Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Dictator. posted:

Hope so. Just bought an ICE, but my next car will probably be electric. Infrastructure over here is pretty good already.

If Rivian ever successfully releases anything, I'd love one of those.

Saw a Polestar the other day, would also consider that.

And a Lucid Air if I had gently caress you money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

what, you don't want to spend $100k+ on a car with the build quality of an early 2000's Chevy econobox?

when your vehicle isn't generating thousands of tiny explosions every minute you can get away with lovely build quality and it'll still feel like a luxury car compared to most other ICE vehicles

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

MustardFacial posted:

Please be sure to include the following in the OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43HCYSXZ9GI

We can not forget De Leeuw

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Sab0921 posted:

I really hope Lewis' tattoo below is neck says Beyonce.

Powerful Beyond Measure

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

what, you don't want to spend $100k+ on a car with the build quality of an early 2000's Chevy econobox?

Imagine spending $100k+ on a car and having it not be an LC500.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Powerful Beyond Measure

it actually says bono my tyres are beyond gone

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Lewis looking very stylish
That's a nice red jacket and pair of red trousers.

For a clown to wear.

To the '90s.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

italian quid posted:

Musk is making a lot of really stupid decisions like trying to go it alone on charging and refusing to put lidar in his cars that make sense right now but I suspect are going to terminally gently caress him 5 years down the road when everyone starts rolling out their second generation EVs with all that stuff more tightly integrated.

It will never stop being hilarious that the Musk cultists genuinely think Tesla is 15 years ahead of the competition when in actual fact Tesla will likely be rendered immediately irrelevant in the next few years as the major auto manufacturers go all-in on EVs.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

FAUXTON posted:

it actually says bono my tyres are beyond gone

Ah yes sorry about my typo there.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sombrerotron posted:

That's a nice red jacket and pair of red trousers.

For a clown to wear.

To the '90s.

a red team utterly loving dominated in the 90s, just not in F1

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

your friend wicka posted:

It will never stop being hilarious that the Musk cultists genuinely think Tesla is 15 years ahead of the competition when in actual fact Tesla will likely be rendered immediately irrelevant in the next few years as the major auto manufacturers go all-in on EVs.

Musk had 1 genuinely good idea with Tesla and that was to go the Apple iPhone antenna gate model and just very aggressively avoid actually ever having to physically fix anything and just do everything through OTA updates, VW and I think GM seem to have both caught on to the fact that the OTA updates is what really makes Tesla competitive and not anything else.

Its debatable what happens to Tesla once the manufacturers start pumping out EVs en masse. I think the correct thing for them to do would be to just sell that OTA infrastructure to smaller automakers, but I doubt Elon's ego is gonna allow that so probably it'll just bleed out until he gets forced out.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

also for the record I think the Apple car is a dumb idea and that they probably should just develop the core OTA updates and battery management tech then license it out but I doubt Tim Apple is gonna pass up an opportunity to add to the ecosystem so 🤷🏼‍♂️

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Is he self aware enough to realise that most people in the paddock will be muttering to each other after glancing his way 'what a cock'?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Tesla's also have the best efficiency rating in terms of Wh/km it's ridiculous.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Just made a bet with eldest child.

If Hulk gets a podium I have to make profiteroles.
If Hulk's in a podium position but then crashes out eldest has to make a (late) xmas cake.

I'm on a sure-fire winner, really.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

EngineerJoe posted:

Tesla's also have the best efficiency rating in terms of Wh/km it's ridiculous.

See my point re: OTA updates.

when you can collect back data constantly you can optimise for that poo poo and the other automakers just haven't built out that ability yet.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Musk is what happens when you give a redditor billions of dollars in personal wealth. Truly the greatest stain on humanity, after the exclusion of Michael Schumacher from the 1997 world championship.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Clarence posted:

Just made a bet with eldest child.

If Hulk gets a podium I have to make profiteroles.
If Hulk's in a podium position but then crashes out eldest has to make a (late) xmas cake.

I'm on a sure-fire winner, really.

Ok but what happens if neither happen?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I think we will see lots of mechanical retirements

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Theophany posted:

Musk is what happens when you give a redditor billions of dollars in personal wealth. Truly the greatest stain on humanity, after the exclusion of Michael Schumacher from the 1997 world championship.

should've been excluded in 94 as well

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lewis has a thing in his contract where he can wear what he likes now, and he's been using it to only wear stuff made by young black designers.

:colbert:

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ok but what happens if neither happen?

But it's Hulkenberg?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i'm not a lewis fan but he has great fits

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

the paradigm shift posted:

should've been excluded in 94 as well

Yes but he wasn't driving for Ferrari so I don't care.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm only posting in the new thread if it contains lots of Italian passion 🤌🍝

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Saw a BMW iX3 today that I only realised was electric because of the green tag on its plate. Was intrigued enough to look up how much it cost.

£61,000 for the base model. Get the gently caress out of here like it's the end of 2009, BMW.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Now look up how much it can tow, :rubby:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Is he self aware enough to realise that most people in the paddock will be muttering to each other after glancing his way 'what a cock'?

sounds racist op

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I can't see his dick in the photo, op?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ArmZ posted:

i'm not a lewis fan but he has great fits

max has great fits too

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Max seems like the kind of driver who has never bought his own clothes

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Max seems like the kind of academy driver who'd take your seat, gently caress your girlfriend and adopt your daughter.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Theophany posted:

Max seems like the kind of academy driver who'd take your seat, gently caress your girlfriend and adopt your daughter.

That seems incredibly kind of him.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

max has great fits too

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Somebody make the new thread already.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

marshalljim posted:

Somebody make the new thread already.

Well, I found this one: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3987649

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

italian quid posted:

also for the record I think the Apple car is a dumb idea and that they probably should just develop the core OTA updates and battery management tech then license it out but I doubt Tim Apple is gonna pass up an opportunity to add to the ecosystem so 🤷🏼‍♂️

I refuse to believe Apple is genuinely going to build and sell an entire car, it makes no sense from any perspective.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

track day bro save us with an op

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

FAUXTON posted:

max has great fits too

He fits perfectly in a bin with the rest of the garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ilmucche posted:

track day bro save us with an op

It's been 15 years, I'm not gonna post better just because someone creates a new thread