Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Eimi posted:

Endwalker never came together as a coherent whole for me, even if some of the individual pieces are brilliant. However I can at least say reaper might be the most fun job.

Also the hottest dude is Emet-Selch with no competition. No idea how they managed to make him hotter but they did.

No joke I got a butterfly feeling when he noticed me first zoning into Elpis. Emet-Selch is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

acumen posted:

Yeah it's kind of a "bwoop bwoop" thing. I know people are saying it's new but I swear it was always like that, the bwooping just seems louder now

I love that bwoop & I'm happy every time I get to cast Scorch.

I don't remember it from before, but I wasn't maining RDM in ShB.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Thundarr posted:

Or let the rdm do it.

I Verraised everyone at least once in my run of the last trial.

Chillgamesh posted:

You can make the wait .5s instead. That said, yeah, I don't super see the point of a rez macro since if you're swiftcasting it, it's instant, and if you're hardcasting it with multiple downed players the other healer can now check to see who the target of your hardcast is on the party list.

Did they change the timing thing? I was under the impression that decimals were rounded up to the next full second.

efb answer is above

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Macros are for attaching edgy party chat messages to every one of your DRG abilities.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Endorph posted:

wouldn't that just be him moving the way he's used to, not some kind of sex/gender thing? like the body is still gonna have muscle memory

Muscle memory exists, sure, but it's not going to entirely change how your consciousness presents itself and wants to move the body you're inhabiting. Frankly, I think I the body's expectations of movement and the mismatch of signals would just make it that much more dysphoria-inducing.

Regardless, it was probably the part of the xpac that got under my skin the most.

edit: to put it another way, I know how I'd feel about it, and my character is very much a stand in for me.

Nancy fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 14, 2021

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Are any of the role quests actually good? I haven't heard anything positive and the magic dps one was really meh. Like, okay, coda for Ishgard, but covering parts I don't really care about.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Harrow posted:

Do any of the role quests actually lean into what role they're supposed to be about? I found that the tank one didn't really feel like it had anything to do with the tank role at all and felt more like a healer role quest until the final solo duty (which, admittedly, was pretty fun I thought).

Honestly that's probably my issue with Magic DPS. In ShB at least you were hunting down your First counterpart kind of.

The Magic DPS one just felt like an unrelated sidequest chain.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Thundarr posted:

I decided to check the official forums for similar lunatic posts and... geez. There's just so much self imposed misery over there that it isn't even fun to laugh at it.

To post is to suffer.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

central dogma posted:

You know, you're right. A mount can be "whacky" and good at the same time. But the sheer amount of time people are camping for it is mind boggling.

I kind of want it for rare mount shininess' sake, but I know I'm still going to be riding my sparkle dog so it would be a waste of time.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
(Ending spoilers) I cannot stand Zenos, and from this perspective it was very very satisfying to tell him I was done with his poo poo and leave him broken and alone at the end of the universe. Sure, he got what he wanted, but I really don't care and just wanted him to leave me alone and I think the game properly reflected my attitude towards him.

Honestly found how they accommodated player outlook throughout the whole xpac pretty impressive even with events happening the same for everyone.

Nancy fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 20, 2021

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
What does the smirk come from? Cause if it's feeding into Zenos' bullshit that feels like The Wrong Choice.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Harrow posted:

It's from the "That I can't deny" answer. But even then it's not "feeding into Zenos's bullshit." It's just acknowledging that for your character (if you choose that option)... yeah, y'know what, this is fun. All this adventuring and doing the craziest poo poo anyone's ever done? It kind of rules. Zenos contends that yes, you are a hero and your motivations and his aren't the same, but he believes that on some level you wouldn't be doing this if you didn't love the challenge and the thrill of it.

I don't see that as necessarily agreeing that you and he are the same--even Zenos isn't contending that, not anymore.

I can appreciate this take on it, even if I don't find anything involving Zenos "fun." Like, I had fun playing the game and going on adventures, but every time Zenos shows up it's a Bad Time for all the characters I care about so, for me, that fight was more about closing the book on him.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Zenos most annoys me by stealing the show from this xpac's true hottie, Erenville.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
They've been pretty reasonable the last couple of days, but it's holiday time. They were maybe in the 1.9ks-2ks on Faerie before the 23rd.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
My entire raid group cares a lot about the story, and we've got some triple ultimate people too. Also Coil story was what got me into raiding way back when.

I don't really know any raiders who don't pay attention honestly.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Late to the party but smdh if you don't fantasia weekly.

I don't have a picture of my current Roe in rotation that's not spoilery unfortunately, so MSQ ending spoilers:

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

hazardousmouse posted:

Charles, that's an excellent Roedame

Thanks! The current incarnation is a riff on my ARR character, I got very nostalgic during EW.

TGLT posted:

That's actually a pretty good Heather

The skirt is the trickiest part, I couldn't find anything that looks enough like boxy 90s denim.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Hogama posted:

Regarding the character names in Endwalker, As far as I've seen, ヴェーネス, Veenesu, is not meant to be the same name as ビーナス, Biinesu; the "e"s in the former's romaji are still short e (eh) sounds. Venat != Venus.
As for the two characters pronouncing it slightly different, I figure that's more like how even in English you'll have two voice actors pronouncing the same name a bit differently. Japanese doesn't actually have a "V" sound per se, but they'll typically approximate it with "B," and individuals might be better or worse at making the actual letter distinction in speech - Alphinaud and Urianger aren't supposed to be saying two different names, lore-wise.

I couldn't exactly tell you why they felt obligated to use the reference here rather than a Greek name, other than the Occuria being tied to the Scions of Light and Darkness, so I guess she's the "heretic" from the rest of the Convocation (even if she wasn't the acting Azem at the time). Gerun, the other named Occuria, is also a name present in XIV lore, but as the author of the Gerun Oracles, the prophecies Louisoix and Urianger turn to at times.

I don't know, FF uses a lot of nonstandard classical name localizations, for instance ハーデス for Hades rather than ハデス or ハーデース. I realize ヴェーネス is a little more extreme than the Hades differences, but it's basically a vowel-shifted form of ヴィーナス that shows up as the "English reading" of the goddess' name a lot. Feels like a "both" situation where it's classical name & prior FF references combined.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Nut sacks are canon, checks out.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I didn't know what it was called, but today I learned that my static uses Elmo strat. As a DPS it doesn't seem very cursed, just kind of stand there while support does their thing.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Also keep in mind that seemingly small gear gaps can make a huge difference, e.g. weapon damage matters a whole lot.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Back in Exdeath I was doing callouts one night and was super tired so forgot the name of Double Attack & said "uhhhh big man" instead.

It was a fun game after that to determine which move was "big man" in every new tier for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
It's definitely A Thing in Japan. DQX even limits streaming to certain servers and has a special status they ask you to enable when you're live.

I always appreciate it when streamers give the party a heads up, don't necessarily want my voice and stuff projected everywhere without me knowing.