Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

7: Arknights
This was on my list last year, it's still pretty fun and I'm looking forward to the new events and gameplay mechanics in the future (and new ways to bilk me out of gacha money).

6: The Great Ace Attorney
This would be higher up but I haven't gotten past case 1-3, sorry! I liked what I had played of it so far though and it definitely has potential to be one of my fav AAs.

5: Final Fantasy XI
During XIV's inter-patch lull days I decided to get back into FFXI. Armed with a controller and a ton of addons I found myself getting into the storylines (and the grind) which, while not presented as well as XIV's thanks to its ancient engine, were pretty decent. I managed to finish most of the major storylines so I'd like to think that I've seen enough to make a call, but there's still a few that I haven't, along with experiencing the endgame hellgrinds which I'm told are particularly terrible.

4: Trails in the Sky FC
I'm pretty late to this game, but hey, it's the first single player JRPG that I actually completed in a long time, and I wasn't bored at all doing it. It was fun just going around on adventures with the crew, and I enjoyed the combat system. Having read the completionist LPs of FC, SC and 3rd a long time ago, I was vaguely aware of major plot points, but I had forgotten enough that I didn't really mind going into it knowing the main twists. Still had fun!

3: Oldschool Runescape
I'm an MMO junkie, and Runescape was pretty much [i]the[/t] MMO that put me down this path back when I was a kid. Usually when I get a hankering to go back to Runescape I go to my account in the modern version, but after watching a bunch of OSRS youtube videos I decided to try out something new and fresh and went with OSRS as an Ironman account (can't trade with other players). It's certainly been interesting learning common Ironman strats and also doing quests which I haven't done in years. I play it whenever I have free time and it's quite nice and chill, making numbers go up.

2: Hades
I played this early in the year after seeing all the hype in last year's thread and I wasn't disappointed. I was doing a run a day or so up until I got to the end credits. I haven't played since then but one day I'll like to get back to it and get the true ending. Also, my favourite weapon is the Hera bow. Getting the Artemis legendary boon with it along with a bunch of other +bloodstone buffs means that you basically have a bunker buster in your bow.

1: Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker
I walked to the end and I loved every goddamn second of it. The tears, the joys, the drama, all of it. I've been an XIV junkie for a long time (since the end of Heavensward) and man, Endwalker managed to bring everything I love about it to a satisfying close. Also, the gameplay is still great, with my job of choice (Paladin) staying solid with some fun new rotation tricks, and the fights are great too. Music as usual is legendary. I'm looking forward to new adventures in the patches to come. Until then, I will give you some reasonably spoiler-free out-of-context screenshots of my catgirl Warrior of Light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Runa posted:

Oh god I realize now that I have so much to say about FF14 that the full version might not be really appropriate for a goty ranking thread

Do it so that the rest of us in the 14 camp don't have to.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Barudak posted:

If you don't do it, I will post all the things I don't like about FF14 2.0, so unless you want an insanely bad post in this very good thread you're gonna post your reasons for liking 14.

I already did on page 3, I was being rhetorical :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

TBH I don't think many of the current players in 6.0 would want to go back to 2.0 in terms of game mechanics and fight design etc. Unless you meant 2.0 in a more general sense rather than the literal patch 2.0.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

This does not entice me! :)

Yeah it would be cooler if they were more branching and developed but when you've seen them a bunch of times already doing your daily dungeon roulettes it will get old. I guess that's an MMO design constraint downside. They do pump up the spectacle for them at least so at least it looks cool.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I should get back to OSRS, I started playing it during the pre-Endwalker lull but haven't done much with it since EW launch outside of the Christmas event.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

i forgot to include it in my graphics but these are the games on my list that are on Gamepass if you want to give them a try:

Psychonauts, Recompile, Flynn: Son of Crimson, Unpacking, The Gunk, Unsighted, The Forgotten City, Subnautica: Below Zero, Echo Generation, Backbone, Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth, Mind Scanners, Last Stop, The Good Life, Mighty Goose, Library of Ruina, Omno, Boyfriend Dungeon, Halo Infinite, Moonglow Bay, Scarlet Nexus

and this was my favorite video game track of 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux3HGFb2HTg

followed by

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQjUHtkN7MU

Thanks, I didn't know about Unbeatable until now so I gave it a whirl and had a lot of fun.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Oh sweet, I got quoted. Please hit me up with an Endwalker probe with this gif:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

adhuin posted:

Technical term for these people is 'Poopsockers'.

I mean there wasn't even any good endgame waiting for them. That came after couple of weeks with first tier of raids.

Dunno bout you but I binged it because I liked the story.