Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
I agree - hope it stays with ESPN. CBS’s app is one of the worst of the bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

There are :siren: rumors :siren: that an MLS deal with ViacomCBS would guarantee no local blackouts on Paramount+ because there will be no local broadcasts

Might be worth subscribing to Paramount+ just for this. jk, never subscribing to that poo poo service

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

I suggest you read the spoiler tag, then, because you might not have a choice!

If only there were alternatives to local broadcasts and paid streaming services. Surely someone can think of something!

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

I mean, if you already pirate everything nothing will fundamentally change.

I tend not to pirate, but I’m not opposed to it when a product is otherwise unavailable through reasonable means. That includes gatekeeping behind a bad streaming service I have no interest in supporting.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

In another example of companies I’ve never heard of getting naming rights to MLS stadia, St. Louis City will play at Centene Stadium.

Centene’s a pretty big company with 70k employees and part of Fortune 50. And they’re headquartered here in St. Louis, so the sponsorship makes sense.