Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

10. The Binding of Isaac: Repentance
Repulsive art direction combined with lousy game design; Isaac should not be good. And yet, it remains one of my most played Steam games. When it clicks, it really clicks. And you can mod around the dumb stuff.

9. Monster Hunter World
I just really like fighting dinosaurs with my battle cat buddy. It’s not a perfect game though, I’m hoping I’ll like Rise even more.

8. Baba is You
Got it in a massive itch.io bundle, then rebought the mobile port. It’s a perfect phone game.

7. Aleste Collection
Compile remains the king of the console shmup. Their game-feel is tremendously nostalgic for me and I’m really hoping M2 gets around to more of their catalogue next year. Super Aleste, MUSHA, Zanac Neo, Guardian Legend, etc..

6. Tales of Berseria
What if Berserk was a shonen anime? I picked this up after I remembered liking Symphonia back in the Gamecube glory days. Definitely worth it.

5. Control
Prey meets Deadly Premonition with some Parasite Eve sprinkled on top. Control is exactly as awesome as it sounds, and it holds the special honor of being a finished game atop my pile of unplayed Epic Store junk.

4. Capcom Arcade Stadium
There’s shmup gold in here: Varth, Progear, Giga Wing, all the 1900’s... give us Mars Matrix now, Capcom.

3. Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut
Grabbed this for pennies in a Fanatical bundle. Real talk: the PC port is so bad that I gave up in episode 2 and youtube’d the rest of the game. However, what I played and saw is very special: Twin Peaks, Resident Evil 4, and a healthy amount of jank. Can’t wait for the sequel to hit Steam.

2. Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade
M2 presents Taito at the height of their powers. Get this on a big ol’ widescreen with some subwoofers and the lights off. Pounding, psychedelic space rock. It’s a trip.

1. Jupiter Hell
I liked it so much, I made the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

every 13 Sentinels list is a good list :haibrow:

The Switch voter block is going to push it even higher next year