Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Unfortunately, it means your character had a Star Trek-style teleporter malfunction and is now merged with someone else's character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The one unfortunate thing about coming into a game this late is that I'm missing, like, nine years of memes and in-jokes

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You should be able to hotswap jobs but the party composition has to stay the same. Like if you swap from healer to DPS another DPS player is automatically changed to a healer. Do they not have any levelled healer jobs? They're a White Mage now and they'll learn what the buttons do the hard way.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I figure they lost time frantically gluing servers back together

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Also I think all the other Excalibur FCs are full.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Zinkraptor posted:

Eorzea Mahjong Club sure isn't! It's the least populated FC, but as someone who is used to smaller guilds that's not necessarily a bad thing.

No, wait, you're right, EMC is the one I'm in, I should know this.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

bi crimes posted:

What buffs does EMC usually keep up? I'm leveling all of my combat jobs up to 90, and my eye twitches every time heat of battle isn't up, which is all of the time in my current fc

EMC usually has Reduced Rates and Meat & Mead.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's Heavensward for the smooth jazz library dungeon.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm a Monk and I like it a lot, but I almost never see other monks when I'm out and about. I'm often the only Monk in an Alliance Raid. I don't mind all that much, very low competition for Striking Gear.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The one real disadvantage of Monk is that it's not particularly flashy, everyone else is vomiting Easter egg bombs and particle effects and you're just punching and/or kicking.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Apparently the best Monk weapon glam was the Makai Fists but it sounds like they aren't available anymore.

E: Monk LB3 should be a suplex.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 17, 2022

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Zoom out and look up, you have to see the top of the enemy where the nameplate is. That's what was giving me so much trouble for the first month.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Does PvP come with a tutorial or do I just hammer "Frontline" in the Duty Finder and start smacking anything I can target?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Miqo'te ears are actually razor-sharp and cut through the hats on their own.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Female Roegadyn also have excellent emotes.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I promise you they are, that person was me.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Zeruel posted:

So do we know what it is going to be? I imagined at the very least it was going to be an instanced... estate? i guess.

It's a place where your minions all roam free and now they have Tamagotchi mini-games, and if they're well treated they evolve into rare sparkly versions and if you forget to feed them they die forever and you have to go get another one. One of them only eats mount whistles.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Dating will require you to master culinarian because a home-cooked meal is the only thing that will entice your paramour(s).

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Il level 89 and I'm halfway through Shadowbringers. I should probably start another class...

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Every property you own should make the activity timer tick faster.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I turned battle effects to limited the first time I did an Alliance Raid and never turned them back on

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm not good at PVP by any measure but sometimes the stars align, and the feeling of rushing people down and piledriving them never gets old.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Bind it to L3

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I will comm someone if I recognize their name on the comm screen. So either they did something cool or had cool glams or were the friendliest in chat, or they were the only other option because in the time it took me to watch the cutscene everyone else bailed.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I seem to recall a few early Ul'dah quests where I'm sent to smack someone down, and it turned out their great crime was mining... without the permission of the Syndicate. I figure every time I kill a Primal one of my previous sins is deleted from public memory.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Alphinaud, but he blames Alisie

Hien.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Nah, the backs of books these days are all context-less snips of reviews so vague you can't even tell what genre you're reading. "A jaunty [...] read!" (5/5 stars, Some Guy's Blog)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Frontline gives 1000/500 wolf marks depending on whether you win or lose, Crystal Conflict is 500/250. Frontline matches are usually more than twice as long as a CC match so I'd say hit the daily Frontline Roulette for the bonus and then CC until you have the marks you need.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I maintain that Monks should be allowed to have a different weapon glam in each hand

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I try to let Frontline roll over my but there's always the inevitable situation where you have a strong point advantage, the big pentagon ovoo thing pops, and then all three teams just mush into a bloodbath and you lose all your points just by how many loving times your team dies. Meanwhile someone is always /shouting things that are either unhelpful, or incorrect.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Vargs posted:

It still doesn't, really. You're going to win 33% of the time. To get 10 wins you need to queue 30 times, give or take a couple. My FL stats consistently stay at almost exactly 33/33/33.

You'd think so, but I'm at 53 Frontline games and 1st/2nd/3rd are 11/13/29.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 20, 2022

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Just make the bahamut match the team colour.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Carbuncles are there to follow you and be cute I think

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Hunt log, job quests, leves, FATEs, Duty Support, Command Missions, throw in a friendship hat, FC actions, food bonuses, you can get an awful lot of levelling done very quickly.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I have a level 52 Warrior and I have yet to tank with another human being

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm a naturally nervous person. Also my only other experience with multiplayer games is TF2 where mostly what I did was disappoint people.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Other players assume I'm competent now. It scares me.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I always try to comm people but I can be a little slow at it so while I try to give to someone who did something cool I usually give it to whoever hasn't already scooted.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I started fishing and at this rate I'm going to have to get a third retainer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Regalingualius posted:

Any recommendations for the best quickly soloable dungeons to grind up a ton of GC seals for the ARR relic in a jiffy?

If I'm going for seals I generally hit the roulettes so I can mulch tomestone gear while I'm at it.