Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
*Kisses Zenos on the cheek*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Arist posted:

I had the bad luck of being the very last post in the other thread, so I'm just going to repost it here:

I didn't realize how much I knew about Astrologian!

edit: You fixed it lol

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Mix. posted:

the only thing that would've let endwalker be better is if i could give half the scions a big hug because by god do some of them need it

It's hosed up I couldn't hug Tataru at any point

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Was the pizza emote a limited supply thing for some insane reason? It doesn't appear to have applied the code to my order. Was the 20,000 seriously the limit for the emote itself and not just the free delivery? If there was actually a limit on this digital item they can make infinite of then that is just insane

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Farg posted:

eyyy I'm endwalkin' here

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Begemot posted:

Endwalker is good, imo.

I'm really curious about (MSQ end) where it goes from here, though. Like literally what even the first patch is gonna be. Maybe just touring around to see what each of the Scions are up to? But that would be weird since we just said goodbye. I can't wait to find out!

I mean Emet literally all but looked directly at the camera and listed off like 20 things that will make for good expansion content in the future

edit: I see your next post. There's that Pandamonium place we'll be going to!

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 10, 2021

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Zaggitz posted:

I got to Zone 5 yesterday and while it truly is as amazing as everyone says it is I have to say the entire stretch from returning to Thavnair until you get there was like one prolonged panic attack. Jesus Christ.

Yeah I was pretty emotionally exhausted after that and had to take a little break after. It throws a lot of poo poo at you just constantly.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Are beast tribes not available at launch?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Day number 6 in a row where I get disconnected between 4 and 7, effectively ending my night. Very cool this happens every single day. :thumbsup: It's cool how there's nothing I can do about this

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

so did that maintenance last night/this morning fix the 2002 thing like they said?

No. The 2002 is never getting fixed

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Honestly, I was quite shocked how both of them have practically zero presence in the MSQ.

It's weird that they have absolutely zero presence in Garlamald. Especially Cid with the airships

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Question about The Big Cheese. What's the tell for which side he's gonna do his big laser attack on? I've done that dungeon a few times now, and I watched him and it didn't seem like he moved any of his limbs differently or anything to indicate it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Zoig posted:

Name on the castbar, says left or right.

Well dang

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Literally on the last boss of a dungeon, and my FC announced that Chi had just spawned. Then one second later got disconnected. Not having work on a Sunday and being able to get on at like 8 sure didn't help me here :( And of course the queue is moving so slow it might as well not be moving at all.

Unrelated, my gear is currently a mix of the gear Tataru makes you and the newest tomestone gear. I noticed a few pieces, specifically the chest and the and weapon for RDM, has SIGNIFICANTLY less crit than the Tataru gear. In fact the chestpiece goes from having 224 to... 0. Do I want to find a mix of the tomestone gear and crafted gear? Throughout ShB I just grabbed the highest tomestone gear and went with the recommended gear button. But this time I looked more closely and noticed the massive loss in crit and wondering now if I should be not just going by the recommended gear button. I like that button because it saves me any real work, but that kind of stat loss seems pretty significant. Is the idea that you're expected to make up that lost crit with materia?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

gay_crimes posted:

I’ve sat in probably seven hours of queue since EW released and haven’t seen any errors or been disconnected a single time

:bravo:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I unlocked the dyable job gear, but I had to make a slight adjustment because we don't cover our gams in this family

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

For me, the power in Endwalker hasn't necessarily been (full game spoilers) the cosmic battle vs nihilism (though that is v. good), but it has instead been the little character moments. There is so much in this expansion but we've still had plenty of time to just sit with characters and just have moments. Seeing all my friends from the last 8 years reach the culmination of their personal arcs is incredibly powerful and inspiring.

I absolutely loved the part where all your friends come into your room with a bunch of food and your WoL and all their friends are talking and eating. I loved the little bit with Graha and Alisae with their burgers

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

SirPhoebos posted:

For me, the pro-dialogue choice wasn't admitting to Zenos that you were Gamer Trash, it was asking if everyone was alright after you nearly died.

Haha yes. I got the reaction I was hoping it would from the character I was hoping it would too.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The (83 trial) Zodiark fight is cool BECAUSE it's not the final boss of the patch!! In fact neither Zodiark or Hydalen is the final boss. I think that rules.

The idea of splitting up this story into multiple patches or even multiple expansion is insane to me. I thought it all flowed very well outside of the very small amount of times when the "between action" parts went a little too slowly

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 13, 2021

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I think the only 4 man boss that really gave my groups trouble was Vanaspati. The last boss is just sensory overload and I think a lot of players, even myself included, had a hard time paying attention to all the mechanics when they would happen at once. Maybe I just got lucky in all my groups but I never really had an issue. The last boss of Smileton can be a bit tricky and that's only because it's easy to miss which side his laser blast is gonna be. I literally didn't realize it just... said it on his cast bar.

I didn't even have a rough group in the first trial. The second trial was the only dungeon that has several wipes to try and understand it. Even the last boss we only wiped once and the second go around we figured out what we had done wrong. Although the planets spinning in the last trial is one of those mechanics that goes a little TOO fast I think

The last MSQ dungeon the first boss all three of my party members were like "oof this is a rough one" "I wiped 4 times to this XD" etc. We one shot it. Feelsgoodman

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1ruiautVwQ

:dance: :sandance: :honked: :snoop: :mario: :yosbutt: :parrot:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

hazardousmouse posted:

People sitting for hours in Chi party finders called the "hellwait" or "the waiting room" really fuckin weird me out. You'll get that poo poo easily, stop abusing yourselves

The problem is it's probably gonna be quite a while before it gets to the point where the boss will spawn and then everyone will wait while a call is sent out so everyone interested can come kill it. Right now there's three separate instances of that zone, and the spawn is different on all of them. And there's only so much room for an instance so even if folks did wait and a call went out, the instance would fill up and then folks wouldn't be able to get in. So now everyone has resorted to just camping and killing it the moment it spawns. I almost think it would've been better to hold off even allowing those two bosses to spawn at all until after things have died down a lot. It also kind of sucks there's a huge segment of the playerbase that is in the game but effectively doing nothing but AFKing on a platform while thousands of players are struggling to get in.

Anyway I have 6 bolts, I just need one more kill.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Thundarr posted:

Friendly advice to people just now getting to 89-90 in the story:

When you get to the final zone, turn off shout chat entirely if you care even a little bit about story or ambiance. All the people with terminal gamer brains waiting on a world FATE may sour the experience for your otherwise.

100%. I mean I'd do this even before that, but zone 6 is especially bad because there's a boss fate there and so everyone is hanging out there idling with nothing else to do and will just casually say spoilers in shout chat. It's pretty lovely.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Why on earth isn't there a checkbox I can click so that when I auto-sort things in the armory chest, it will push all the items that are part of gear sets to the front? Why is very simple stuff that should've been there in the first place so hard for them to do when it comes to the UI?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Does anyone here have the Thavnair barding that can take a picture of it in a well lit area/during the day? The only picture I can seem to find of it that isn't taken at night is the one from the patch notes, and I want to see if it's as pink as that screenshot. I'm debating on the pet or the barding, but if it's as pink as the patch notes trailer I'm 100% going the barding

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Thundarr posted:

Also worth noting since it can be hard to tell from a screenshot, but the lamps glow a bit. It's a very pink barding!

:toot:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I got my code. I'll never get through the queue to see it though

Nodosaur posted:

I would die for the Loporrits

:hmmyes:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I wish I could play game after work :saddowns:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 18, 2021

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Arist posted:

You can also go to the Coeurl Discord server and specifically track Formidable as a FATE and they'll ping you whenever it spawns on any server.

Yeah you probably want to do that/join a linkshell anyway so if it spawns and you catch it you can call it out. I've encountered Formidables before where no one ever showed up

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

bagrada posted:

Spoilering just in case, but in the cutscene where you are waiting to get your endwalker artifact armor the camera keeps panning over to a roe lady standing over a kneeling knight in distinctive armor. Was that a reference to something? Here's a bad screenshot I grabbed. I kept expecting it to change each time it panned back.

Those two just happened to be placed there. Out of the cutscene if you go over to them there's some dialogue where the dude can't stand up cause the armor is so heavy

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

hazardousmouse posted:

I know we've got people itt already clamoring for meracydia and gemorrah

I don't know jack poo poo about these places but I trust the YoshiP ship to take me wherever it so pleases

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

FeatherFloat posted:

Endwalker really is a story that expects you to be as excited about all the characters it hauled out for the curtain call as it is, and if someone can't get past their dislike of so-and-so to get to the underlying thematic effort underneath, it is probably going to fall flat. Shadowbringers was sentimental within the confines of a tighter story, Endwalker is sentimental with all the limits ripped off and the Final Fantasy poo poo dial cranked to 11, and that sort of is what it is.

I am fortunate that I generally like all the characters in the story, and a lot of the negative perspectives I've seen on Endwalker have at least been in part "the story made me spend time with Character I Hate, so gently caress it", but the story was probably always gonna do that, so welp.

The only character who outright fell flat for me was elfboy whats his name from Heavensward. He didn't leave a lasting impression on me from Heavensward, and he certainly didn't either in Endwalker. His rivalry with the pirate boy fell flat for me as well cause I just didn't care. But that whole thing is pretty minor compared to every single other character thing that I loved

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cythereal posted:

On the upside, I've always liked Krile and Endwalker firmly cemented her as one of my favorites in the game. Such a pity that she wasn't made the new Trust member instead of Estinian.

I love Krile but this sentence is wild

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm working on leveling up crafting. I'm using a guide to power level with the firmament. But now I need to craft a 40 HQ set before moving forward. I have all the mats listed to gather, but does anyone have low level macros to ensure that I 100% get the HQ version when I'm crafting the pieces? I don't want to waste my time and then try and fumble my way through this rotation nonsense and not make an HQ one or fail it completely.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I wouldn't have tried tanking if it wasn't for Gunbreaker TBH. They are extremely fun.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Man, that last fight is ROUGH.

Hey FF devs I would like it if you would take a break now on the "the outside of the boss arena auto kills you" now. That's enough of that.

Also Summoners get your FATASS TITAN OUT OF MY FACE :argh:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Endorph posted:

they should really make petsize a forced tutorial with how many people dont seem to know it exists

I mean ideally the thing that hides other player effects should hide summoner summons as well but it doesn't.

edit: Also the pet size is set to small. I need an extra small or extra extra small option. Make them minion sized

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 22, 2021

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

bewilderment posted:

Earlier today as DPS I roulette'd into Dun Scaith because some giant babies had apparently just left.

It was very silly, they were already up to the second-last boss. And that's the hard one, the final boss of Dun Scaith is pretty easy as long as your brain can put together "stack + look away". The prior boss almost had a wipe, the final one was just funny goodtimes.

People who only want the Crystal Tower raids are pathetic babies who deserve no sympathy.

I want only the NeiR raids

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Venuz Patrol posted:

puppet bunker and tower at paradigm's reach are both pretty good, but the copied factory is insanely boring. every boss has 30% too much health and not nearly enough attack patterns to justify it

This is wild to me. Copied Factory is my favorite of the three and my favorite alliance raid in general. I don't even like the game it's based on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kazy posted:

The Ivalice story was awful and boring and honestly makes me hate the raids.

:hmmyes:

But also I hate the raids anyway