Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Dinged WHM 90, finished the healer role quests. I really liked them, definitely a lot better than the tank ones. My only complaint is WHY WONT FORDOLA HIGH 5 ME HUH?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sharlayan in the snow is very pretty.

I am also very pretty.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Based on stuff they revealed during fanfests it'll be the Arkasodara, Loporrits and probably Omicrons. I assume it'll be gathering, crafting and combat in that order, that's just my opinion though.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

adhuin posted:

Me with Paladin changes: Literally nothing changed for my rotation.

One of the OGCD:s is now aoe, instead of a single-target and sheltron gained tldr.
I can't wait for lvl 90, when I can press Confiteor SwordsSwordsSwords-button 4 times in row instead of once.

lol, come back when your muscle memory means that you overwrite the new blade of valor DOT with the normal goring blade one.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cleared both the EXs today. They were pretty fun. Even managed to nab the weapon coffer.

(spoilered because the weapon aesthetics will make it very obvious who the trial is)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Chillgamesh posted:

You can make the wait .5s instead. That said, yeah, I don't super see the point of a rez macro since if you're swiftcasting it, it's instant, and if you're hardcasting it with multiple downed players the other healer can now check to see who the target of your hardcast is on the party list.

You can't, wait only takes integers. You really shouldn't macro combat abilities outside of a couple of exceptions anyway.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I actually really like Ala Mhigo's landscapes and wouldn't mind more of them, but I also think that two expacs back to back about liberation would be a bit long in the tooth, even if it means kicking in more coloniser face.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I preferred Ala Mhigo side to Doma side, personally.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

homeless snail posted:

I Like Both Parts (and also I largely like SB more than HW)

Agreed. SB's themes resonated with me a lot more than HW's.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hellioning posted:

Doma isn't Generic Medieval Japan.

It's a lot closer to Generic Medieval China, honestly. Well, Medieval China If It Got Invaded.

Aesthetically yes, though it is pretty weird that for how China it looks it's got samurai and ninja and Japanese names.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Argas posted:

Probably the compromise they went with rather than develop another set of Asian aesthetics that are distinct enough to stand out from the Hingashi stuff, while already having established Doma as having ninjas and poo poo as far back as 2.xx.

Yeah, I get why they went with it, just rubs me the wrong way a little bit considering real-life history. Only enough to make me grumble that they should have used the Chinese readings for all the Doman characters' names. Fei Yuan sounds a lot cooler than Hien!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

I just finished the 83 dungeon’s Aiming set, and I think I’m in love.

How does the end of run guaranteed piece of loot work? Like, does it try to fill in whatever slots are lowest, or is it just totally random beyond being appropriate for your job?

Completely random.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

EW PLD is amazing now that it's got some very strong self-sustain. Also big swords. The Holy Sheltron sfx might be one of the coolest in the game. You're just a slab of steel that can pretty much live forever.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

EW Paladin is probably the best version yet for "you don't really NEED a healer in dungeons that often." I've had more than one situation where a Sage ate poo poo and then I just proceeded to tank-slash-heal the rest of the party through the entire fight, which was often possible but EW makes it feel extremely good since you have sustain beyond Clemency.

My one annoyance is that they removed Req boosting Clemency so you can't do like 5 Benes in a row but I'll take it as a sacrifice that needed to be made to get the rest of the toolkit.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Nibble posted:

Finished tonight. Gotta catch up on lots of spoiler discussion tomorrow while I formulate my own thoughts, but overall I was extremely satisfied with the experience. A+ would end walk again.

Out of everything that happened this expansion though, there was one thing that was the most unexpected, the most bewildering.

(Final trial spoilers)
Zenos arrives. You start to summon your trial-mates. The screen fades in, you're hurtling through space. You're hype as gently caress because you know this is it, this is The End.

Then the music kicks in, and the first thing you hear is loving BEEF SOFT TACOS.

Not quite so bewildering when you realise that the music is a remix of all the x.0 final bosses from ARR to ShB.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Followup, is it after the credits or did I miss it in the trial? I just heard the normal version in the trail and against Him.

A big band version plays during the 87 solo duty against Venat, and it's worked into the final trial phase 2 music. Other than that you get an orchestrion of it by itself at the very end.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sinteres posted:

Has anyone done the capstone for the role quests/was it cool? I'm not going to read any spoilers about it, just curious if there's anything really interesting about it.

Role quests won't have a capstone until 6.1 at earliest, although studium quests do have a capstone in already.

I've done tank, melee DPS and healer so far and just started ranged phys, so far I'd rank them healer > melee > tank.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Yeah, Kholusia. In my quest to get all the TT cards, that one was one of the most boring. Guess there is no better time to be fate grinding.

I think I just wish they would have spread it out more. Instead of the two highest level zones, put one in one of the lower level zones, that way I can just jump on one of my level 80 classes.

I did all of the zone 6 fates as a lvl 81 MCH and got to 85. If you're in a group you can easily get gold credit no matter what, even if you miss stuff 50% of the time due to level difference.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

We still need a second scouting job.

I'd like to see XIV's take on Beastmaster too for a limited.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My dream job is a Mystic Knight-like that uses Garlean technology that can be called something like Magitek Knight. Dual pistol Corsair would also be very cool.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The kanji for wind is in Huton.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Some crafters have stupidly fast collectibles too like CUL.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I find that visualising it as a 4x4 chessboard helps.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Tabletops posted:

do y'all think there will be a level squish w the next xpac? i feel like the game would sorely benefit from one cause the leveling experiences for most classes are so loving weird and bad in spots.

edit: also is there a canonical class that could be a magic tank? like no melee weapon, just magic?

We need to get to lvl 99 first for the classic FF level cap.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Holy Sheltron's sfx are amazing and really do make it feel like you're slapping down a meter of steel between you and your foe.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My personal expac ranking is just reverse release order. I preferred Stormblood to Heavensward because I vibed with the theme a lot more.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I dunno, I think there's a few thematic reasons why Thavnair works so well. Full expac spoilers. We can start with Vrtra, who's basically a walking mirror to Heavensward in his relationship to his people. He's also a symbol of how even alien visitors can thrive in a foreign star and how Middy's hopes were not for naught.

The ingenuity of the alchemists are a more active form of knowledge that help you take the fight to Garlemald and the towers in a way that Sharlayan's more passive knowledge and the Ancients's more lofty and high-minded works could not. Maybe Sharlayan could have had a tempering shield technique in their back pocket but it would probably have made them too much of an rear end in a top hat keeping it from others so the writers gave that invention to another set of characters.

It also gives us a view of common people who have a pre-existing philosophy based on Buddhism and Hinduism that argues against universal despair in the face of the inevitability of death. Sure, you could have tried to set it in Ala Mhigo instead, but they don't have a strong religious background that would have justified Matsya's sermon at the temple to resonate so well with the people. Also, dragging Ala Mhigo through a mass tragedy again would just kinda suck.

So yeah, that's why I think Thavnair's actually pretty critical to EW working. It may seem separated from all the other bits but it's got a strong place as a thematic mirror to the rest of the expac.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Magil Zeal posted:

It also gives Estinien some good lines and more of a reason to be along for the ride this time, given his own history with dragonkind. He gets to show, now that the circumstances are different, he can have a different attitude towards dragonkind despite his history. He gets to show he's grown, and he doesn't feel like the Scions' awkward hanger-on which he easily could have if he didn't have any non-comedic moments to contribute early on.

Good shout, I didn't even think of that. Thavnair is just Ishgard 2!!!!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I actually found Trial 2 pretty easy, even on its EX version. Now, trial 1 and specially THAT attack, on the other hand...

You do EX1 enough and it's like you're plugged into the matrix and can see the mechanics happen before they happen. It's a weird sensation.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

So is there any real reason to level trusts outside of shenanigans with characters who couldn’t possibly have been there?

A couple of achievements and titles.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/bba3f0b1f5c8d2708d7a126957ad76fb30c4eb71

Patch notes! Getcha patch notes here!

There are some adjustments to the 83 solo duty, so maybe a bit of spoil there.

Hey I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS (In from the Cold is harder on 6.0) on the In from the Cold (In from the Cold is harder on 6.0) CLEAR!. I know you've been working really hard (In from the Cold is harder on 6.0) at it, and I'm happy that you've (In from the Cold is harder on 6.0) achieved your goal of completion. I know your journey through (In from the Cold is harder on 6.0) the content was filled with ups and downs, but you and (The effects of the Indomitable Spirit status effect have been increased) your group stuck together through them (The initial number of uses of the duty action has been increased) all, and you were rewarded for your patience and (To more easily locate certain items required to progress in this duty, the amount of fuel-concealing wreckage in the area has been increased) tenacity. Congratulations (In from the Cold is harder on 6.0) once again, and here's to more success in your future (In from the Cold is harder on 6.0) endeavors!!!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

I have a pretty good idea what’s going to go down in the relic quest this go around. Given that the past two relics have been based off of the Eureka model of content, and how popular both Eureka and Bozja have been, we can reasonably guess that we are getting more of that and that relic will be attached once more.

So what region do we know that could plausibly serve as a wide open area with a bunch of fights that also expands on the lore/tucks away dangling plot threads from Endwalker?

87ish spoilers ahead
Locus Amoenus aka Corvos. It’s the Garlean homeland, it’s full of Allagan bullshit for the relic, it was the area absolutely trucked by the Final Days and thus likely still absolutely full of Blasphemies which serves as a narrative justification for the gameplay convention of skirmishes/CEs/etc. It has it all.

The place comes up absolutely constantly in Endwalker. G’raha is even from the place! It’s probably not a coincidence.

Makes sense. It's also coastal so I think it'll be where Island Sanctuary is too. That was my prediction when I first noticed that they kept mentioning it in EW.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Man P3 is a right ballbuster.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I was tanking and I would rate them p3 > p2 > p4 > p1 personally. Once you grok p4 it's pretty easy, though I can tell how they're going to remix it in savage to be way harder.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Clarste posted:

Either his sword or his cap glows.

There's also either a sword or a cape on the marker itself.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Healer Personally I thought that it could use more Lyse, but the Fordola, Raubahn and Arenvald squad is also cool and good.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Oh they released the first raid tier? Thought that wasn't coming until .1

.01, which was yesterday :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

You should do BA.

BA is fun as hell and I look forward to getting back into Eureka later.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Runs are happening on Primal every goddamn day at this point, honestly - there was one yesterday one today and will be two tomorrow - but I think you're not on Primal DC?

I'm on Elemental yeah, JP DCs mostly do lasseiz-faire BA runs, no prior organisation or callouts or anything most of the time outside of one discord server that organises newbie runs on the weekends. I'm just saving getting back into side activities like relics or TT and stuff after I get back to having every job maxed. My relic priority is finishing off the EW ones I never got around to finishing anyway (assuming people are running CLL, DR and Dalriada again).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I got 2 million from selling my materia IXs for 50k apiece to people who want to overmeld when savage drops.