Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Farg posted:

eyyy I'm endwalkin' here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Begemot posted:

Well yeah, but this is for the patches, I don't think we're going to Meracydia immediately. It would be cool if we got some new hard mode dungeons for the MSQ this time, stuff that never got it before.

personal gut feeling is that we'll be doing stuff with Graha/Krile and Estinien since we know they're going to be in the hub cities for at least the first couple content patches

Alternately: this is an anime so make 6.1 the beach episode

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Begemot posted:

I guess you could chalk that up to the high population of reapers who have no idea what they're doing, though :v:

how the hell would someone not understand reaper it's like tank levels of rotation pre-80

e: and I love it

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Terper posted:

Roses are red, I'm not okay

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Professor Beetus posted:

Thanks for the replies. I will assume that I am going to Midgar to be Clouds best friend and if it's anything less I will be disappointed.

Not really a spoiler imo, but I'll tag it all the same:

the zone 5 dungeon is the first time I felt compelled to use the Trust system

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I just finished Zone 5 :tviv:
Game's so good.

Professor Beetus posted:

As someone whose trying to make it to zones 5 and 6 without spoilers due to how I see goons hyping it up, can anyone tell me without spoilers why it's so :holkyfuck: for people? I feel like based on the goon reactions so far I'm going to go into it with the same kinds of unrealistic expectations that Marvel fans have going into the Spider-Man.

you'll know why when you get there

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Begemot posted:

Weirdly, I've noticed that alliance raids are harder, while 4-man dungeons are easier. I ran Void Ark earlier, and saw phases of those bosses I've never seen before.

I guess you could chalk that up to the high population of reapers who have no idea what they're doing, though :v:

Actually now that you mention it, I got in an Orbonne Monastery two nights ago and it took forever. I just chalked it up to the alliance not knowing the mechanics but it did seem to take extra long for some of the raid bosses to die. I wonder why that seems to take longer but leveling dungeon bosses seem to die easier?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Now that there is an endwalker thread, we can rename the shadowbringers thread to "remember that we once posted"

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Next up to level is Gunbreaker and the one-button Gnashing Fang combo is the best thing in the world and really helped clean up my hotbars.

Just wait for Hypervelocity and Double Down. Gunbreaker feels so good at 90

Harrow fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 10, 2021

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Actually now that you mention it, I got in an Orbonne Monastery two nights ago and it took forever. I just chalked it up to the alliance not knowing the mechanics but it did seem to take extra long for some of the raid bosses to die. I wonder why that seems to take longer but leveling dungeon bosses seem to die easier?

I imagine they erred more on the side of caution for 4-man dungeons due to them typically being required for MSQ progression.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

cheetah7071 posted:

Now that there is an endwalker thread, we can rename the shadowbringers thread to "remember that we once posted"

Yes please!

Almost my time up the queue. I'm at level 87 MSQ and 90 is creeping up on me somethin' fierce.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

cheetah7071 posted:

that would be good

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

cheetah7071 posted:

:emptyquote:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

SirPhoebos posted:

Not really a spoiler imo, but I'll tag it all the same:

the zone 5 dungeon is the first time I felt compelled to use the Trust system

Very much the same here.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Crossposting from the Other thread:

I have some dumb questions about FFXIV on console (PS4/5 namely)

How does it play on a controller? Do you use a separate keyboard or just… forego chatting?

Is it cross platform i.e. can I use my normal PC account and hop back and forth between PS4 and PC at will?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Farg posted:

eyyy I'm endwalkin' here

:same:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ben Nerevarine posted:

How does it play on a controller? Do you use a separate keyboard or just… forego chatting?

Is it cross platform i.e. can I use my normal PC account and hop back and forth between PS4 and PC at will?

It plays extremely well on controller (though some jobs are better than others). When I played exclusively on console I bought a wireless keyboard for when I needed to chat.

It is, in fact, cross platform. You have to buy the game + expansion for each platform, but your character will transfer.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Lots of people like it on controller, wasn't to my taste but I can see the appeal.

You can chat without a keyboard but it's.. slow so you might want to look into one.

You can play the same character on PC and playstation no problem BUT you need to buy the game separately on both platforms.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Thanks for the quick responses! Having to buy it multiple times isn’t ideal but I can understand why that’s the case

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

From the prior thread:

Captain Oblivious posted:

I appreciate that we now know without a shadow of a doubt that Dark Knight as a job is most similar to (86 spoilers sorta) Dancer. Dark Knight and Dancer are the two dynamis using Jobs because they rely upon and/or manipulate emotional states.

I love this, because it was something I already felt was thematically similar about those two jobs. DRK is fueled on your own angst, DNC is fueled on others'; both are taking something negative and using it in beneficial ways. Seeing which NPCs used DRK and DNC as their own jobs was astoundingly gratifying and a beautiful piece of storytelling.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

IcePhoenix posted:

personal gut feeling is that we'll be doing stuff with Graha/Krile and Estinien since we know they're going to be in the hub cities for at least the first couple content patches

Alternately: this is an anime so make 6.1 the beach episode

Split the difference.

We know Corvus got hosed up by the Terminus Beasts, the worst of ANYWHERE, it's also the original Garlean homeland. There's a non-zero chance that both Island Sanctuary will be there and an ongoing plot of 'Where do we house the tiny fraction of Garleans who actually SURVIVED?'

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
From the old thread:

Bruceski posted:

Oh God the music's still here. I get it game, there was a very exciting call to action three hours ago. You can go back to the old music now. I thought finishing the zone would end it. Please, let me botany in peace!

If you're a dirty plugin-user like me, the Orchestrion plugin was updated to allow replacing one song with another, or even to disable a specific song or set of songs from playing entirely. It comes with an option to put the currently playing song in the server info block and/or echo the current song to the chat log on song change.

You might have to let it use song IDs as not all the songs from Endwalker have public names at this point in time.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Just figured out I can play different games in queue, too bad they're not ffxiv. am i right??

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

parasyte posted:

From the old thread:

If you're a dirty plugin-user like me, the Orchestrion plugin was updated to allow replacing one song with another, or even to disable a specific song or set of songs from playing entirely. It comes with an option to put the currently playing song in the server info block and/or echo the current song to the chat log on song change.

You might have to let it use song IDs as not all the songs from Endwalker have public names at this point in time.

links please

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

did they update ffxivlauncher? I remember people were having trouble getting it installed

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I've been playing all afternoon after not being able to play since Sunday. Feels good.

I also managed to eat dinner and get back before being kicked. Great success.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

did they update ffxivlauncher? I remember people were having trouble getting it installed

Yes. The plug-ins are mostly updated as well.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Farg posted:

eyyy I'm endwalkin' here

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Endwalker is good and is a reminder to me that, especially in light of the queue situation, FF14 and its dev team is good despite Square-Enix, not necessarily because of it

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Ha ha ha just unlocked the lvl87 dungeon, kicked out of game. 4,000 queue hah Ha

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Finally, credits.

(I plan to go back later and see if there's a frame with less egregious lens flair, but it's sleep time for me now.)

My biggest disappointment, as a PLD main, was the lack of GLD class NPCs. Maybe I just missed them, but I didn't see a single one in any of the scenes with the other class and job characters or in the background of other shots, like the RDM and SAM NPCs.

On the other hand, the level 89 and level 90 trial boss designs and fights were amazing, the latter in particular. The only reason I only died once on the latter is tank privilege letting me soak the vulns I got from gawking at the presentation. I'm also pretty happy how they wound up handling Zenos. They didn't try to humanize him, just gave you a cool one-on-one fight at max level.

I sure wasn't expecting to turn around on Fandaniel as much as I did, though. That was a nice surprise.

It doesn't really need to be said again, but I'll do it anyways: game good.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I wait an hour and a half to get to under 1000 in the queue. Then it disconnects, but when I try to reconnect the data center doesn't respond. The second try works but by then I'd lost my spot.

That's just... really lovely. :( I can deal with 3001 errors not letting me queue at all but kicking me out of line because of connection issues on their end, while I can't even use my TV for hours because I have to act fast if I get disconnected again, sucks.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I got to Zone 5 yesterday and while it truly is as amazing as everyone says it is I have to say the entire stretch from returning to Thavnair until you get there was like one prolonged panic attack. Jesus Christ.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So would it be fair to say that things will be smoother past the new year? I kinda wanna play this game but I'm not waiting over an hour just keep on playing where I'm at on Shadowbringers

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Calaveron posted:

So would it be fair to say that things will be smoother past the new year? I kinda wanna play this game but I'm not waiting over an hour just keep on playing where I'm at on Shadowbringers

Yeah, probably. I think it might clear up in a week or so tbf but it should definitely be fine by January.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

There's a pretty consistent cycle for every patch, expansions included, where a significant number of people sign back up to play through the MSQ, dither around a little bit after, and then drop the game like a hot rock until the next patch and next MSQ. It might take a week or two, and the holidays will probably skew things more than normal, but it'll have largely normalized by the new year.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

People on Twitter talking about Fort Nite kids being salty as gently caress about ffxiv winning 'Best Ongoing Game', and are saying ffxiv is a flop because of twitch numbers. Wish I had a salty tweet to show but there's your lol for the day

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pandaemonium normal might also see a slight rise back up once people who finished the MSQ come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Zaggitz posted:

I got to Zone 5 yesterday and while it truly is as amazing as everyone says it is I have to say the entire stretch from returning to Thavnair until you get there was like one prolonged panic attack. Jesus Christ.

Yeah I was pretty emotionally exhausted after that and had to take a little break after. It throws a lot of poo poo at you just constantly.