Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

sorry yall I finished the msq on Monday but I'm still taking up precious server space cause I gotta blast all these gatherers and crafters to 90

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Back in Shadowbringers there was a meme going around that was the "2 wolves laughing at another wolf" meme but with (not a spoiler by now but eh) Hythlo, Emet and Azem's masks drawn on. Does anybody have that saved by any chance? Haven't been able to find it since.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Are beast tribes not available at launch?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
nope! They're generally added in patches.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Macaluso posted:

Are beast tribes not available at launch?

First one will probably be in 6.1

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tim Rogers is starting Final Fantasy 14...

https://twitch.tv/actionbutton

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Isn't character creation locked everywhere right now?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh wow he is just on all the time, huh

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Queued up for the final boss now and drat this expansion is sick as hell.

I appreciate that the dialogue choices in response to Zenos showing up were "gently caress Off" and "Fine but also gently caress Off".

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Back in Shadowbringers there was a meme going around that was the "2 wolves laughing at another wolf" meme but with (not a spoiler by now but eh) Hythlo, Emet and Azem's masks drawn on. Does anybody have that saved by any chance? Haven't been able to find it since.

Sadly no but I can offer this instead.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh wow he is just on all the time, huh

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im getting pissed off at this DCing you and then not giving you priority. Essentially fucks up the rest of the evening.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Arist posted:

Isn't character creation locked everywhere right now?

He was able to access the character creator and since he has been reading all the race lore descriptions in full and taking ten minutes for every step of the creator he will probably be done before he even runs into the server lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I really wonder why some people lose their spot in queue more easily than others. I get plenty of 2002s, but even after taking literally more than 10 attempts to reconnect I've never lost any progress, I would have a meltdown if I did.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Judging by his questions he's been asking chat I don't think Tim has any idea what he's in for lmao

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Martman posted:

I really wonder why some people lose their spot in queue more easily than others. I get plenty of 2002s, but even after taking literally more than 10 attempts to reconnect I've never lost any progress, I would have a meltdown if I did.

I don't normally lose my place, but I did twice tonight. First time I lost 2k position, second time I lost 1k.

The rest of my 2002s tonight saved my spot. But I've had more 2002s tonight than at any point so far.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I've managed to make a little headway and I'm now just past the level 83 dungeon, which I want to run many times for the cool gear.

However, having done every sidequest as it comes up along the MSQ on the same job, along with enough FATEs to at least unlock the riding maps in the three zones I've explored so far, my chosen main is already level 86. If I were to try and farm a complete set of gear from Dungeon 2, I'd probably hit 90 or pretty close to it.

I want a clean map this time, no matter how long it takes me to get to the end because of it. I'm in no rush. But I'm still surprised at how quickly I've leveled up so far.

How's crafting this time? I haven't spent much time on that yet. I feel like there are way more people crafting in Sharlayan than there were in the Crystarium for this early into the expansion but I may be misremembering the early days of Shadowbringers. They really made efforts to make crafting a lot easier later in Shadowbringers, though, so that may also be a part of it.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I was able to get in last night with a 5000 person queue in about two hours, no disconnects.

So far tonight I've gotten 2002'ed twice and gotten bumped back to the end of the line. Third time will be the cue for going back to FFV, an early bedtime, and trying again in the morning.

From the limited play time I've gotten so far I'm torn between leveling up SGE and pushing through the MSQ on RDM.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

HackensackBackpack posted:

How's crafting this time? I haven't spent much time on that yet. I feel like there are way more people crafting in Sharlayan than there were in the Crystarium for this early into the expansion but I may be misremembering the early days of Shadowbringers. They really made efforts to make crafting a lot easier later in Shadowbringers, though, so that may also be a part of it.

Seems similar to ShB so far. With ilvl 500 MHs and reasonable overmelds on ilvl 490 OHs/gear, I leveled all crafters to 90 with maybe 60 leves left. Used only two macros. Didn't botch any syntheses. Leveling gatherers was even easier. Didn't have to upgrade any gear on the way to 90. Would recommend food and Survival/Engineering Manuals.

The Studium crafting/gathering quests are virtually identical to the Crystalline Mean content. Biggest challenge was getting the non-gatherable mats, which was time-consuming more than anything. Just like in ShB, FATE Gemstones are the way (or at least one way).

Folklore books aren't too bad; IIRC there's 9 total @ 1600 White Seals each. You get a ton of Seals thru the Studium quests.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

People on Twitter talking about Fort Nite kids being salty as gently caress about ffxiv winning 'Best Ongoing Game', and are saying ffxiv is a flop because of twitch numbers. Wish I had a salty tweet to show but there's your lol for the day

I want a Floss Dance emote in FFXIV just so I can gif it and post it at these salty kids.

isk fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Dec 11, 2021

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

FSH is so insanely easy to level and I even forgot to use Survival Guides because I'm an idiot. Between Thaliak's Favor and Hi-Cordials its impossible to run out of GP for Patience II and "Large Fish" give about as much as an MSQ quest gives a combat class assuming you have rested exp. I actually gained 3 levels just fishing for the collectables for the first studium turn in because god drat it they would not bite. I haven't quite gotten it to 90 yet, I just hit 89 and tried some Starfishing. If BTN and MIN are this easy as well I'll be thrilled.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I was able to get in last night with a 5000 person queue in about two hours, no disconnects.

So far tonight I've gotten 2002'ed twice and gotten bumped back to the end of the line. Third time will be the cue for going back to FFV, an early bedtime, and trying again in the morning.

From the limited play time I've gotten so far I'm torn between leveling up SGE and pushing through the MSQ on RDM.

I jumped into the queue as soon as I got home form work tonight (~8:30pm EST), and after 2 hours of multiple 2002s I have just cracked 2000 in the queue.

Only being able to log in during prime time is really making me think its better to just cancel my sub until like March when I assume the vast majority of people have burned through all available content and are taking breaks. Im sure the game is the best its ever been, I just cant justify the monthly sub and not being able to actually play it at the moment. :(

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Red mage for sure, the improvements it got are just amazing. Those gems for your combo not having a timer is just pretty great just to start.

In general it feels like for endwalker casters made out like bandits this time.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I hate the new scorch sound effect, kind of drives me away, stupid as that is.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

I jumped into the queue as soon as I got home form work tonight (~8:30pm EST), and after 2 hours of multiple 2002s I have just cracked 2000 in the queue.

Only being able to log in during prime time is really making me think its better to just cancel my sub until like March when I assume the vast majority of people have burned through all available content and are taking breaks. Im sure the game is the best its ever been, I just cant justify the monthly sub and not being able to actually play it at the moment. :(

They'll probably continue to hand out free days until the traffic gets down to acceptable (re: not constantly hammering the login server like a hurricane) levels. The FFXIV team's been in this situation a couple of times before, and they know well by now to not take peoples' goodwill for granted, especially after they already burned a bunch of it with the 2-week delay.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I can't think of any complaints with EW blm. Just by virtue of making Enochian a trait allows just a little bit more concentration elsewhere, and two triple flaires makes mobility so much better too!

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I never thought Holy Sheltron and Improved Intervene would feel so good, but those two skills make Paladin feel great at 82. Can't wait to some day actually be able to log in and play this game. My Starlink kicks me out every few hours, which doesn't really work well with multi-hour queues. I can get online in the mornings but afternoons onward are a complete crapshoot.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I can't think of any complaints with EW blm. Just by virtue of making Enochian a trait allows just a little bit more concentration elsewhere, and two triple flaires makes mobility so much better too!

my only complaint is that High Fire II did not replace Fire IV, because it looks much cooler

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

State of Warrior in Endwalker: I have become That rear end in a top hat Who Solos the Last 30% over Ten Minutes Instead of Just Wiping.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Queued up for the final boss now and drat this expansion is sick as hell.

I appreciate that the dialogue choices in response to Zenos showing up were "gently caress Off" and "Fine but also gently caress Off".

(ending spoiler) the most important dialogue choice is actually "hell yeah dude" followed by the most poo poo-eating smirk, like so:

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Thundarr posted:

I wait an hour and a half to get to under 1000 in the queue. Then it disconnects, but when I try to reconnect the data center doesn't respond. The second try works but by then I'd lost my spot.

That's just... really lovely. :( I can deal with 3001 errors not letting me queue at all but kicking me out of line because of connection issues on their end, while I can't even use my TV for hours because I have to act fast if I get disconnected again, sucks.

Spent probably 20 hours in queue in the last week because of this. Like 5 hours per attempt.

Raelle
Jan 15, 2008

Even I...
Level 87 Dungeon Trust: Ancients confirmed broken. I queued in as a healer, then did literally nothing except make sure I personally didn't die, and we cleared the dungeon easily. All three of them have full-health instant raises, and Venat is packing a full-party full-health heal. Emet-Selch, of course, complains loudly if he has to raise someone.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Anyone have any suggestions for Endwalker alternatives until they sort out the queue issues? I was looking at meth or synthetic heroin?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Im enjoying the hell out of the MSQ, but I’m also excited to finish so I can focus on DoH/L

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Chocobo posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for Endwalker alternatives until they sort out the queue issues? I was looking at meth or synthetic heroin?

Nioh 2

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Chocobo posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy won Best Narrative at The Game Awards, and I don't disagree with it. Markedly different game than Avengers; think Uncharted in space with more character growth

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

:yeah:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Eimi posted:

I hate the new scorch sound effect, kind of drives me away, stupid as that is.

So I'm not going crazy. I thought some spells got new effects.

parara
Apr 9, 2010
I hated every melee dps in this game until reaper came along. Please god help, I’m finally switching off my AST main after years.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Chocobo posted:

Disco Elysium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Chocobo posted:

My queue game is Final Fantasy 7: The First Soldier, the final fantasy 7 battle royale.