Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

parasyte posted:

From the old thread:

If you're a dirty plugin-user like me, the Orchestrion plugin was updated to allow replacing one song with another, or even to disable a specific song or set of songs from playing entirely. It comes with an option to put the currently playing song in the server info block and/or echo the current song to the chat log on song change.

You might have to let it use song IDs as not all the songs from Endwalker have public names at this point in time.

links please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Sinteres posted:

Kind of related to that, is anyone planning on actually quitting the game now that the core story is over? I'm sure a lot of people have a 'wait and see' attitude to it, but does anyone actually feel like yeah that was a satisfying capstone to my experience with this game and I think that's a good time to check out? I'm not, but I could understand the impulse.

I'm generally of the opinion that tab targeting/gcd based mmo combat is pretty well tired and done for me, and because the game is restricted to 2d, that puts a hard limit on what they can do with the 'don't stand in the fire mechanics' when coupled with the general inflexibility of the engine as a whole to do other interesting interactive bits.

Which is a long nerdy way of saying while I adore FFXIV, the world, the story, the music, the callbacks, the characters, I'm entirely satisfied with what they built from 2.0 to 6.0, so if 6.1+ to 7 shows a route I'm not engaged with, I could see potentially checking out.

The gameplay is absolutely not what keeps me playing. Every dungeon in the game is 'gather trash, aoe' and then some mix of don't stand in the fire (or do, because it barely matters in non ex/savage content in many cases) and push buttons in something approximating a rotation (or just push buttons, because again, barely matters in most content).

I am *extremely* excited for FF16 and potentially FF17. I could see them going down some kind of pseudo-MP monster-hunter style multiplayer, rather than a pure MMO in the future, and I would be 110% onboard with that kind of action. Modern gameplay, modern graphics, mixed with all the other strengths they've built as a team in the years since 14 2.0 and 15's mess, with some elements of multiplayer but without the monstrous logistical and technical burden that creating an MMO causes (though that said if they announce a new one I'm totally down with that too :v:)

Really I think the franchise was in a messy state for a decade+, so I'm pretty excited to see what they can do with firmer footing and a stronger hand at the helm.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

AMD cards specifically have a crash bug with dx11 apps and multi monitor

change to dx9 or disable other monitors