Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I wonder if Square Enix has asked ActiBlizzard if they can borrow some servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

orcane posted:

Like everything else in the game, access to expansions is heavily MSQ-gated - you won't even be able to use map transitions if your MSQ progress didn't unlock them, even if you can get to them somehow. Obviously ferries and other NPCs who will move you to new expansion zones just won't work, but even if you reach a transition you're not supposed to use yet (like the bridge to Radz-at-Han before you get officially invited in the 85 MSQ or thereabouts, or even the various islands with access to Ishgard/Foundation in the Sea of Clouds before you return and get to unlock flying) the game will just kick you back out to where you came from.

I once caught a ride on a multi-seat mount to a town I wasn't supposed to have access to yet, and none of the NPCs loaded in. So yeah, the game seems pretty intent about not letting you jump ahead in any way.