Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Really dumb question -- what the hell are IX materia for? Why wouldn't you always just choose X materia?

Also the general guideline for materia seems to be crit then direct hit then determination, unless you want spell speed for something (i.e. BLM)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

What's the easiest way to level gathering jobs? Just Diadem?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

The first 10 minutes of the live letter will be YoshiP crying

I mean what did they expect

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

apparently you can actually 3 man the alliance series

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

:hmmyes:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

If you let the fash have symbols sooner or later the fash will have every symbol, because they are never going to loving stop with their antics. If you give them an inch they will take the whole mile and still call you a beta cuck groomer at the end of it. I'm glad pepe is being reclaimed.

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 4, 2023

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Awesome OClock posted:

Recently started messing with blue mage. Is anyone aware of decent communities for blu?

Third Party Tools has been running a BLU group (blus cruise) on fridays if you are interested.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Awesome OClock posted:

Yes, actually. I'm in pbc, not sure if you've got something on the discord.

Its in our discord:

https://discord.gg/coffinlid

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Personally, I think (Endwalker) that we have an entire thread for this and this page looks like a CIA document

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I'm glad she at least got a little time in the spotlight during the Doma set role quest

They retired her character in speaking roles due to her voice actress getting murdered, right?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

I still love that the one time he gets an in-game model, it's Varis with a Ramuh beard bolted on

Wait what cutscene was that? Sometime in 2.x?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Aymeric was never bad but initially he is portrayed as kind of a shady politician with his own aims

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Darkness, darkness, froth and foam!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Most RP advertised in 14 on party finder or over chat is explicit which is the issue. I've found some fun little cafes and bars but I had to search kind of hard for them

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

I'm glad active cast Enochian is dead and in hell now.

Not empty quoting

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Dareon posted:

I NEVER LEVELED WARRIOOOOOOOOOR

Imagine if you missed

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

The stat system probably needs to be overhauled but literally nobody needs to care unless they do savage / ultimates so w/e

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I mean we are basically already there with glams...

For me gear is just the stepping stone towards a goal, not the goal itself. I've never cared about being fully kitted out in BiS beyond being as geared as I can for raiding.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I hate that kind of tracking stuff on non-extreme / savage / ultimate content and I don't really care how well dps performs in parties, as long as the tank and healer don't mess up. Hell sometimes I like crap dps because that means I get to see more of the fight that is usually blasted through nowadays. I'm not as self conscious about my skill nowadays (unless I splat as a tank / can't keep up the tank as a healer) but the idea that some jackass might take a snap of my output and post it on a forum or discord to tear it apart / make fun of me is still pretty cringe

On serious raiding content I'm fine with parses as everybody needs to contribute to the max in order to beat it.

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 22, 2023

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

The only primal fight I don't like is Bismarck from HW

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah any fight which just has you fighting trash the whole time is pretty bad

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

YggiDee posted:

So the psychic job from FFX-2 :hmmyes:

Wait I got it -- the mascot job from FFX-2. Your power level is proportionate to the power of the costume you are wearing

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

I'd be fine with one new job per expansion going forward, personally. Better to maintain high quality in what we get than to get shovelware jobs just to meet quota.

:same:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

She's cool and I like her

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

IIRC in the 89 trial each party member is designed to biff on one of the mechanics

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

To be fair, that is a relatively recent change

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Meracydia is gonna be weird as its gonna put FF14 in direct competition with WoW again over somewhat similar expansion premises (going to the dragon isles / continent)

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

That's ok, us DRK players are trained to hone our anguish into still kicking rear end regardless

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Exactly.

It can be both horny and hosed up and weird.

EDIT: In other news, let's build up the man's insane mythos.

https://twitter.com/Dreamboum/status/1657744292134240263

No fuckin way I can't believe he was there

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Scarab Lord Yoshi-P

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I know that at least the final walk you do near the end of UT is instanced so you are really alone -- I'm surprised that it doesn't extend to the entire zone the first time you go through. Same deal with Amaurot.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Someone needs to make a Nuhn out of Graha 'Tia

That's not the WoL, mind you. Crystal Catboy needs to get laid hard

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

sirtommygunn posted:

I'm surprised that I found nothing interesting about this patch's MSQ. I struggle to even think of any specific problems to point at. It's like everything is going through the motions of an interesting story without the substance to make me give a poo poo. Even the hints at later stuff didn't offer anything to hook me. Maybe I'm just not invested enough anymore, idk. Hopefully 6.5 will bring me back in.

I didn't like the raid story either but I was already completely checked out on that one. I have been enjoying the alliance raid stuff though.

I thought the MSQ was good but nothing mind blowing, just pretty solid. Although 6.5 and 6.55 are probably gonna be pretty nuts given that they need to wrap everything up plus set up the next expansion.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah that's the best way to put it, the current MSQ has real filler arc energy. Its not a bad filler arc, but coming off of two of the most dramatic expansions / stories / grand finales in Final Fantasy history means that its gonna be a step down regardless of what they did.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Yda/Lyse got a whole expansion pack worth of focus

And then they forgot about her after her expansion was done, she didn't even show up in the Ala Mhigo role quest and had like a one line cameo in EW

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Honestly conjurer is the only class I wouldn't start as since you only get one attack button and a dot for how long and it will probably bore anyone outside of duties. Healing jobs are great secondary jobs to pick up though

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

"Was it over when the Domans unleashed Bahamut? Hell no!"

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah I liked the scholasticate story a lot but reconciling theology with political change is one of my interests so

Bruceski posted:

I've started warning people to burn the adds. If you think "oh I'll save my big stuff for when the boss comes back" you will lose.

Also very much this, that adds phase is loving brutal.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I've been leveling alch and there are also elemental resistance potions you can craft that apparently got turned into dyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

1stGear posted:

Y'shtola: I mastered my arcane powers through years of grueling practice and study.

WoL: i hav stone and beeg hat

Not enough caster glams have beeg hats in them and I'm kind of offended by that

RME posted:

Every raid should be voiced

Honestly the one thing WoW has over FF14, so many great hammy lines