Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

their patch completely borked the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

This spell rocks. It'll pop you right out of that funk.
I feel like I'm in The Langoliers. I've basically desynced out of getting information about world entities that aren't rocks.

I think Haven's still fine though.

Also, I think I found gently caress Man's house before things broke.

E: Server restart and patch now.

E2: Also before it blew up there were so many more people. Like I almost couldn't use the bank because there were 3 rows of people surrounding them in one of the lesser populated towns. If I was short, I wouldn't have been able to peek over someone's shoulder to use it.

Suzera fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Feb 3, 2022

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

i built one in beta, but i don't have one up yet in live!

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
Kira is not a fan of the launch even though he made a positive video about the game before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7dAohiSH8U

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself

Necrosaro posted:

Kira is not a fan of the launch even though he made a positive video about the game before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7dAohiSH8U

I mean its a good game when it works, thats just not right now. A good game you absolutely cannot play is not a good game.

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

sheepdemon posted:

I mean its a good game when it works, thats just not right now. A good game you absolutely cannot play is not a good game.
Yeah. I dunno about absolutely though since at least 2-3k can play in Myrland and some thousands at any give time are still on Haven from what I've gathered from queue numbers immediately after server up. I've queued in within 5 minutes server up time and gotten in literally every time with queue times ranging from 30 minutes to 8 hours (which I slept through). I haven't missed a single day or patch cycle entirely yet. So if you're awake and able to queue during eurotime business hours when they drop patches and server restarts you stand a really good shot at getting in at some point if not immediately. But yeah, queue time in general is only increasing as more people keep queuing in to wait and afk in game with still unrelenting steamcharts player peaks even though only like 1/2-2/3 of the people can play (including Haven, which anyone can still get into without a queue). At least as of the most recent patch the queue and in-game gameplay seems more stable/performant though so it's noticeable improved in some ways even if not everyone can get in. It's still definitely not in a state I'm going out of my way to bug people who like these kinds of games and have persisted through similar launch week issues over though.

If you can't get into Myrland queue within approximately 30-60 minutes of the patch/server restart timeframe it's a lost cause right at the moment until some more improvements are made. There's no more lottery kind of stuff going on, so there's no chance at getting in early in front of people that queued sooner if you queue later anymore. The server will be restarted or patched before you have a chance of getting in, unless you're on the starting island Haven which is fine and has no queue.

Suzera fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 4, 2022

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Yeah, I started my queue at 5am EST before going to work. I'm on my lunch break now checking with steam link, and I've gone from 2832 to 1660 over the course 8 hours. It only gets longer the deeper you get into the queue so in total if I stayed logged in, I'd probably get in by about this time tomorrow.

Communist Q fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Feb 4, 2022

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

yeah, i don't see how you can play this game if you're not in a wfh/not working type situation. i usually get up before 7 and i jump in the queue and usually i'm on some time in the late afternoon or evening. it's really unplayable for anyone who doesn't have that option.

you wait all this time to get into a game where a nude chick kills your horse with arrows within 15 minutes of logging in and therein begins your adventure young master frodo

doritto
May 12, 2013

gently caress Man posted:

yeah, i don't see how you can play this game if you're not in a wfh/not working type situation. i usually get up before 7 and i jump in the queue and usually i'm on some time in the late afternoon or evening. it's really unplayable for anyone who doesn't have that option.

you wait all this time to get into a game where a nude chick kills your horse with arrows within 15 minutes of logging in and therein begins your adventure young master frodo

ive been setting it up on my desktop when i get up and then managing the login throughout the day w parsec on my phone lmao, these last few days have been pretty tough to get in tho

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Well, it seems Steam isn't allowing refunds if you've spent more than 2 hours even if it was in the queue.

Grats to Star Vault I guess.

doritto
May 12, 2013

truther posted:

Well, it seems Steam isn't allowing refunds if you've spent more than 2 hours even if it was in the queue.

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

Seems like a few hundred more people got in this time before the wall hit. Unfortunately still a few more thousand to go. I'm probably missing today/this patch cycle as well.

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

truther posted:

You may need to protest, it took a while to get trash like battlefield to give refunds.

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

Towel thrown in on one world for now. Instances of the mainland coming soon like with Haven until stuff dies down or they're ready to release the real second continent. No building on the extra instance(s) since they'll be turned off later.

Suzera fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 5, 2022

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

reads like instanced myrlands that you can hop between, but the main server is the only place you can build. sounds like a good measure to deal with the influx of players. i hate that the game has been in the condition it has been since release, although i think the small team is realistically dealing with the issues. i wonder if they'll ever get to a state where they are able to merge everyone back together and how that will roll out.

i wonder if you'll be randomly assigned when you log in or if you get a static one. will the trade post be shared?

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

I dunno about the other questions, but since there's no building on the other Myrlands and Haven works basically by just instance teleporting you while your bank and such comes with, merging should basically just be turning the extra Myrlands off and changing the server association flag on your character.

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

there have been some server restarts, but the instances seem to be working out. the main queue isn't even that long.

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

Yeah, queues are basically non-existent now other than reasonable shortish ones on main. There were some problems with crashes, but after the last patch those also seem to be sorted.

I've done a good bit of fight clubbing and a few realish wild pvp encounters and the melee combat is more engaging than I thought it would be. It feels more strategic than a matter of luck like blocking and such tends to feel for me in these games.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus
This game is the best dumpster fire. With all the pre-launch things and them basically building the entire game with pre-purchased assets causing so many issues. But smacking pigs with a mallet is still fun and the queues are not bad anymore.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

A lot of the steam reviews are mentioning latency being a huge issue in the US. Is that still the case?

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

DrCaptainSir posted:

This game is the best dumpster fire. With all the pre-launch things and them basically building the entire game with pre-purchased assets causing so many issues. But smacking pigs with a mallet is still fun and the queues are not bad anymore.

it's surprisingly fun! pre launch / launch has actually been really interesting to follow, in my opinion. i was in the beta, messed around a bunch and loved it while the populations were hovering around 800 people each day. it's crazy to see that it has blown up and basically had all of these issues from so much success. the melt downs on the discord have been otherworldly. the issues strange, but all of it has been fairly transparent and entertaining. once you get past things like store bought assets, getting stuck on objects in the world, nodeline issues, it's an endearing and fun game with a lot of depth. the crafting is nuts with the number of combos that exist. they've put a bunch of developer and artist positions up on their site to expand the team as well. the ceo is the biggest goober ever, but he hops on a stream every week and talks about development, road maps and does a Q&A even when the server was making GBS threads the bed and they were crunching a work around. i don't know if i've seen a game company actually be as responsive as this one is. i think if they can really keep at it it can be a really good slow burn, but holy poo poo i agree it has been a trainwreck to watch.

Carmant posted:

A lot of the steam reviews are mentioning latency being a huge issue in the US. Is that still the case?

i am in the south western us and get around ~160 ping and don't notice much. every once and a blue moon someone riding a horse will teleport a short ways, but it feels pretty synced when you need it to be. now that i type that out, i do remember that there was a larger group of dudes i was near in meduli who were warping as a group a ways - my initial thought is that those dudes are all playing from the same area of the world.

housemaster!!1
Oct 6, 2015

DUNT 4GEHT 2 FLAAHP UR ARRMAZ
I wish they would just fix the server issues and not ruin their own vision with multiple servers. Even the alt servers are full of issues with pets not attacking, disappearing items and stuff. It seems that there are already some speed hackers and dupe bugs, but it looks like nobody gives a gently caress. However, a wipe will certainly not happen. I am very disappointed... I thought this could be my new Darkfall Online 2009 but apparently we have to live in a world with crappy P2W F2P titles populated by degenerates.

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

They kind of needed to do the multisever to let more than 2000 of their ten of thousand of customers get in to play the game. Henrick is still committed to a one world vision long term though.

I still haven't yet seen an actual speed hacker vs an elf clicking their speed buttons (which does let them go very fast for a bit and people may not know about this yet), and mo2 general discord is a cesspit of people trolling the devs and other players with fake negative information about the game even beyond the real problems with it. So I don't initially believe most of the negative stuff about the game there without other evidence if that's where you're seeing that stuff. There's just too many people making up false information about the game and presenting is as facts of any sort. It's like 1/4 of the posts about game facts in there aren't real or correct. If speedhacking does exist, it's at least not rampant, and it's not like you can make infinite free accounts here.

Alt 4 apparently had some kind of issues? But allegedly that's fixed now. The pets otherwise also aren't actually missing as I understand it, but that the servers don't always synchronize them correctly and they get shoved into nearby or random stables sometimes.

They definitely give a gently caress about any potential duping, etc since this is a passion project. And seeing how items work in the ui they are probably capable of tracking any kind of duped items or stacks since each stack seems to work like a different item. The real question is competency and resources.

Suzera fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 18, 2022

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

This game has had one of the worst MMO launches I've ever seen. That said, there is still a bunch of drama being extracted mostly from a streamer who apparently only plays sandbox MMOs w/ territory control, and still doesn't understand why he gets zergged when he talks trash to the massive guilds/alliances in their home territory to come out and fight him. He also seems to think he can take on a huge Russian alliance of MO2 vets with his guild that consists of like 20-30 players who probably have less than 100 hours of combined playtime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwEiEb1pgSA

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

That's great lol. If only we could salt him as much as he salts himself. I did want to take people to mess with him or other streamers once we've gotten some more combat practice, but I dunno if we can harm him more than he harms himself. Apparently.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

He brought his entire guild all the way across the map yesterday to fight KotO, and then swapped instances right as KotO was rolling up on him. I'd be so pissed if I did a 30 minute horse ride across the map for PvP, and then got told last second we were dodging the fight. I wouldn't be surprised if his guild starts killing and spawn camping him at a priest at this point.

housemaster!!1
Oct 6, 2015

DUNT 4GEHT 2 FLAAHP UR ARRMAZ
Holy poo, I fought this guy in Darkfall several times and I think he always killed me.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
So begins the saga of Kermet Lafhroaig, dark elf dealer, serial killer

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Literally Kermit posted:

So begins the saga of Kermet Lafhroaig, dark elf dealer, serial killer

what do you deal

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Kevin Bacon posted:

what do you deal

with it! :jiggled:

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

there's a dude, forgiven, who runs around taking pics of people and places around myrland and he snagged me doing my thing in meduli tonight

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

i like that. you look good

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

thanks - i'm having a blast and think i'm kicking along pretty well solo in the desert. if anyone needs any tips, starter package, or a hand with anything near meduli / tindrem let me know. i would be interested in keeping this thread alive and maybe helping update the OP if there's any traction.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

likewise! i make armor and shields, happy to contribute anything to anyone who needs it (based out of vadda)

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

We still have about 12 people playing the game at the moment in the discord link in the OP, though ~6 are currently on a break getting Elden Ring out of their system. We've still been kicking around and enacting Horse Law at hotspots and committing horse war crimes by holding people's horses hostage until they give us their stuff. Even if you don't exactly play with us or need help getting started, you're welcome to come hang out.

I was still planning to do a new OP in the near future to relieve hobocrunch and maybe help another player drive with new thread smell, but was waiting for some of the more annoying things to get fixed so people are less likely to rage out. Like all the pet problems with server switching which so far at least seems to be better with today's patch. The horse falling situation being improved was also nice.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Suzera posted:

We still have about 12 people playing the game at the moment in the discord link in the OP, though ~6 are currently on a break getting Elden Ring out of their system. We've still been kicking around and enacting Horse Law at hotspots and committing horse war crimes by holding people's horses hostage until they give us their stuff. Even if you don't exactly play with us or need help getting started, you're welcome to come hang out.

I was still planning to do a new OP in the near future to relieve hobocrunch and maybe help another player drive with new thread smell, but was waiting for some of the more annoying things to get fixed so people are less likely to rage out. Like all the pet problems with server switching which so far at least seems to be better with today's patch. The horse falling situation being improved was also nice.

out of curiosity, how open is your group to non-guild goons? im eu-based and sort of intertwined with other eu non-goons, and we all recently joined a (us eu mixed i think?) guild. id be interested in playing a little with goons as well, but its hard to fully commit given the timezone discrepancy (im under the impression you guys are mostly US based), but i dont know if you guys are like eve-level serious about outsiders or potential spies or what not

Suzera
Oct 6, 2021

Kevin Bacon posted:

out of curiosity, how open is your group to non-guild goons? im eu-based and sort of intertwined with other eu non-goons, and we all recently joined a (us eu mixed i think?) guild. id be interested in playing a little with goons as well, but its hard to fully commit given the timezone discrepancy (im under the impression you guys are mostly US based), but i dont know if you guys are like eve-level serious about outsiders or potential spies or what not
As long as they're not edgelords or whatever it's perfectly fine. There's already significant number of non-goons in the larger member list, a few who are new and quite a few who have been around for a few games. There are some EU and AUS regulars, though I think only one is playing MO2 at the moment. There's also a few relatively nocturnal NA people, a couple of which are playing at the moment.

There's also not anything to be EVE level serious about at the moment. I doubt there ever really will be in this game either. Worst case is basically someone comes to fight you while you do something, which is content.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Kevin Bacon posted:

im spying on you

:wink:

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

Suzera posted:

from what i've seen the patch has been good and i hope they can continue to resolve some of the bugs and jank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

update: i've got my house built tucked away near meduli, a steady supply of ore rolling in that i'm extracting and flipping for gold on the regs and i'm almost to 70 on tungsteel lore to make tungsteel daggers. i really want a portable crusher right next to my house!