Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

G-Hawk posted:

https://twitter.com/RaeComm/status/1477704349203718149

pretty good news for NYRB, sounds like it could be part or full year. I'm high on Clark but he probably isn't ready to start in Europe and will get more playing time in MLS. Seems fine all around

I am also pleased with this, he could definitely use another year of development, with the appendectomy and everything he had a very start and go 2021.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Troy Queef posted:

https://twitter.com/ben_fred/status/1478751731882369024?s=21 Does anyone know anything about this guy, and/or if he’s any good

Yeah he was the assistant coach for NYRB under Armas and took over as the interim coach once they let Armas go and before they got Struber, he stayed as an assistant when they got Struber. Hard to say too much about his tactical impact as the Red Bulls have a pretty tried and true way of playing and he didn’t rock the boat very much, but the subs he made and when he made them seemed logical and the players seem to like him. I think he’s a solid hire.

Total Meatlove posted:

Is he more of a DM or CB? Lots saying he's coming through as a midfielder?

Yeah I think given a preference he’d rather play in midfield but NYCFC consistently stuck him at CB because their other options on D were a bit spastic and he added some semblance of stability. Solid but boring is probably a fair description, but when you’re defensively inclined that’s probably a good thing.

Jovial Cow fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 5, 2022

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Well the expansion fee for Charlotte was $325MM right? So this doesn’t seem totally out of whack when you consider this also includes real estate and an operating entity that is already up and running.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Crazy Ted posted:

Guitar plays for Memphis 901 in D2. Funnily enough he's teammates with a Trinidadian named Les (Leston) Paul.

This is wonderful.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I have no idea what NYRB are going to be like. Getting Aaron Long back is huge, another year of Caden Clark should be a boost too assuming he stays healthy.

The huge question is still our striker situation, they haven’t been able to replace BWP effectively. Klimala is going to have to figure out how to finish.

I know nothing about Lewis Morgan.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
So I think we all knew this was happening already but I guess its now "official". Caden Clark is being loaned back to NYRB for the season, the really interesting thing is there is apparently an option to extend the loan on NYRB's part. I guess that doesn't really have that meaningful of an impact as its all sort of the same organization so if Leipzig want him back NYRB won't extend, but if they do decide to extend the paperwork is already done. At least I hope that's what it means and its not some reflection on his development.

https://twitter.com/NewYorkRedBulls/status/1491426805722533893?s=20&t=3o6jYENJQAYvERXMRjR4XA

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Now that the MLS kits are coming out quite rapidly I gotta say adidas did a pretty solid job this year, broadly speaking I like them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
NYRB have apparently signed Luquinhas from Legia Warsaw, he’s a 25 year old attacking mid who will be on a 3 year DP contract. I hope he’s good.

Jovial Cow fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Feb 16, 2022