Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I only played 4 new games I would consider good, I consumed too many comfort games (that I already played and rated last year and older) and Trash I Thought Would Be Good.

5. Cyberpunk 2077
My game of the year 2020, I played another 50 hours or so this year and still loved it like last time. Would have been higher with DLC or an expansion, maybe next year.

4. Gloomhaven
Very tightly designed turnbased tactics game with a bare bones rpg overworld. Massive amounts of gaming, still playing it. One biggest draw for me: it's its own thing, no IP tie in or remake or stuff.

3. Forza Horizon 5
Perfect balance between an arcade and sim racer, georgeous graphics, buggy multiplayer, great music selections. But came out too late in the year to make GOTY and won't be either next year too.

2. Hitman 3
Same great formula since 2016, always top ten.

Would be GOTY if it had more levels, the formula gets shaken up with gimmicks that actually reduce replayability for me. This version would have been ripe for mod support, but alas everything is online only.

1. Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Even with lots of bugs and a boring strategy part, this RPG delivers exactly what I want from a game. Great NPCs, power fantasies, fan service, speculative fiction, insanely complex character system, vastly different playthroughs (6+) and some very hard challenges, extensive mod support. Giving you the choice to switch on the fly from turn-based to real-time is genius.

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Dec 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU