Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't think you get keys yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
Darn, the Steam page says "immediately receive" so I assumed we'd be getting the bonuses now. I'm still working through EW and want that sweet exp for alt jobs.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

SE will absolutely never learn that they need to have some sort of system in place for the burst of activity when a new preorder opens.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think I might be wrong here, actually. I don't super remember previous preorder windows and I can't immediately find definitive information on this.

e: there seems to be some delay in the codes going out on Steam

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

YorexTheMad posted:

Darn, the Steam page says "immediately receive" so I assumed we'd be getting the bonuses now. I'm still working through EW and want that sweet exp for alt jobs.

You should get them relatively soon after purchasing.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, there may be some delay, but anyone that pre-orders will get a code before too long to get the pre-order-specific goodies.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Onean posted:

Yeah, there may be some delay, but anyone that pre-orders will get a code before too long to get the pre-order-specific goodies.

Yes, and its only the preorder minion and earring. Won't get the code for the mount until early access.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Everyone trying to pre-order Dawntrail for PC:

Squeenix Store Servers right now:

I'm picturing some server room somewhere in the US, with a single intern laying in the corner, in the fetal position, sobbing. They're all alone. It's their first day. Their job is to keep the NA Squeenix Store servers running. This is their hazing.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

This is why I just did the pre order on the PS5 end. No muss no fuss.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

FuturePastNow posted:

I'm definitely going to pre-order but I can't think of any good reason to fight their overloaded website on day one. I guess if you're trying to get the physical collector's box, but good luck, I think the Endwalker one sold out within 60 seconds.

Yeah why would I stress about it lol

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah, unless you're trying to get that physical box, you got months. No need to be in the front of the line.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yeah, unless you're trying to get that physical box, you got months. No need to be in the front of the line.

But my Azeyma earring :negative:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

never come between an addict and their fix

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Every second I don't have that earring on is missed XP!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Somewhere out there, somebody has been awaiting the day they could get a Zidane minion to match their Zidane vet rewards outfit and they will perish if they are not the first on their server to have it.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Dawntrail Collector's Box Preorder (Savage)

Duty Complete!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Digital Collector's Edition is sitting in my cart. Site logged me out. Can't log back in.

And now?

The login page is a 404!

Intern got mad and deleted it! :rubby:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Huh, glad to see I made the right choice in waiting then :v:

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

Digital Collector's Edition is sitting in my cart. Site logged me out. Can't log back in.

And now?

The login page is a 404!

Intern got mad and deleted it! :rubby:

Just come back in like a few hours when the rush for physical stuff is over. Digital CE doesn't sell out.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
Live footage from the Square Enix data center:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39j5v8jlndM

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
i wouldn't be bothering but i do want that box. got called to an emergency meeting and came back to find the site still broken, at least i didn't miss it yet

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

one day the big boy editions will have something other than a statue of The Trailer Guy. maybe next time....

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

stormblood had zenos instead of meteor survivor

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Ojjeorago posted:

Every second I don't have that earring on is missed XP!

I just think the new exp earrings are cute but then again I have little to no interest in working on alt jobs I've been avoiding since ARR and that hasn't changed almost 1 decade later now.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
Ordered CE on Steam! It's happening!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

parasyte posted:

heavensward had a regular rear end dragon of no renown

the vanilla CE doesn't even HAVE a statue

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

parasyte posted:

Note Block posted:

heavensward had a regular rear end dragon of no renown

guess which two i own lol

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Meteor hater spotted, someone call the Ardbert linkshell

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I don't even hate the trailer guy, but if I'm gonna spend whatever hundreds of dollars on the big boy box I'd want the statue to be someone I see in the story and not just in the trailer.

I can get why they didn't do it for Endwalker but, I dunno, make it Wuk Lamat or something.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Vitamean posted:

I don't even hate the trailer guy, but if I'm gonna spend whatever hundreds of dollars on the big boy box I'd want the statue to be someone I see in the story and not just in the trailer.

I can get why they didn't do it for Endwalker but, I dunno, make it Wuk Lamat or something.

:yeah:

Also it should've been erenville we don't see enough vieras in figs.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Do you REALLY want to see poor Wuk Lamat subjected to a "Meister Quality" figure, honestly

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Note Block posted:

Do you REALLY want to see poor Wuk Lamat subjected to a "Meister Quality" figure, honestly

I don't trust them with any female character merchandise after that twerking Tifa statue.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Note Block posted:

poo poo, you're right

although honestly the zenos statue from stormblood turned out alright. maybe just make more fully armored ones.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Alder posted:

:yeah:

Also it should've been erenville we don't see enough vieras in figs.

god erenville would have been amazing

even though i got the box i do wish the statue was picto instead of viper but hey. i got the box and i'm gonna love my derplander and the map

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

parasyte posted:

god erenville would have been amazing

even though i got the box i do wish the statue was picto instead of viper but hey. i got the box and i'm gonna love my derplander and the map

They couldn't even pull off Exarch/Ardbert/Emet/Hythodaeus/Venat correctly, leave Erenville alone, we should not wish such a fate upon our boy like that.

Vitamean posted:

poo poo, you're right

although honestly the zenos statue from stormblood turned out alright. maybe just make more fully armored ones.

Yeah the Zenos is... fine. It's not a great figure by any means but because his face and fat booty are completely covered by armor and spikes, he's thankfully not a horrendous failure like the rest. I own ALL of them, including the emote statues. They ALL suck. A LOT.

Note Block fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 26, 2024

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ojjeorago posted:

I don't trust them with any female character merchandise after that twerking Tifa statue.

That wasn't a licensed statue

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
I own the Jack-O' Tifa and she's great actually. Also expensive and at 1/4 scale so she is much, much bigger than anything for FFXIV besides the Dollfie Y'Shotla (which I also own). Sometimes unlicensed products are cool (looking at you, my beloved HMO Morrigan).

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ojjeorago posted:

twerking Tifa statue.

twerking...? why would she be--

Note Block posted:

the Jack-O' Tifa

oh. ohhh.

daisuke's vision strikes again

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
still haven't got my dawntrail cd keys from steam. Mildly concerning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Chip
Jan 4, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

still haven't got my dawntrail cd keys from steam. Mildly concerning.

Square posted an update:

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1772684683169431564

Edit: Restarted Steam and just got mine.

Joe Chip fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 26, 2024