Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
final fantasy fourteen endwalker owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Begemot posted:

I guess you could chalk that up to the high population of reapers who have no idea what they're doing, though :v:

how the hell would someone not understand reaper it's like tank levels of rotation pre-80

e: and I love it

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Vitamean posted:

this is gonna sound weird, but I keep hearing the morph ball bomb laying sound from melee or brawl in Scorch's sound effects

is it just me?

Yeah it's kind of a "bwoop bwoop" thing. I know people are saying it's new but I swear it was always like that, the bwooping just seems louder now

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Awesome! posted:

guys dont be like the endless people posting on reddit, enter your full endwalker registration keys before trying to log in today. the early access keys are dead.

It prompted me for my registration key so I put it in. This was causing problems?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Offkorn posted:

So, anyone else suddenly getting "Version Check could not be completed" and red "An Error has occurred" errors when trying to use the launcher?

I just got booted from queue (with like 600 left :argh: ) and got this upon login:

edit: well, gently caress

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

NNnnnnoooooo I was doing the final trial and we had the boss down to 10%.

lmao

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I wouldn't mind if they instead just smoothed out the skill acquisition (aoe at 45? come on) or cleaned up the 1-50 stretch/tutorial instead.

More classes are cool too though

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They took all the dots from SMN so they can put them on Greenmage who will have small debuffs and dots.

Things die so fast from single target poo poo in the ARR level poo poo even with the stat crunch. Giving you aoe earlier would make getting them in roulette even more brain dead.

Look I don't want to spend any more time in halatali than I have to. If it means my whole group can aoe down all that garbage instead of just the tank so we can move onto more interesting things, I'm gonna push for it

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Should I be expecting to pay through the rear end for crafted when it's released or is the price pretty static? Exarchic seemed to be pretty consistently around 100-200k but I don't think I was around for the day it was patched in.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
On the note of bozja exp I dunno if anyone's looked into the new dungeon numbers yet but I did the third EW dungeon (lvl85) just now at level 86. Gave ~4.7mill (I need 9,231,000 to level) and took about a half hour including queue as dps. Probably comparable now and definitely more engaging.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

People have been saying raids got harder after the squish but they feel the same to me? Prob it's just people AFKing more than usual. Like Syrcus still dies at the same pace.

Anyways my policy for roulette is I'll leave if I get the same raid in a row 3 times when I have more available or I get a raid not on Khloe and I really want that checkmark.

Anecdotally it seems like the SB content is more challenging post-squish. Probably contributes to people avoiding the Ivalice raids, especially noted pubbie slayer Orbonne.

If they gave proportional exp rewards for the time invested it'd probably help with the CT-fixers. At this point, especially with the dungeon exp boost, I've just been skipping ally roullettes (and trials too for similar reasons). I'm pretty bad, but there's some very bad pubbies out there lately.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I mean I don't really mind CT and would like to do the nier raids every now and then but don't really care generally I just want that exp

Lots of really strong feelings about ally roulette itt

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

P-Mack posted:

I like playing the game and I like it when the game is more interesting. Buy a calculator if you want to make numbers go up without learning how to play a really easy game.

lol

This is what I mean. I hate sub-50 content (honestly anything under 80 is pretty boring now) but lol at getting real worked up about it like that one guy cussing out cythereal and whoever

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Wait what are you actually supposed to do vs Livia? I thought two had to just sit there and click the ammo pile things while everyone else kills adds and sits on their thumb

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Finding a hotbar setup I liked was what I think killed DRG for me. I can see how controller users may fare better with the class since you're using so many buttons so frequently. Like my regular ShB opener was something like:

E > Q > alt+1 > 1 > alt+2, alt+3 > 2 > shift+1 > 3 > shift+e > 4 > shift+3 > Q > shift+T > alt+Q > shift+R > shift+Q > shift+3 and then some more crap

My hand hurts just from thinking about it

edit: and to actually answer the request, here's my setup from 5.5 - the empty E space was BotD. I try to keep similar abilities in the same hotkeys from class to class so it's (as above) obviously not ideal for DRG, but it helps to keep the muscle memory. First row is neutral, second row is alt+, third is shift+.

acumen fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Dec 23, 2021

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Barreft posted:

I've had this drat song in my head everyday since Endwalker came out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcMgKBXxnE0

The EW soundtrack is insanely good. There were a few tracks in particular I remembered from the promotional material that took a bit while to show up, and they delivered. I'm no music major or anything but it's absolutely amazing to me how Soken can turn one motif into a dozen different songs ranging from chill diner tunes to melancholic retrospections, while still managing to include homages to franchise staples and XIV themes.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

admanb posted:

(to me) the best tracks in Shadowbringers were mournful while the best tracks in Endwalker were triumphant, which makes sense given the respective themes

Final trial the mix of Maker's Ruin/Footfalls in phase 2 owns and imo that moment is even more hype than Ardbert's pre-Hades

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
On the topic of ping/MCH heat blast stuff does anyone know if it's actually better to deliberately heat blast > gauss > heat blast > ricochet etc or do I get the same result by just repeatedly smashing all three at the same time?

On test dummies it seems to be pretty much the same or there's so little difference it's unnoticeable

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Kyrosiris posted:

You wobble between the two to avoid overcapping. You only single weave because Heat Blast has a 1.5s GCD and trying to double weave clips like a mofo (I think even one double weave loses a full Heat Blast).

Oh yeah that makes sense, fair enough. Well since I'm not a current content or savage raider I will probably just continue to smash my face on the keyboard and eat the 5% or whatever dps loss! Probably even less.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Chillgamesh posted:

The main thing Bozja has over Eureka is that you can grind for out-of-zone progression there, that lost actions are better than logos actions, and that there are more raids.

These were all very important distinctions for me that made the difference between killing only like four mobs in Eureka and completing six relics in Bozja, to be fair

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Sinteres posted:

Tbh they should have just patched exp into Eureka since 61-70 doesn't have trusts so it's kind of a dead zone in leveling for people who use them and command missions to level.

Yeah if the majority of my classes weren't already past that point this would've 100% made me play more eureka

Roulettes are cool and all but sometimes I don't want to/can't commit to being a competent party member and would rather mindlessly grind fates or whatever it is you grind in eureka

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

In Alphascape 2.0, this was uh... interesting. Is this a bot or something? I can't imagine a new player/boost is somehow using mudras more than their 123 but, here we are.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Does flamethrower even have any use now? Scattergun gives off so much heat that it seems like it might be a dps loss. Bioblaster even doesn't seem worth the gcd when it's making up like 3% of my overall dungeon dps and autocrossbow/scattergun are a combined 40%ish.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I wasn't really following that goty thread but EW was my #1 for sure.

And after watching the ending cutscenes and final battles and listening to the soundtrack some more after I beat it the first time, I think I can now definitively say that I enjoyed Endwalker more than Shadowbringers. Good game

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

cheetah7071 posted:

I think it's a great alt class but I wouldn't want to main it. Doesn't feel like it has much depth. About the only crunchy bit to it is choosing when to enter ifrit, because that has long castbars

Yeah this is pretty accurate. I haven't done any raids with it but between regular trials and dungeons slipstream also seems to do a surprising amount of dps - usually in my top three abilities - so optimizing that is another little quirk. Having a gap closer and heal are also kinda neat to pull off appropriately but overall yeah, pretty simple. Great to share gear with my RDM primary just to mix things up occasionally.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Kazy posted:

I find Southern Front is better exp than Zadnor only because the FATEs in Zadnore die far too quickly to guarantee a gold.

If you join a group it seems like as long as your group as a whole contributes enough to get a gold and you get a single hit in, you get gold. Join groups it's easy as hell

I've been preferring EW dungeons though just for the sweet tunes and getting to use my fancy new expansion skills.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Wait I'm just beginning the omnicrafting trail do I have to do all this insane pentamelding poo poo if I just wanna make my alt jobs some 580 gear or whatever

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

FeatherFloat posted:

You'll need to slap an extra one or two materia onto the gear you eventually make for yourself, and eat some fancy food, but it's really not as bad as all that. You can get away with using cheaper materia from the previous tier, and you'll earn a bunch of materia just from crafting the stuff as you level, so it's only a little bit of work and calculation to get your gear in the shape to make the crafted 580.

Okay that's great I'm already just throwing VIII's in all my combat jobs anyway, those X's are expensive as poo poo and I don't raid.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
frontline fuckin owns here's a recent scoreboard.jpg

I can pretty consistently get BH5 on any of my primaries (WHM, MCH, or SMN) and just wreck poo poo. Just follow the pack, keep your map open and GCD rolling, and don't die. It's easy as hell and you get loads of exp!

e: it's better than wow battlegrounds and gw2 wvw :colbert:

acumen fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 14, 2022

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

FuturePastNow posted:

There's nothing competitive about Frontline because there's nothing that you, personally, can do to affect the outcome

Look at this guy who's never reached BH5

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
It's obviously impossible to carry 23 players but a good player - especially with bh5 - can absolutely make a major difference in a match. I've pulled off some wild defenses clutch healing a small squad against a larger zerg and single-handedly turned fights around as a summoner making GBS threads aoes all over the place. And I'm by no means a hardcore pvp guy, just do my dailies.

edit: yeah what those guys said. Battle high is a huge deal

acumen fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 2, 2022

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
It's not so much "try not to ever die"; it's more "you shouldn't ever be in a position where you will die because you fight at range and are paying attention to your minimap/surroundings".

Also on top of tab targeting I'd also suggest binding"target nearest enemy" (mine's on tilde)

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Wasn't there a thing about consolidating combo buttons? Is that not a thing anymore?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The wording was:

Which wasn't elaborated on but probably they probably won't touch combo actions for a long time.

Ahh thanks sorry I thought the speculation was that they were doing the pvp 123 thing for pve. Jump > mirage dive is good enough though!

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
As a non friend haver getting smashed by 5 stacks in games sucks balls but duos are pretty reasonable imo

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
yeah I can't imagine that even duos would outnumber those solo queueing, especially at this point and in this game. If CC is successful and continues to be successful after the shine wears off then I can see them adding it, but for now it's for the better.

As for CC itself, only played one game so far but it and the pvp action changes kick rear end. I especially love how short the games are.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
warrior is so goddamn fun and probably op in CC, just jumping around and healing for days

I just wanna keep playing CC but gotta finish that msq and Ally raid :(

acumen fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 13, 2022

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Vermain posted:

Having the burden of responsibility shifted onto individual players over healers in general was a great change for exactly this reason, since your success is no longer entirely dependent on whether you A) have a healer and B) they're in range and willing to keep you from instantly exploding when you go in.

As a (typically auto filled) healer who was often both a) and b), FL feels kinda rough and the clashes much more lethaI; I had more deaths in my first 6.1 FL match than the previous half dozen combined, probably more. Tanks do feel much better though, which is likely healthier for the activity at least. And it could just be getting used to the new abilities and necessity to play more carefully too.

Would be nice if we got some exp for CC because that's all I want to play now!

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Huh, serves me right for not looking more closely. I'm pretty sure I tried swapping jobs after zoning in like FL and that doesn't work though right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
They definitely took some inspiration from mobas for the new pvp actions. I did the Pyke thing with my ninja, feels great

Also glad I'm not the only one having CC portrait issues. That default driver's license photo brings much shame.