Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Is there a FF14 movie or recommended let’s play or something? Every year this thread makes me very sad because I will never be able to find the time to experience this game as it should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Sir Dingleby Dapper posted:

Just realize if you start your life will get sucked away and you won't play any other games. At least that's my experience!

Can you actually start or are new people still locked out to save the servers?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Life made gaming difficult this year but I can at least cobble together a top 5 list, mainly because I don’t think I’ve seen my top game on any list yet.

Honorables: Yakuza Like a Dragon, Subnautica, Gnosia, Monster Hunter Rise

5. Doom Eternal - This is a hard and mentally exhausting game to play but the highs are higher than doom 2016. I haven’t felt as in the zone with a game since Furi.

4. Forgotten City - I’m not quite done with this yet but it’s really cool and I wouldn’t have known about it had it not been for this thread. I love me some time loops and this one knocks it out.

3. Ori and the will of the wisps - I didn’t like the first ori but holy poo poo they vastly improved on everything for the sequel. It’s one of the best metroidvanias ever made. Hot take: the controls are even better than dread

2. Metroid Dread - Enough words have been said on this game by now. I almost put Ori 2 in front of this but Metroid is still king. Lives up to all expectations.

1. Car mechanic simulator 2021 - This was unexpected, to say the least. I don't care about cars or simulators and yet this game consumed my brain for a solid month. I even watched videos of people playing this poo poo for background noise. It’s one of the most oddly relaxing and addicting games I’ve ever played.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Post your favourite 2021 game music!

Pick a random track from streets of rage 4

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Endwalker might have a longer runtime than the rest of the top 20 combined, unless someone spends 300 hours on monster hunter rise