Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

My queue at 8:15am pst was instant... the world is healing?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also to not lose the AST discussion from last thread

hmm i suppose i should put more time into it but i would have to actually go and read all the buttons again which... i dunno maybe i just make sge my main lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I spent about $40 total for about two meals' worth of food, plus the emote

More expensive than Butterfinger by far, clearly this is their prestige title now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Tim Rogers is starting Final Fantasy 14...

https://twitch.tv/actionbutton

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Arist posted:

Isn't character creation locked everywhere right now?

He was able to access the character creator and since he has been reading all the race lore descriptions in full and taking ten minutes for every step of the creator he will probably be done before he even runs into the server lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Chocobo posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for Endwalker alternatives until they sort out the queue issues? I was looking at meth or synthetic heroin?

name-post combo...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

acumen posted:

It prompted me for my registration key so I put it in. This was causing problems?

lol i was trying to log on immediately after waking up and almost attached the endwalker key to the wrong service account

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I decided to check on SMN and lol yeah this is a start over from scratch deal

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Bozja, you love to see it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

89 dungeon: man, really went through the wringer in every way possible

I know some folks say to do this and the trial with Trusts (just catching my breath before trusting the trial because it feels like I have to) but the experience with other players for the dungeon ended up being epic in its own right.

It's like the game knew I was going to do this tonight because earlier in roulettes I got both Castrum and Syrcus tower lol. So I enjoyed the callback to Livia... and then all the fallen friends... I had to Pay my Respects to all of them.

But it was the final fight that really went into overdrive. The healer and DPS died at like 75% HP because we didn't know that "Right" meant his right, lol. But the tank wanted to keep going so we did, and I learned the fight pretty quickly. Because of Syrcus Tower when he started casting Curtain Call I was like "This is Unix... I know this!" Except I was waiting for a pillar to hide behind and there was nothing as the castbar kept going up...

When Shiva/Ysayle started circling around the arena I legit started tearing up goddamn.

I could have done without the Asahi stuff afterward though lol, a bit anticlimactic

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

GOTY

Edit: also after the 88msq cutscene this is now obviously canon, they're coming along for the trip

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Dec 12, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

One thing I've noticed is missing from the English translation (probably because it'd sound kind of funny if translated literally) is that Estinien constantly refers to the WoL as "partner" (like almost every time he speaks to you).

Ah the "Yosuke"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Theris posted:

You have to be a Captain, though, which means you have to do command missions. :smith:

I friggin did Toto-Rak for this promotion, legitimately the greatest hardship I've faced with the game in the past week

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Vermain posted:

There's only a few extreme edge cases

Always look outside the arena for the tell

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

I finished up to the first dungeon.

They have some serious chutzpah making Fandaniel's real identity Amon.

A boss from a raid years ago.

And not even the MAIN boss.

AND NOT EVEN FROM THE LAST RAID.

I recommend playing that raid sometime while you're going through the MSQ

vhweltall posted:

I dunno, I say things about my significant other that aren’t true when I’m pissed off. It’s still a valid exercise.

uh what

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That boss is pretty iconic in the series history

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

jimmydalad posted:

So I understand why they are releasing the Island Sanctuary. After all the poo poo he's been through, my WOL really wants a place to just gently caress off and not be disturbed for once.

I am all for 5 patches of minor vignettes and stuff related to the Island Sanctuary a la "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat: Evil in Small Doses" and then 7.0 is a completely fresh start narratively coming back from vacation

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Kongming posted:

I didn't get the frog mech mount from the ShB FATE until just last month so I'll probably get the the EW one in two years time.

I explicitly set out to do this today since it was scheduled to fire sometime but I got logged out and when I got through the queue a second time it was already gone :negative:

SirPhoebos posted:

To broach a more general topic: when making dialogue choices, how many here treat the WoL as a character in their own right instead of an extension of yourself? Because there have been points where I passed over what might have been a funnier or spicier dialogue option simply because I couldn't envision my WoL saying it for whatever reason

MSQ is Serious Business and Heroism, everything else I go for comedy when presented the option

Exception: ...Kupo?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Thundarr posted:

Probably a dumb question, but since shield healing is the thing I've done the least: there's no point trying to keep E.Diagnosis up on the tank at all times right? Just when they're gathering trash or for a tank buster if Haima isn't available for some reason?

Yeah what is the use case for Toxikon anyway? By the numbers it looks like 1 GCD for E.Diagnosis + 1 GCD for Toxikon will do less damage than 2 GCDs of Dyskrasia, so you'd wouldn't want to E.Diagnosis simply for Addersting. Is it just to keep uptime against packs of mobs when you have to move out of PBAoE range and Phlegma is on cooldown?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

The scene after the 89 dungeon where Asahi got some limelight kinda felt like he got treated with more respect than he deserved imo

I thought that moment was rather anticlimactic after what had just come before lol, almost comedic

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have not even opened Miner since the expansion started and I am already level 81 in it by literally just turning in whatever loose minerals I have in my inventory whenever they're the request of the day, maybe i'll just passively level that lol

For some reason I have a lot of miner stuff but not botanist.... I guess these are all from the time I was getting zonureskin maps and they were in mining nodes...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wrestlepig posted:

this is good advice, I'd also reccomend not using mount roulette because while funny, it feels off if you get out your namazu mikoshi.

I did the entire MSQ with my Jibanyan Couch

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

My lens flare went wild for the screenshot

Prefer these ones

Thank you Yoship.... and "Creative Business Unit III"... what an achievement

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also I guess now I should probably do something about these coffers, i guess

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

TTBF posted:

I've been doing Zadnor to level up alt jobs to 90 and it's been packed but only in zone 3. And no one is doing Dalraida.

Unlocking but not actually leveling Zadnor has been one of my biggest oversights in 6.0 prep, on par with not dealing with my belt inventory

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Thundarr posted:

My queue was only 1300 instead of 3200. The planet is healing.

I got logged out because I failed my real-life timed duty to get to and back from the store in under 30 minutes, now sitting in a queue whose number has updated once in the past 20 minutes from 2300 to 1900

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Maybe I should get into Christian rock...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is this Christian Rock

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

theironjef posted:

So is the Bozjan Front a place where I need to be grouping up? Because I've never understood it. I queue for the front, then it's just a big flat plain of scattered enemies and a few players milling around in the base not doing anything. What's the goal?

FATEs spawn, completing these get you normal XP and "Mettle" (Bozja XP) while setting up Critical Engagements which get you even more XP.

The areas are gated by your Resistance Rank which is raised by earning Mettle. Each map has 3 areas and a large-scale duty at the end of them, there is also a standalone alliance raid in between the two maps.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Get sidetracked and just hang out in Gangos for vibes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A70LWm3qSZo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also if you feel like "vibes are off" when doing stuff in there keep in mind it's balanced for you to feel relatively weak on your own, so not only should you group up, but you should "appraise fragments" to unlock consumable Bozja abilities that do stuff like double your damage or self-heal

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

gently caress I hate that this "Christian rock" meme is stuck in my head, i went back to the relevant zone and now I can only hear it

And yet our hope remains
Guiding, lighting the way

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 16, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Seeing names from the FC logging out en masse is bringing MSQ flashbacks...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If I get logged out... remember us...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

That is kind of frightening.

In the chat the logouts are coming in waves, it makes sense if this was based on an error that is catching up to people based on when they exited the login queue... it makes it all the more uncanny

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Fuckin life imitating art, this is hitting too close to home

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jeez I can't even begin to imagine being in charge of two projects with that massive scope at the same time

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

central dogma posted:

^^ The Christian rock power ballad was just the icing on the cake!

ever since i read that post I've been like Meteion with the curse of knowledge, thinking to myself "no, they mustn't know", i legitimately hate this

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Cleaned zone 1 of sidequests, lol that in one of them you learn what happened to Tataru's carbuncle

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Personally I'm hoping for a STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN crossover event next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I heard everyone has been camping for mounts so I thought I would get in on the action