Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I've been playing all afternoon after not being able to play since Sunday. Feels good.

I also managed to eat dinner and get back before being kicked. Great success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I'm about to start Endwalker and a friend mentioned that completing all the role quests gives a different ending. Is that true?

He also spoiled the we fight Hydaelyn so he may just be a poo poo.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Ok. Hes just being a poo poo then. He also told me that 11 weeks of Doman Enclave donations unlocks Bozja...

I checked on that one myself before committing to that much work.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
This does call into question something else he spoiled. He said that the reason we're immune to tempering is that Hydaelyn has already tempered us. I though it was because of the Echo which predates Hydaelyn based on what Elidibus said?

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Ibblebibble posted:

Your friend sounds like a fun guy.

He's just a bit of an idiot. Once he decides something is true nothing can change his mind. No matter how stupid it is or how much you can prove its wrong. I guarantee if I unlock Bozja without doing the Doman Enclave his head will explode.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Your friend is definitely being an rear end in a top hat and a weirdo and full of poo poo on this one. There is questions about the possibility both in ARR and ShB itself. But ShB does state that all Ancients had the Echo and it conveys a resistance to Tempering style effects (corruption of Aether towards a specific element or alignment).

That's what I thought. He spoiled it a long time ago before I got to Shadowbringers. I kept waiting and waiting and waiting for the reveal then I got that part that explains it and just went. ...well gently caress.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
So I usually tank in MMO's and one of the things that really annoys me is people running ahead and pulling stuff/being pushy or rude/don't wait for the healer/go faster type stuff. My general policy is if someone pulls before me they're tanking it. Can I get reported for that?

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Nvm. Not sure if tagged spoilers are allowed in here. Better safe than sorry.

Travic fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 9, 2022

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

ImpAtom posted:

Tagged spoilers are allowed in here. There is a dedicated spoiler thread but I can't recommend going in there until you've finished the MSQ.

Ok I wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying.

I just finished the first trial and was blown away that Zodiark has been holding The Final Days back this entire time

:edit:And now I'm underground in a world ship crewed by rabbits and the combat music is midi retro Final Fantasy music. Is this a fever dream?

Travic fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 9, 2022

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Onean posted:

So I just went a bit overboard in the New/Trial thread and did a big post about Clan Hunts. I was mostly looking into the XP rewards, and found that they're actually pretty decent, being around 23-33% of a level depending on when you do them. Most notably for why I'm mentioning it here, is in Endwalker:

I'm glad I found that out now, as I'm about to seriously get into leveling my Jobs instead of the two I did with the MSQ and side quests.

Do hunt trains do old expansion stuff? I'd like to do some Shadowbringers hunts, but I doubt I'm powerful enough to handle the higher tier elites.

Also as someone who hasn't done any hunts do you fly around the map hunting for them by sight alone or is there something like the aether compass for them?

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Onean posted:

I can't speak for other data centers, but the Crystal Hunt Discord currently does Hunt Trains for StB, ShB and EW. I'd expect the other data centers do at least EW and ShB, if not StB as well.

For the solo Hunts, the daily Bills tell you the general area you'll find the targets (you can click on the little arrow in the left of the display to open a map directly to that area), but not exact coordinates so you might have to poke around a little bit until you can remember yourself. The weekly Elite Marks only tell you which zone, but once you get near your target you'll get an indicator that says something like, "You sense a powerful mark nearby to the Northeast." There's no sound and it's the dark gray with white text indicator that pops up in the center of your screen, so it can be easy to miss. It will also show up in your regular chat log, though, so if you look away for something you can just check that to see if you missed it.

Ah very cool. Thanks.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

No Dignity posted:

Getting a Dark Knight as a tank is fun right now though, basically unlocks savage difficulty on chain pulls

Yeah its rough. I'm thinking of switching jobs to Warrior or Gunbreaker.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Kyrosiris posted:

- Finish Ivalice raids so you can start accessing Bozja content at all, as well as the 5.0 MSQ
- Start the quest Hail to the Queen in Kugane, which is the starter to all the BSF questlines, the Shadowbringers relic, etc.
- Proceed into the Bozjan Southern Front, gaining Mettle by completing skirmishes and critical engagements. While inside, follow the quests that are offered to you too.
- Get to mettle rank 10 (later sub-areas of BSF give more mettle), and complete Castrum Licus Latore (essentially a super-CE). As described, you may need to get a group together externally, as CLL is not as lucrative as it once was and is not usually populated when it does pop.
- Complete Delubrum Reginae afterwards. This will allow you to unlock Zadnor.
- Get to mettle rank 25 in Zadnor. The mettle gains here are significantly higher than BSF. You may have issues with player population until you get to the third sub-zone, so again, finding some friends can help a lot.
- Complete the Dalriada. As before, getting friends together can help due to unattractiveness to the general populace.
- Platinum coins are now available and can drop from CEs in Zadnor, the Dalriada, etc.

What would you say is the minimum number of people to do CLL normally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Arist posted:

Pretty sure I saw people saying a party of three cleared it the other day, but they probably had good Lost Actions at least.

ImpAtom posted:

8 seems to be a safe bet with Las.

Zack Ater posted:

"normally" would be like 24-48 people. I think at 16 is where echo kicks in, so depending on what you mean by normally I guess that might be the minimum? I've trio'd both CLL and Dal, including soloing one side of split party bosses, as both MCH and RDM with beast essence. Taking some lost cures would make up for the lack of an essence, but it'll be much rougher if you don't already know mechanics. Low player echo gets ridiculous though.

Ok. I was just curious since I tried it the other day with a random group of 14 and couldn't do it.