Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Khablam posted:

New thread, I have an announcement.

I put a hiatus on 25 years of Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow Marlboro Red Racing when Binotto's bin men came along. I instead became a fan of the Honda power unit.
Now that Honda have pulled out I hereby announce Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow Marlboro Red Racing are the best team again.

Hopefully my boy Max wears red one day to make this dichotomy easier.

Welcome back, OP. I think it's going to be a great season to be a ScudPoster #MissionWinnow #essereFerrari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

italian quid posted:

Thank you for your Apple Watch input. What's the opinion on the hot air fryer to get

Tefal, OP

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Payndz posted:

"From the day of his birth, articles were written saying that Max Emilian Verstappen would become Formula 1 world champion."

Uh-huh. So from literally the first day of his life, the son of failed F1 driver and domestic abuser Jos Verstappen was being vaunted in the press as a future world champion? Who wrote them, loving Nostradamus? Are there similar bet-hedging articles about Mick and David Schumacher or Alex Brundle?

I didn't know Max Verstappen grew up in such horrific circumstances. Not a fan of his driving but #chills

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

MustardFacial posted:

The wife and I went to the Christmas Market last night with another couple. The husband was showing me his Apple Watch and it honestly looked pretty shot until he said if you are wearing an Apple Watch then face unlock will work on your iPhone if you’re wearing a mask.

This is a feature so useful I briefly considered getting one.

I hope this helps your decision quid.

It is insanely helpful

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
What was everyone's top 5 races of the 2021 season?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I refuse to air fry I will eat the greasy food and enjoy it and my heart problems tyvm

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Please change the thread tag to something more accurate

lol there. better?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

So was Haas really the best / only option for Mick Schumacher? Because it doesn’t feel like that was a super valuable year for his career.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

if I see someone out in public wearing any smart watch, but especially an apple watch, I write them off in my head as a dumb fool so be warned OP

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

smackfu posted:

So was Haas really the best / only option for Mick Schumacher? Because it doesn’t feel like that was a super valuable year for his career.

He destroyed his teammate that’s all that matters when you’re in the worst car on the grid. Mick will probably get sainz’s Ferrari seat is my guess he’s still like 12 years old so he has some time

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Immolat1on posted:

What was everyone's top 5 races of the 2021 season?

• Monza
  • Monza
  • Monza
  • Monza
  • Monza

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

ethanol posted:

He destroyed his teammate that’s all that matters when you’re in the worst car on the grid. Mick will probably get sainz’s Ferrari seat is my guess he’s still like 12 years old so he has some time
He's also a Ferrari Academy Driver and there are only two spots on the actual Ferrari team... Haas has Ferrari engines, soo...

I'm more upset about him having a sexual predator as a teammate than the dogshit car.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Now that we've established that Max is the WDC, we can move on to far more important topics: Cast iron is bad for cooking. Confirm/Deny?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

italian quid posted:

Thank you for your Apple Watch input. What's the opinion on the hot air fryer to get

If you don't care about capacity, then the wirecutter says some Philips one is the best to get. I'm looking at the Ninja one because it is much bigger and has multiple compartments to airfry different things at the same time. Waiting for Boxing Day sales though.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

if I see someone out in public wearing any smart watch, but especially an apple watch, I write them off in my head as a dumb fool so be warned OP

I wear a Garmin watch for golf. It is incredibly helpful.

Now that the WDC is $Not_Lewis, I can go back to being a fan of McLaren and future multiple WDC champion: Lando Norris. With Danny Ric getting one in there as well a-la Nico Rosberg in 2016.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Max is living proof that sometimes abuse works (disclaimer: do not try at home)

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

TrueChaos posted:

Now that we've established that Max is the WDC, we can move on to far more important topics: Cast iron is bad for cooking. Confirm/Deny?
It’s neither particularly good nor bad for cooking, but being an evangelist makes you part of the problem.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ethanol posted:

He also got to Q2 once which might be the actually most impressive feat of any driver all season.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Pragmatica posted:

lol there. better?

Im very triggered but I can’t say it’s inaccurate

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Yo, OP. Don't forget the discord link to the Goon cast iron and air fryer discussion server (also racing).

https://discord.com/invite/yPHASxB

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Slickdrac posted:

Yo, OP. Don't forget the discord link to the Goon cast iron and air fryer discussion server (also racing).

https://discord.com/invite/yPHASxB

The discord is heavily Lewis-biased. Be warned.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Max is WDC lol

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

MustardFacial posted:

The discord is heavily Lewis-biased. Be warned.

Max fans are really showing their true colors. Can't even win with grace like Sir Lewis in defeat.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

ilmucche posted:

MAX MAX MAX
SUPER
MAX MAX
SUPER SUPER
MAX MAX MAX
SUPER
MAX MAX
SUPER SUPER
MAX MAX MAX
SUPER
MAX MAX
SUPER SUPER
MAX MAX MAX
SUPER
MAX MAX

Wanted to make sure this page isn't missing this post

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
There is a joy in saying Big Valt that no one can take away from me.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

net work error posted:

Max fans are really showing their true colors. Can't even win with grace like Sir Lewis in defeat.

I ate a 6 hour probe in the discord yesterday for saying Mercedes hosed up the strategy. This was apparently considered "trolling".

"Well yeah Masi made up his own rules to screw Lewis out of the WDC...." was a comment made literally 20 mins ago in the discord.

It has been 24 hours since max won and there is still a lot of gnashing of teeth, many of the lewis shills that got banned yesterday from their toxx's are now in the discord.

Not to say that it's not a good place, I still go there on the reg but for any new people just be prepared for what you're walking into.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 13, 2021

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Phwoar, sounds like a correct and good chat

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I didn't know Max Verstappen grew up in such horrific circumstances.
Rude to talk about Belgium like that

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Gonna start posting here for 2022, bookmark post.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

I ate a 6 hour probe in the discord yesterday for saying Mercedes hosed up the strategy. This was apparently considered "trolling".

lol owned

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

reminder that

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

ethanol posted:

lol owned

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Welcome back, OP. I think it's going to be a great season to be a ScudPoster #MissionWinnow #essereFerrari

They are dropping mission winnow iirc

Anyway Max champ, Lewis is awesome, Checoooo

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
congrats to max, lol at the upset nonces in britain media

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

the famous dutch lion

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Lol this fraud even stole Ser Lewis' lion

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I still don't get why there's a Dutch lion. I'm dutch and I don't get it. We're a swamp, under sea-level, and we have a lion.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

An insane mind posted:

I still don't get why there's a Dutch lion. I'm dutch and I don't get it. We're a swamp, under sea-level, and we have a lion.

It's hard to make a compelling icon out of a tablet of MDMA.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

MustardFacial posted:

"Well yeah Masi made up his own rules to screw Lewis out of the WDC...." was a comment made literally 20 mins ago in the discord.

It has been 24 hours since max won and there is still a lot of gnashing of teeth, many of the lewis shills that got banned yesterday from their toxx's are now in the discord.

Not to say that it's not a good place, I still go there on the reg but for any new people just be prepared for what you're walking into.

lmao you got a 6 hour probe because you were just saying "u mad" a lot

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

An insane mind posted:

it represents the proud dutch tradition of stealing from africa or persons of african descent (i.e. this championship)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

MustardFacial posted:

It's hard to make a compelling icon out of a tablet of MDMA.

disagree