Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Flavahbeast posted:

how are people liking DRG in 6.0? Mine is getting dumpstered by SMNs in the 81-90 dungeons but I dont know how much of that is the class and how much is just me being bad at drg

I like it, but I haven't been doing comparisons. Only 89 currently so I don't have Double Dragoon to add to things, until then it's just more of the same with some quality of life bumps smoothed over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

This was a good game.

Welp, see y'all in 7.0!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Coming back as a healer after a year away is really stressful. It's like having to perform CPR while you're trying to remember what a heart is

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Flavahbeast posted:

how are people liking DRG in 6.0? Mine is getting dumpstered by SMNs in the 81-90 dungeons but I dont know how much of that is the class and how much is just me being bad at drg

Bringing back the Power Surge name was honestly kind of a harbinger imo, this feels much closer to its ARR/HW state than anything previous, in that your main challenge is big logjams of double weave sequences and keeping in mind what to prioritize when a bunch of things are off cooldown at once while keeping a consistent loop of your main combos.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Was the pizza emote a limited supply thing for some insane reason? It doesn't appear to have applied the code to my order. Was the 20,000 seriously the limit for the emote itself and not just the free delivery? If there was actually a limit on this digital item they can make infinite of then that is just insane

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Thank goodness we have a new thread! Number of pages were getting a little high. Close call!

I'm level 87, and I just met Meteion and I would do anything for her.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Macaluso posted:

Was the pizza emote a limited supply thing for some insane reason? It doesn't appear to have applied the code to my order. Was the 20,000 seriously the limit for the emote itself and not just the free delivery? If there was actually a limit on this digital item they can make infinite of then that is just insane

I think that just like every cross promotion involving ff xiv the massive response by the fanbase overwhelmed what the partner was expecting and they have to scramble to catch up.

Like I can't imagine those 20,000 free deliveries even lasted an hour.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

People in TPT chat were talking about people on reddit sending orders to restaurants with notes saying "don't make this food," which, lmao

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The fact that it's US only means that there was also probably a lot of enterprising resellers clearing places out of pizzas to get codes to turn around on eBay.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Yeah, I got free delivery at like two minutes after the promotion started, but my friends who were a little later didn't. Good excuse to get some Dairy Queen, if nothing else.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

If it's like most of the other promotions they've done, there will be an alternate way to get the emote later that's at least a little less obnoxious.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Endwalker never came together as a coherent whole for me, even if some of the individual pieces are brilliant. However I can at least say reaper might be the most fun job.

Also the hottest dude is Emet-Selch with no competition. No idea how they managed to make him hotter but they did.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Eimi posted:

Endwalker never came together as a coherent whole for me, even if some of the individual pieces are brilliant. However I can at least say reaper might be the most fun job.

Also the hottest dude is Emet-Selch with no competition. No idea how they managed to make him hotter but they did.

How can you say that when Hythlodaeus exists? His dreaminess exceeds all measurements.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
eyyy I'm endwalkin' here

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I demand the mods honor our wish to give one final title to the Shadowbringers thread: "Remember us. Remember that we once shitposted."

Please, please this. God drat what a good sendoff for a good thread.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Farg posted:

eyyy I'm endwalkin' here

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

wizardofloneliness posted:

How can you say that when Hythlodaeus exists? His dreaminess exceeds all measurements.

He's a bottom, I'm a bottom, it'd never work.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Eimi posted:

No joke I got a butterfly feeling when he noticed me first zoning into Elpis. Emet-Selch is the best.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Endwalker is good, imo.

I'm really curious about (MSQ end) where it goes from here, though. Like literally what even the first patch is gonna be. Maybe just touring around to see what each of the Scions are up to? But that would be weird since we just said goodbye. I can't wait to find out!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
As someone whose trying to make it to zones 5 and 6 without spoilers due to how I see goons hyping it up, can anyone tell me without spoilers why it's so :holkyfuck: for people? I feel like based on the goon reactions so far I'm going to go into it with the same kinds of unrealistic expectations that Marvel fans have going into the Spider-Man.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Professor Beetus posted:

As someone whose trying to make it to zones 5 and 6 without spoilers due to how I see goons hyping it up, can anyone tell me without spoilers why it's so :holkyfuck: for people? I feel like based on the goon reactions so far I'm going to go into it with the same kinds of unrealistic expectations that Marvel fans have going into the Spider-Man.

There is no way to do this. Just keep playing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Professor Beetus posted:

The answer is, not really.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You just gotta go experience it, friend.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Professor Beetus posted:

As someone whose trying to make it to zones 5 and 6 without spoilers due to how I see goons hyping it up, can anyone tell me without spoilers why it's so :holkyfuck: for people?

I mean... no, not really.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Professor Beetus posted:

Not even a little bit no. It would spoil massive swathes of the plot.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Please enjoy playing Endwalker in blissful ignorance right up to the point where you go :monocle:

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Professor Beetus posted:

You are gonna know the absolute nanosecond what zone five is the moment there’s even a small whiff of a hint for it. And you’ll know because your face will go :aaaaa:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Thanks for the replies. I will assume that I am going to Midgar to be Clouds best friend and if it's anything less I will be disappointed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Professor Beetus posted:

Thanks for the replies. I will assume that I am going to Midgar to be Clouds best friend and if it's anything less I will be disappointed.

Closer than you think to the truth.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Begemot posted:

I'm really curious about (MSQ end) where it goes from here, though. Like literally what even the first patch is gonna be. Maybe just touring around to see what each of the Scions are up to? But that would be weird since we just said goodbye. I can't wait to find out!

Emet literally told you like the next decades worth of content after saving your friends with you

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I spent about $40 total for about two meals' worth of food, plus the emote

More expensive than Butterfinger by far, clearly this is their prestige title now

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Roses are red, I'm not okay

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So I haven't been doing the new stuff yet but in general the older stuff seems a bit easier after the squish. I'm seeing bosses die earlier than I ever used to last patch. I don't know if it's the squish, job changes, or reapers and sages being OP at lower levels.

Also I can't decide on a job to play through EW yet. I'll probably go with SMN though PLD, NIN, AST, and MCH are close behind.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Popoto posted:

You are gonna know the absolute nanosecond what zone five is the moment there’s even a small whiff of a hint for it. And you’ll know because your face will go :aaaaa:

Actually in my case, when I got there I was sure this was going to be a solo duty or something and I did a :monocle: for real when the zone title popped up and I realized the crazy bastards had made an entire area out of it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mr. Nice! posted:

Closer than you think to the truth.

:aaaaa:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

IcePhoenix posted:

Emet literally told you like the next decades worth of content after saving your friends with you

Well yeah, but this is for the patches, I don't think we're going to Meracydia immediately. It would be cool if we got some new hard mode dungeons for the MSQ this time, stuff that never got it before.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Begemot posted:

Endwalker is good, imo.

I mean Emet literally all but looked directly at the camera and listed off like 20 things that will make for good expansion content in the future

edit: I see your next post. There's that Pandamonium place we'll be going to!

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 10, 2021

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So I haven't been doing the new stuff yet but in general the older stuff seems a bit easier after the squish. I'm seeing bosses die earlier than I ever used to last patch. I don't know if it's the squish, job changes, or reapers and sages being OP at lower levels.

Also I can't decide on a job to play through EW yet. I'll probably go with SMN though PLD, NIN, AST, and MCH are close behind.

Weirdly, I've noticed that alliance raids are harder, while 4-man dungeons are easier. I ran Void Ark earlier, and saw phases of those bosses I've never seen before.

I guess you could chalk that up to the high population of reapers who have no idea what they're doing, though :v:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Begemot posted:

Weirdly, I've noticed that alliance raids are harder, while 4-man dungeons are easier. I ran Void Ark earlier, and saw phases of those bosses I've never seen before.

I guess you could chalk that up to the high population of reapers who have no idea what they're doing, though :v:

It's probably a combination of the stat squish and people not really knowing what they're doing. All the low level dungeons go by in a flash, whereas last night I had the first wipe to T.G. Cid I've seen in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Thoughts on what jobs I've hit level 90 with so far:

Monk: In a real good spot, I like that Perfect Balance -> Masterful Blitz changes and how flexible you can be about doing them, and I really like how your usage of Perfect Balance shifts as much as it does as you go through different level ranges.

Scholar: Still good, though I feel the Whispering Dawn nerf pretty hard. Expedient is nice for helping your group cover longer distances in between pulls faster and will be a fun utility to kill people with once I have access to more death walls.

Summoner: It took a bit to re-arrange my hotbars for this one but the end result is surprisingly fun to play and it's a real summoner now and not just a DoT mage and it rules.

Next up to level is Gunbreaker and the one-button Gnashing Fang combo is the best thing in the world and really helped clean up my hotbars.