Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
10)

Sudoku (Android app)

If we go by hours spent in a game, this is by a decent clip my #1. I've solved over 2,000 Sudoku puzzles over the past year, because it's a relaxing thing to do while monitoring my work. Honestly it's mostly here because I didn't think any of the other games I played this year deserve a spot on the list lmao.

9)

Dark Deity

A love letter to GBA Fire Emblem. I played this in the completely broken unfinished state it was in when it first came out and had a ball. I've heard it's gotten a bunch of balance updates since then, but I don't want to hear it because the busted version was super fun.

8)

Luck be a Landlord

Just one more spin, and I'll finally be able to pay off the landlord!

7)

Bowser's Fury

(Click image for source)

I played through the entirety of this game while my brother was in town. He was Mario and I was Bowser Jr. This was a fun little diversion and it was fun. It also came with some 3D Mario game or whatever.

6)

Monster Train

While Slay the Spire will always be my first love, I will say that Monster Train does a lot of stuff that makes it more versatile. While Monster train is a bit more complex than Spire, the concept of mix and match for the clans ensures that I will always have a different experience each time I play.

5)

Final Fantasy 4: Free Enterprise

Last year's #1 still scores high on my rankings this year! A combination of me burning out on it, it already being on last year's list, and other games I really liked coming out reduced its positioning this year, but I still had fun each time I played it! Especially with the addition of the wacky flags where I can have Rydia wielding two spoons, an Adamant Armor, a Ribbon, and a Heroine Robe.

4)

Mass Effect

With the Legendary Edition coming out, I finally got a chance to see what the Mass Effect games were all about. I had a ton of fun with two of them, with Commander Shepard, Commander of the Normandy. I named her Commander. Anyway I had fun with this, and now I see why people liked the game.

3)

Super Robot Wars 30

There are two types of SRW30 players. People who have accepted Ernesti Echevalier into their hearts, and people who play it wrong. I have been a massive SRW fan for years, and now that I can legally obtain a copy without paying an importer to send it from the Philippines I am happy. It's not the BEST SRW but it's very fun.

2)

Mass Effect 2

I liked Mass Effect. I loved Mass Effect 2. The game built on everything set up by 1, without going so far up its own rear end that it came out the other side (looking at you, 3). I liked the characters of 2 the best of the 3 games. Jack is the best and I will hear no different opinions.

1)

Gnosia

Raqio, my beloved. If nobody got me I know they don't got me either, can I get an amen? I love Mafia, but I hate other people, so Gnosia is a game made for me. The day I bought this game, I spent 6 hours just playing it, only turning it off when I was informed I was on loop 70. I have 100%ed the game and still sometimes I go back and play a round just to waste 15 minutes. Gnosia is great, and now it's on steam! Give it a shot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I mean he does also come off as a gay "alien enthusiast" yes.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Congrats to Endwalker fans! I'm glad you all liked your new expansion!