Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I had the bad luck of being the very last post in the other thread, so I'm just going to repost it here:

Arist posted:

AST seems like it's in a good place right now but I'm curious about a couple of things: First, you're not supposed to be fishing for three seals for Astrodyne, right? It's generally best to just use it when you can? Second, is anyone else feeling like they changed the timing for what qualifies as "in-combat" for the purposes of gaining seals? I feel like in ShB I eventually got used to how long I needed to wait after my first GCD for me to "enter" combat, and ever since EW launched I've been dropping seals "out of combat" like crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Macaluso posted:

I didn't realize how much I knew about Astrologian!

I quoted your post so I could replace the post number in the link and forgot to edit the name :ssh:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bruceski posted:

Endwalker cutscene question just before going to the 6th zone (really *just* before, don't get into the slow wind-up and figure you've seen enough): all the beast tribes show up to help except the Namazu. Doesn't change based on quest progression, do they not count for some reason? I haven't done their quests, but I assumed the Big One was a primal even if we never fought the guy.

It's almost certainly that they haven't summoned a real primal, yes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

People in TPT chat were talking about people on reddit sending orders to restaurants with notes saying "don't make this food," which, lmao

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Professor Beetus posted:

As someone whose trying to make it to zones 5 and 6 without spoilers due to how I see goons hyping it up, can anyone tell me without spoilers why it's so :holkyfuck: for people? I feel like based on the goon reactions so far I'm going to go into it with the same kinds of unrealistic expectations that Marvel fans have going into the Spider-Man.

The answer is, not really.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Crossposting from the Other thread:

I have some dumb questions about FFXIV on console (PS4/5 namely)

How does it play on a controller? Do you use a separate keyboard or just… forego chatting?

Is it cross platform i.e. can I use my normal PC account and hop back and forth between PS4 and PC at will?

It plays extremely well on controller (though some jobs are better than others). When I played exclusively on console I bought a wireless keyboard for when I needed to chat.

It is, in fact, cross platform. You have to buy the game + expansion for each platform, but your character will transfer.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Macaluso posted:

Are beast tribes not available at launch?

First one will probably be in 6.1

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Tim Rogers is starting Final Fantasy 14...

https://twitch.tv/actionbutton

Isn't character creation locked everywhere right now?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The man called M posted:

I heard someone in I believe here say that The Scions who appeared in the first were determined by those who fought the Warriors of Darkness. If that’s the case, then How did Yshtola get to the first? She wasn’t there!

It's not the case. To my recollection the Exarch explicitly was only trying to pull the WoL but kept missing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

To be fair he was locked in the Crystal Tower back when accuracy was still a sub stat people needed to pay attention to and the WoL is easily 20 levels higher than his level 50 accuracy.

lmao

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I missed the name screenshot in the final quest, can anyone tell me which cutscene it's in?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I remember that much, I should have been clear I was asking for the number lol. There's a lotta cutscenes in that quest.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

You push those pieces to AWS et al.

lmao

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

vhweltall posted:

Saying “I’m having a bad experience with this game” is not at all the same as saying “this developer is bad, and should be ashamed of themselves.”

You can talk about silicon shortages and data center “blah blah blah” until you’re blue in the face, but the fact of our poor experience remains.

There are people saying exactly that though????

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm number 3,777 in queue right now, so let me be clear: this situation absolutely loving sucks. But, like, come on. There's just no reasonable way for the devteam to have either meaningfully mitigated or even properly anticipated the scale of the login problems.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hot take: Garlemald was a bit too long as it is.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think the only combat ability I have a macro attached to is Living Dead and that's mainly because the healer kind of needs to know immediately when you've used that so it's just a brief /party message. Even then, I don't really press it much at all.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

These world boss fates loving fall apart if there's literally six hundred people in the instance. Ran it with a full party twice, with four and three tanks, and got bronze both times. I got silver once a different time somehow, but I still need one more silver at best to get this goddamn mount.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vitamean posted:

your cohealer opts to use the exact same macro after 2+ people die. the person they raised first hasn't accepted their raise yet. you hit this macro.

Also, what if you need to rez a red mage first, who will typically appear near the very end of the party list?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Awful lot of people in the 89 and 90 dungeons lately that don't have their AF gear...

Do you get your AF gear before the 89 dungeon? I remember it being after.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Theoretically, if I used Zoe on Eukrasian Diagnosis (which I know is probably not a great idea most of the time anyway), I would be kind of screwing myself by giving myself a bigger shield to break for an Addersting charge, right?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ryanbomber posted:

If you're in a situation where you have to use a GCD on healing, then Addersting is probably a secondary concern, and also whatever's attacking is going to get through your shield anyway

I think Zoe only affects spells, so it's pretty much either EDiagnosis, EPrognosis or Pneuma

EDiagnosis is fine to use it on

I just figured Prognosis is a better pick for Zoe most of the time.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

hazardousmouse posted:

Are there any emotes that tip your hat or otherwise manipulate your headgear?

No, but you can time a macro with /visor so that it looks like you're adjusting your glasses.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've killed Chi three times. I have eight bolts.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Thundarr posted:

Friendly advice to people just now getting to 89-90 in the story:

When you get to the final zone, turn off shout chat entirely if you care even a little bit about story or ambiance. All the people with terminal gamer brains waiting on a world FATE may sour the experience for your otherwise.

Do this even if you're not in the final zone, I know someone who was in a hunt train an hour ago and was complaining about people /shout-ing spoilers through the 82-83 zone.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Unfortunately I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to get to Zadnor, which is where everyone is going to be grinding, from the start these days.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I got the level checker and I am really annoyed that the "let me out of here" pose seems to be male only.

The mount is so good but this sucks, yes

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

14 days gametime and they're suspending sales of the starter edition? Wow.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Consummate Professional posted:

Managed to get one Chi kill thanks to the FC chat. Seems like a major crapshoot on being close by when it pops.

I'm a giant hypocrite since I waited at least 10 hours total over a period of about five days and got it, but... you should really just wait a month or two.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Regy Rusty posted:

So like is it easy now days to figure out how to get the iron frog mount? I don't really know anything about how people figure out when the bosses are up and stuff. I have Ixion because of moogles.

https://faloop.app/fate

If you use that site you can track all the world fates by server and chance to activate. Formidable is old enough that people won't instapull it so you'll have a few minutes when it pops to get there.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You can also go to the Coeurl Discord server and specifically track Formidable as a FATE and they'll ping you whenever it spawns on any server.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I have kind of a weird ask: You know how the 2002 error popup is semi-transparent and you can see the queue number behind it, something you've almost certainly never thought about? I'm working on something very stupid and for it I'd like a fullscreen (or at least reasonably large) screenshot of the 2002 error with the queue number below, say, 1300 or so (the number at 1 would be absolutely perfect but I'm not too greedy/picky about my prospects here). If anyone has an image like that they'd let me use, I'd be very grateful. I've been trying to get it myself during my logins but (un)fortunately I haven't 2002'd in a while.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Given the way they've described it, you can probably generate it yourself by pulling your ethernet cable while in the login queue.

Didn't even think of this, but I just tried it and it went perfectly, so thanks!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nah, screw 'em, they're intentionally forcing me into boring content. I actively dislike World of Darkness and it's the only thing I seem to get anymore.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Deviant posted:

counter argument: make me

This is a weird and inappropriate entitlement about other people's time and preferences

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I really don't understand the argument that Alliance Duty Roulette's rewards are too low to make non-Crystal Tower raids worth it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cythereal posted:

Conversely, if they did this I might stop running alliance raid roulettes at all.

Honestly? Good.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My point was more that ADR gives insane rewards no matter what you get, but that also applies

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Augus posted:

Puppy Bunkbed

I assumed I was the only person who called it this :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, in my experience a lot of people just straight-up forget about the Deathgaze Hollow ice block push.