Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

They just have to have that single server, no compromises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
So did anyone else catch that Henrik revealed Mortal Online Exodus today? You go to space.

It's suppose to be a 3rd developer and all that, but it's like Mortal Online set in space. in the future, so Ohgmir and poo poo go up in spaceships to colonize space.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Star Vault: Mortal Online II is in such bad shape that we are currently not charging a monthly subscription fee until we can get it fixed

Also Star Vault: so we're working on another MMO

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
Can't believe the pivot to space. Dude is on some heavy heavy poo poo

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
It's absolutely insane. Henrik has completely lost it.

If you are curious, go check out the Mortal Online stream when he announces it and read the chat responses when it's revealed. Watch Henriks face. He knows he's hosed up, bad, and it shows in his face and speech. The Discord, Reddit and other streamers chats are just going off on him (rightfully so).

Someone in Jonahs chat mentioned that SV stock went up roughly 20% yesterday and then went down roughly 20% today. My reaction was: what?! Starvault has stock?! But I'm also wondering why it went up after that announcement.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Do they have other more valuable things they make? This game has to pull in like a couple hundred thousand a year, tops, right?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

30.5 Days posted:

Do they have other more valuable things they make? This game has to pull in like a couple hundred thousand a year, tops, right?

Mortal Online 1

That game was a cash cow moooo..

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

30.5 Days posted:

No, they partially funded by the government through grants and stuff. Because they don't like in a capitalist hellscape country like America.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
They received some grant through Epic Games too. Not sure how much, but the Epic Games grant fund is pretty big. They could have gotten 50k or 500k.

People say they sold 800k copies, which to me is unbelievable. But apparently that's what it says on various steam trackers. I think it's just Henrik talking up his game, because he is one of the biggest con men in gaming. Some people have purchased upwards of 10 accounts though. I played with a guy who had 7 characters, one for basically each specialization in crafting, so people with 10 accounts isn't unbelivable.

But if 800k is true, why does this game only have like 1-2k players at prime time? Even if some of those players are people on 1 of their multiple accounts, if 800k copies were sold, you'd expect quite a bit more people. It actually looks way worse if you did sell 800k and now only have this many players, because boy did you botch the launch. You could have been rich.

Henrik also says there are like 40+ employees at Starvault, but we've found out he includes his contractors as employees and they could only work once a month or whatever, but he still counts them.

Basically Henrik just talks him and his company up quite a bit.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

ShowTime posted:

But if 800k is true, why does this game only have like 1-2k players at prime time?

Because games like this are only fun until they're "figured out". Once everything is figured out and there's an objectively optimal method of achieving every objective these games lose a lot of their appeal. Generally games like this therefore use some form of seasons where they generate a new world and/or otherwise wipe progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

SweetBro posted:

No, they partially funded by the government through grants and stuff. Because they don't like in a capitalist hellscape country like America.

if you buy their new game you get to escape to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by capitalism