Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I haven't paid attention in a couple years, but Shaqiri is one of my favorite players so that's cool. I also like that Chicago Fire the team are still second fiddle to Chicago Fire the TV show in google search results.

Anyway, who's actually good and exciting now? Atlanta was for a while but I dunno if they still are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Oh wow, I had vaguely heard of Miami and Austin getting teams but didn't realize Nashville and Charlotte were in now too. Seems uhhh not great for talent dilution.

E: I guess maybe this is part of why the Mexican 2nd division imploded? MLS teams spending more on that level player and making it harder for similar clubs/leagues to compete

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Gigi Galli posted:

Jozy’s going to be carrying an enormous salary and Toronto is literally paying him to gently caress off.

Tell me more? I loved watching him be large and unbalanced

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
They changed the calendar right? So it matches up better with an MLS season and an MLS team might actually win?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Do the teams from less rich countries have to pay for their own flights and poo poo? THAT seems rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
It turns out the thread title is not actually accurate: New York City FC Announces Home Venue for Upcoming Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Match Against Santos de Guápiles Fútbol Club

They're playing at the LAFC stadium lol