminds me of F2P MMO events where there's just so much RNG for items that don't feel like it's worth the effort. It's a shame since the other FFXIV events usually respect my time and I can just move on back to my routine.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

I did it in 2020, and I think the dialogue choices speak for themselves.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
It's agony if you spread it out and just podcast fodder fate grinding if you use the full two months you get. Even playing tag with the low level fates is better than bulk grinding Shared Fates for ShB or EW.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I got all 17 minions (and one mount, and 3 weapons) in about four hours of FATEs yesterday

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

My FF14 superpower is that I can grind FATEs forever, so I've been having a pretty good time getting stupid toyetic weapons. Even managed to bang out my last two Stormblood achievement FATEs last night -- now I just need a Churning Mists farm group to get the Darkscale chain, and I'll be done with cheevo FATEs until DT.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I just got past all the FATE grinding for an ARR relic, so yeah nah, gonna be skipping this event.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Antivehicular posted:

My FF14 superpower is that I can grind FATEs forever, so I've been having a pretty good time getting stupid toyetic weapons. Even managed to bang out my last two Stormblood achievement FATEs last night -- now I just need a Churning Mists farm group to get the Darkscale chain, and I'll be done with cheevo FATEs until DT.
you been farming bicolor gems? the vouchers have been going for like 200,000 gil lately on Excal, and you can get 1 every 7.1 fates or so!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Martman posted:

you been farming bicolor gems? the vouchers have been going for like 200,000 gil lately on Excal, and you can get 1 every 7.1 fates or so!

Yeah, but I've been saving the vouchers for myself because big dumb mount.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, but I've been saving the vouchers for myself because big dumb mount.
I would guess they'll fall in price a ton once people rush back to the game for DT, but I am also always wrong about market predictions so that's probably a solid strat

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Doomykins posted:

I picked the ones I thought were cute(minions or weapons) and I blindly go to zones with fates and do them until I hit 5 legendary medals for a session or get bored.

After years of WoW holidays these FF14 holidays are a breeze.

Just remember that after the first weapon you buy, all of the rest cost 10 Medals. If you dip out at 5, you're gonna have to go back for another 5.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The modern yokai event is not an insane grind. You’ll be fine.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Martman posted:

I would guess they'll fall in price a ton once people rush back to the game for DT, but I am also always wrong about market predictions so that's probably a solid strat

Yeah, I think it's going to depend a lot on how DT handles FATE currency. I imagine they'll crash if DT FATEs still award bicolors, and possibly as population rebounds in general, but if they do something different (like, I dunno, rotate in a new FATE currency the way they do Hunt currencies, since we've had two expansions now with bicolors) I suspect the market will stay high. I guess we'll see.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I got them all years ago so I just picked up the portrait stuff. It's nice.

Whisper-a-go / a-go-go is a critically important mount to pick up if you are a roe dude though. And still pretty good if you aren't.

KoB
May 1, 2009
the scooty puff jr is the only mount i use

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

KoB posted:

the scooty puff jr is the only mount i use

Scooty Puff Jr sucks!!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hellioning posted:

Fortunately, I did it all last time, so all I needed to do this time around was go to the gold saucer to buy the framer kit.
Was kind of surprised they didn't put in a Sage or Reaper weapon, though in hindsight, I guess it makes sense because then they'd also have to work in 2 more minions and whatnot, which probably affects whatever terms of the deal they had for the crossover in the first place.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

whisper go (specifically NOT whisper go-go) is my go-to frontlines mount just cause I feel like having a low profile mount like that makes you less likely to get targeted in murderball scenarios. was actually killer back when we had maps with control points cause you just don't see the stupid tiny thing coming at you from very far away to sneak a cap.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Vitamean posted:

whisper go (specifically NOT whisper go-go) is my go-to frontlines mount just cause I feel like having a low profile mount like that makes you less likely to get targeted in murderball scenarios. was actually killer back when we had maps with control points cause you just don't see the stupid tiny thing coming at you from very far away to sneak a cap.

try the Big Shell it rules for this

leaptosleep
Jun 13, 2023
I see they're bringing back the DQX event in June. I wish they would give out the slime earrings during this instead of it being a limited-time Tokyo Game Show thing. The last time it was available was 2016.

Hellioning posted:

I genuinely enjoyed grinding it last time it was around. I was new and it was the only time the game felt like an MMO until I unlocked Eureka. I feel like the people making themselves miserable are all trying to rush it ASAP even though there's plenty of time to finish it. Like if the current crowd is making FATEs die too fast they could just wait a couple weeks and still get everything at a leisurely pace.

leaptosleep fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Apr 26, 2024

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Vitamean posted:

Same, but I use the Air Force mount for that

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/starrdiver/status/1783648225922052494

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

leaptosleep posted:

I see they're bringing back the DQX event in June. I wish they would give out the slime earrings during this instead of it being a limited-time Tokyo Game Show thing. The last time it was available was 2016.

skill issue :colbert:

(seriously though I agree with you because they are my go-to glam earring on literally every job set, they're one of the few earring items that are both of "two earrings" and "actually visible")

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

[extremely Fem Au Ra Face 2 player voice] what are……… earrings?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

hopeandjoy posted:

[extremely Fem Au Ra Face 2 player voice] what are……… earrings?

The things you pierce through your horns. (Check it out, that actually happens).

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Oh I’m aware, the joke is that it’s just really hard to see all but the most large of earrings on my girl lol.

The long hair doesn’t help.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Onean posted:

Please save yourself a ton of time and try out a few other dungeons to see if they got the bonus event when the hour ticks over*. Even if Aurum Vale can be done the fastest, there're a handful of other dungeons that are very close in time. Getting 200% of the payout for a run that's only 150% the duration (or less, I forget which it was but I had one dungeon with the bonus that was only like 30 seconds longer than AV) is a greater investment of your time.

*Edit: I say every hour even though the cycle happens every two hours because you can't rely on other people saying it happens on odd or even hours due to time zones and DST. Once you happen to catch a change on the hour you only have to check every two hours afterwards.

I recommend just doing Ifrit normal 100 times for the light. In SB it was like 5 seconds per run, so it's probably a single GCD now. Put on a good playlist and knock it out in an hour.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

(seriously though I agree with you because they are my go-to glam earring on literally every job set, they're one of the few earring items that are both of "two earrings" and "actually visible")

Speaking of go-to glam items, this made me wonder. So I have a question for everyone here.

Question of the day - Do you have any "signature" glam items?

These are items that will appear in majority of your glams. Items that your WoL feels incomplete without.

For me, it is the Cactaur Earring and the Archaeodemon Horns

With the Cactaur earrings - Cactaurs have always been my favorite FF creature. And it's a great shade of green to add a little pop of color to any outfit. The only outfit I can think of that doesn't include these earrings is my swimsuit outfit - because I swap in the Bomb Earrings for the Moonfire Faire vibes.

WIth the horns - well... I like demon girls. So that's self explanatory. I think the only outfit of mine that doesn't include the horns is my fishing outfit.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
my WoL has very short hair and I didn't like most hat items, which cover it, or most circlet/bandanna items, which clip very badly, so I started putting glasses in her and it works well. I decided she didn't know she was nearsighted until halfway through Endwalker.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

YggiDee posted:

my WoL has very short hair and I didn't like most hat items, which cover it, or most circlet/bandanna items, which clip very badly, so I started putting glasses in her and it works well. I decided she didn't know she was nearsighted until halfway through Endwalker.

FFXVI event: "This Ifrit isn't the same as ours"
Your WoL: "...it isn't?“

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

YggiDee posted:

*cries in Viera*

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Most of my glams are unique, though they might share 1 or 2 parts. The only thing I try to put on every glam is the Wayfarer's Necklace, as long as it can be seen, and for about half, it can't.

I use the High House Boots (and Half Boots) regularly. My Elezen needs to be even taller!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I tend to reuse only some minor parts in glams - I either use Ala Mhigan earrings or Etheirys earrings and if I have a glam with fingerless gloves or no gloves (majority of my glams), I use Omicron ring on one hand and Etheirys ring on the other hand.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 26, 2024

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Mordiceius posted:

All of my glams have the Pixie Earrings, Ring of Lasting Shelter on the left hand, Master (class)'s Ring on the right hand, and Wayfarer's Necklace if the necklace is visible and the chest piece doesn't have a clashing one built in.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
All of my glams are completely identical save for weapon. I have a look and I’m keeping it.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

ugh. can I pick the thread's brain about graphics issues?

I literally just upgraded my hardware like last month (2070 -> 4070) and my in-game performance is...fine? but something is clearly wrong - my wife's machine, which is like 90% the exact same hardware, is working properly. looks very nice. lots of frames, real smooth.

mine? I'm standing around in an empty corner of the gold saucer and I'm getting 65 FPS.

It's not capped in the in-game settings - in fact, when I open the config menu from the ff14 main menu, it reports 144 fps there. I've got the graphics at maximum settings, where it should be fine?

changing the graphics settings from maximum to standard doesn't give me any more fps

it's not capped in the nvidia software, I doublechecked that when I ran the benchmark.

what the gently caress am I overlooking?

Mordiceius posted:

Glasses.

(an older, incomplete compilation, but imgur is throwing a fit about uploading the more recent one)

hexwren fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Mordiceius posted:

Hard Leather Skullcap is my go-to hat. It's a great beanie that dyes well.