Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

boxcarhobo posted:

who is the best im new

The all time greatest Grand Prix drivers are Niki Lauda, Pastor Maldonado, Jolyon "Big Jo" Palmer, Charles "Big Chuck" Leclerc, and Carlos "Big Carl" Sainz Jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Prediction: FIA cancels their Netflix contract prematurely to avoid a 10 episode teardown

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Screw you all, see you in late February

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

boxcarhobo posted:

who is the best im new

Lance stroll

He doesn't finish well because his dad owns a team with bad cars, and are Lance drives the cars so his dad doesn't feel bad instead of taking what must be dozens of yearly offers from teams with faster cars.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

This thread full of idiots is going to have a complete meltdown when Netflix doesn't cover the unlap drama because it's boring as poo poo when they can instead talk about and show how the WDC was decided on the last lap of the last race and included an exciting pass, and multiple sections of wheel to wheel racing.

"The NBA Finals were a complete farce, the eurostep is actually a travel under official NBA rules! Why is nobody talking about this?!"

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

so does alex albon get a championship ring like the bench players who get traded midseason for role players or what

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

the best driver is max verstappen, what the gently caress do you think they did all this racing for

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I am very sad I never quite caught up yesterday to post at the end of the worst season.

Next year will be better and the glorious scud will rise again

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

This thread full of idiots is going to have a complete meltdown when Netflix doesn't cover the unlap drama because it's boring as poo poo when they can instead talk about and show how the WDC was decided on the last lap of the last race and included an exciting pass, and multiple sections of wheel to wheel racing.

"The NBA Finals were a complete farce, the eurostep is actually a travel under official NBA rules! Why is nobody talking about this?!"

If past seasons are any indicator, netflix doesnt give a poo poo about on track besides taking radio out of context/race to manufacture drama. DTS isnt about racing lol

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Pretty sad to see all these Merc fans start to identify with Trump supporters

#StopTheSteal
#MakeAMGGreatAgain

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
"From the day of his birth, articles were written saying that Max Emilian Verstappen would become Formula 1 world champion."

Uh-huh. So from literally the first day of his life, the son of failed F1 driver and domestic abuser Jos Verstappen was being vaunted in the press as a future world champion? Who wrote them, loving Nostradamus? Are there similar bet-hedging articles about Mick and David Schumacher or Alex Brundle?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Despite the tight championship battle, the Netflix series will be 7 episodes about Haas and Alfa. The remaining 3 will be about Danny Ric's win and getting to drive the NASCAR. We have precedent - for the first season, you'd have barely known Ferrari and Mercedes had a half season long competition for the top spot.

At the end they'll be like oh yeah Max and Lewis did this thing, it's fine I guess, Max won. Fin.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

gonna learn how to make pizza on a baking steel. see you all at test time.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Payndz posted:

"From the day of his birth, articles were written saying that Max Emilian Verstappen would become Formula 1 world champion."

Uh-huh. So from literally the first day of his life, the son of failed F1 driver and domestic abuser Jos Verstappen was being vaunted in the press as a future world champion? Who wrote them, loving Nostradamus? Are there similar bet-hedging articles about Mick and David Schumacher or Alex Brundle?

I found the problem

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
Everyone is expecting Mclaren, Alpine, and Ferrari to rub shoulders with RB and Merc, who will be the most disappointed? (Sorry in advance scud buds)

Haas will score points next year. Witness.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

What does Scud mean?

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
#NotMyChampion

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Immolat1on posted:

Everyone is expecting Mclaren, Alpine, and Ferrari to rub shoulders with RB and Merc, who will be the most disappointed? (Sorry in advance scud buds)

Uralkali will score points next year. Witness.
fixed

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

An insane mind posted:

What does Scud mean?

It's slang for when you cheat and still lose

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

An insane mind posted:

What does Scud mean?

Scuderia Ferrari S.p.A. (Italian: [skudeˈriːa ferˈraːri]) is the racing division of luxury Italian auto manufacturer Ferrari and the racing team that competes in Formula One racing.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

McLaren are poo poo.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
McLaren have been treading water.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

An insane mind posted:

What does Scud mean?

i think its italian for Scum

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The all time greatest Grand Prix drivers are Niki Lauda, Pastor Maldonado, Jolyon "Big Jo" Palmer, Charles "Big Chuck" Leclerc, and Carlos "Big Carl" Sainz Jr.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Ricciardo is not championship material.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

He's a great middle fielder who puts in 2-3 fantastic races a year, hard to see him stringing anything meaningful together

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Horrific anti-McLaren bias ITT

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Quizzlefish posted:

It's slang for when you cheat and still lose

I think I'll go with this one.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I don’t have a lot a sympathy for McLaren. After lots of hype they still have as many wins in this era as the Honda B-Team.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
gently caress you Toto Wolff and mercedes

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

An insane mind posted:

What does Scud mean?

i got you

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
"scud" is like "chud"

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Please change the thread tag to something more accurate

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
The wife and I went to the Christmas Market last night with another couple. The husband was showing me his Apple Watch and it honestly looked pretty poo poo until he said if you are wearing an Apple Watch then face unlock will work on your iPhone if you’re wearing a mask.

This is a feature so useful I briefly considered getting one.

I hope this helps your decision quid.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Dec 13, 2021

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Frond posted:

hes the champion of my heart though

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Please change the thread tag to something more accurate

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I recently ditched my Apple Watch for a Garmin watch because Apple’s fitness features suck and the battery life is miserable

The only thing I miss is the ability to scream text messages at it while I ride my bike and the face unlock with a mask

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

New thread, I have an announcement.

I put a hiatus on 25 years of Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow Marlboro Red Racing fandom when Binotto's bin men came along. I instead became a fan of the Honda power unit.
Now that Honda have pulled out I hereby announce Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow Marlboro Red Racing are the best team again.

Hopefully my boy Max wears red one day to make this dichotomy easier.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

To get through the off-season you can watch original maker of barrels on his journey to Le Mans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpqEReJ69II

If you are rich you can watch the Alonso doc on Amazon Prime.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

during that final lap, filipe massa sat somewhere with tented fingers, smirking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Thank you for your Apple Watch input. What's the opinion on the hot air fryer to get