Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Those boots are A+ glam if you like big boots tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Final Fantasy 2077

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I hope the train is actually running on tracks around the zone. One of the first things I did as a new player when I found those railroad tracks in Thanalan was look for the train. Give me train Yoshi-P

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

I hope the train is actually running on tracks around the zone. One of the first things I did as a new player when I found those railroad tracks in Thanalan was look for the train. Give me train Yoshi-P

To paraphrase Marvel Heroes Devs: "You'll never get the train, shitlords"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

GloomMouse posted:

Those boots are A+ glam if you like big boots tho

Oh yeah for sure, I have a pretty much identical set of rebel boots on my main, but I'm thinking of just getting the bucks for it since I don't know how seriously I'll continue playing this character.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Tamba posted:

Speaking of quick ventures: How many do you need to get a retainer to max level? I'm thinking about changing one to SGE since that's the job I play the most now.

Max level being 90, a lot? I did it when I was unemployed and played ff14 like a job and leveling everything, so my concept of time from that period is basically nil. But I enjoy running them 24/7 anyway because I have had all kinds of poo poo like the urban boots drop and it's gotten me expensive mats and glams + dyes and other hard to obtain items. And all the green garbage just gets recycled back to the GC for more ventures, and eventually at max rank dumping turn ins for minion/mount lootboxes. I have ventures in the high triple digits.

Quick venture ultramaxxxing I guess

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Professor Beetus posted:

Oh yeah for sure, I have a pretty much identical set of rebel boots on my main, but I'm thinking of just getting the bucks for it since I don't know how seriously I'll continue playing this character.

Give 'em to your Main, and sell 'em.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kheldarn posted:

Give 'em to your Main, and sell 'em.

Oh yeah, that's a good idea. It'll help me hoard gil to go into the housing fund for a house I will never buy.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

is there a trick to the material containers that your GC sells? do they cycle on a weekly basis or something? cuz in the past month or so I got Abroader Otter like 5 times in a row and now I'm at 3 or 4 times in a row for Ghido which just seems... astronomically improbable

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

God Hole posted:

is there a trick to the material containers that your GC sells? do they cycle on a weekly basis or something? cuz in the past month or so I got Abroader Otter like 5 times in a row and now I'm at 3 or 4 times in a row for Ghido which just seems... astronomically improbable

Just RNG being RNG. I'm pretty sure everything in there isn't equal rarity but I don't think anyone's broken it down.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, it def isn't equal rarity for everything, and I think Ghido and the otters are pretty common drops, so that's just some crappy luck for you.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

it should also one-shot you if it hits you like rival wings

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is there a macro that will let me select the Tank in Duty Support/Trusts (or my Chocobuddy in the field) and cast Synastry on them? I have my Party List sorted so that the Tank is always in Slot 2. I tried doing /target <2> followed by /ac Synastry but nothing happens when I press the macro.

I'm guessing the answer is that it can't be done with anyone but actual players...

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
/ac Synastry <2> is the normal syntax for that kind of thing.

I don't know if targetting birds or trust NPCs is any different.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 29, 2024

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Oh, oh! One more thing: Ashuran Hachigane of Fending. How could I forget the asuran hachigane? That's my other constant glam item. It's a tank hat that strikes a mean metal silhouette and allows your impeccably heroic hair to remain unbound and unscuffed. Best of both worlds.

Baron Earrings are also great.

I share my glamfits on the eorzeacollection website and am on an uploading spree right now. I want to beat Dawntrail to the punch. Once the double-dyes hit, I don't wanna appear old-timey or out of touch by posting old outfits from the bygone one-dye era (antediluvian?) (...ante-dye-luvian?). Heavens forfend! Plus, it gives me the warm gooies when people enjoy my silly poo poo. Check me out here if you are inclined, make my heart go pitter-patter.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I might be a little late to the iconic glams chat but for my tanks I just adore the YoRHa Type-55 Thighboots of Fending:

They're just such a good, versatile thigh high boot.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Rosalind posted:

I might be a little late to the iconic glams chat but for my tanks I just adore the YoRHa Type-55 Thighboots of Fending:

They're just such a good, versatile thigh high boot.

I should go get those, for Fending I only have the breeches (great low-profile pants that don't just look painted on, but there's other options) and the coat (an amazing leather jacket, but chestpieces aren't accessories for looks. If I wear that it's the spotlight.)

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

gay devil posted:

need a rez I got hit by the train again <pos>

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

I didn't think I had a signature glam item, but I do have two pairs of 2B boots—one dyed jet black, one pure white. I don't use them all the time, but I love my big rear end heeled boots.

Brynhildr/Crystal goons: I think we tried to construct a Crystal LS last expansion but it didn't work out? Honestly mostly asking because my husband I are pre-scouting for casual DT savage prog and may need one more person to tag in. Of course, that's like, over 2 months away.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

gay devil posted:

Monks should be able to suplex the train if they use Phantom Rush at the right moment.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I don't remember what it's called, but all of my RDM glams use this feather for the head slot. It's dyed red at the tip, I think it gives a cool illusion of being a big plumed hat without actually being one. Also every single glamour I have for all classes use the PotD crystal pumpkin earring / HoH necklace because I like to show off my gamer skills.

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 29, 2024

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

My primary job has my femroe decked out in as much behemoth themed gear as possible. Mix and matching from different sets to get as many spikes and spines and so on as I can, and all purple. When I can't be in my behemoth kit, I do always mog in the behemoth earring at the least as a reminder of her core identity.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I built a new pc this weekend and now I'm dawntrail ready™️

also I got to play alan wake 2 and dragon's dogma 2 at higher settings which is cool too

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Kheldarn posted:

Is there a macro that will let me select the Tank in Duty Support/Trusts (or my Chocobuddy in the field) and cast Synastry on them? I have my Party List sorted so that the Tank is always in Slot 2. I tried doing /target <2> followed by /ac Synastry but nothing happens when I press the macro.

I'm guessing the answer is that it can't be done with anyone but actual players...

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yeah, if the tank is always 2 for you, then you wanna do what Orcs and Ostriches says. It will work for Duty Support and Trusts since they're just a regular party, but not your chocobuddy. For them you need a separate modifier, <c>, <comp>, <b> or <buddy>. Take your favorite pick, they're all just different ways to target specifically your chocobo companion.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

This worked perfectly for Duty Support, but not for birb. Thanks!

Onean posted:

Yeah, if the tank is always 2 for you, then you wanna do what Orcs and Ostriches says. It will work for Duty Support and Trusts since they're just a regular party, but not your chocobuddy. For them you need a separate modifier, <c>, <comp>, <b> or <buddy>. Take your favorite pick, they're all just different ways to target specifically your chocobo companion.

Oho! That's good to know. Thanks!

However, it leads to another question: Can I have both in the same macro? So, like, it'll look for Party Member 2, and if it can't find them, it'll look for my birb?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
did anyone ever comb through the raw footage of the FFXIV TTRPG playthrough from the live letter and do a writeup on it?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

<tt>
If you have the boss targeted, and the boss has the tank targeted, this will hit the tank.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Kheldarn posted:

This worked perfectly for Duty Support, but not for birb. Thanks!

Oho! That's good to know. Thanks!

However, it leads to another question: Can I have both in the same macro? So, like, it'll look for Party Member 2, and if it can't find them, it'll look for my birb?

I believe that'll work, though I've never tried it myself. You'll want to throw in a line with /merror off so that you don't get hit by a "Target not found," error every time you hit the button.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Onean posted:

I believe that'll work, though I've never tried it myself. You'll want to throw in a line with /merror off so that you don't get hit by a "Target not found," error every time you hit the button.

Oh, to clarify just in case, you'll want to do something like this:
/micon "Synastry"
/merror off
/ac "Synastry" <2>
/ac "Synastry" <b>

Having both targeting modifiers in the same line won't work, it needs separate ones.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Countblanc posted:

I don't remember what it's called, but all of my RDM glams use this feather for the head slot. It's dyed red at the tip, I think it gives a cool illusion of being a big plumed hat without actually being one. Also every single glamour I have for all classes use the PotD crystal pumpkin earring / HoH necklace because I like to show off my gamer skills.

That's the Platinum Circlet of Casting. I use that and the Friendship Circlet from Recruit a Friend a lot.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Onean posted:

/micon "Synastry"
/merror off
/ac "Synastry" <2>
/ac "Synastry" <b>

Having both targeting modifiers in the same line won't work, it needs separate ones.

Note that this will only heal your bird if no one else is in the party as it targets in order.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tamba posted:

<tt>
If you have the boss targeted, and the boss has the tank targeted, this will hit the tank.

Neat! That'll make things easier. My fingers like to get confused in combat, and forget what buttons I'm telling them to press. Not having to hit T, use the macro, then T again will be VERY helpful!

Onean posted:

Onean posted:

/micon "Synastry"
/merror off
/ac "Synastry" <2>
/ac "Synastry" <b>

Right. Next question: Will /merror off turn the error messages off just for this macro, or all macros? When I'm messing around trying to make one, I like to see what the errors are, so I can try to fix it. If this turns it off for all macros, I'll need to add a /merror on at the end, otherwise the next time I make a macro that doesn't work, I'll be wondering why, and won't remember that I turned error messages off.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Note that this will only heal your bird if no one else is in the party as it targets in order.

I recently discovered that. I have a 2nd HUD set up with Job Change macros, and any time I changed to a Tank, I noticed that it seemed to take awhile for my standard HUD to appear. I looked at the Tank macros compared to non-Tank ones, and it seemed to me that the cause was turning on Tank Stance. I changed the line order to make it Change Job > Set Title > Summon Minion > Change HUD > Activate Tank Stance and everything went like I expected it to.

Thanks for all the macro advice, everyone!

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
No, /merror off will only turn off errors for that macro, not in general.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The solo only guy finally got past the last dungeon in 3.0 only to completely first try the final trial after that :lol:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Didn't they rework the 3.0 final dungeon recently?

And Thorden is still Thorden

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

They reworked it as part of the trust initiative but I think heavensward content was last year so not really recently.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Feldegast42 posted:

The solo only guy finally got past the last dungeon in 3.0 only to completely first try the final trial after that :lol:

lol

I've fallen behind on watching his streams, but his latest non-stream video covering the hell that was clearing Bismark was great. I'll have to check out that Thordan stream later today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6xDaRddVQ

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Really enjoying how easy it is to get relics this expansion. I got RDM, WAR and SGE done so far.

That said, it can be a bit of a pain if you exhaust all of your roulettes and still want to work towards one, the options for farming causality feel a little ehh, but I suppose that's how it's been for a lot of relic doohickeys.

Still wish comedy past the weekly cap would convert to causality though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I think my WAR journey might just end right now since I hit lvl 50 and now I can do the old dungeons and woo boy do I not want to replay them again.

It was good...I now experienced all 4 tanks and 3 healers.