Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

GaG has been a mod of BYOB since like 1976 or something, and I for one feel like he sets the model for a caring and generally all-around nice goon.

Here are some GaG facts I know:

• Has been a mod of BYOB since like 1976
  • Had nachos yesterday
  • Runs a sig gallery thread every season, which is pretty cool
  • Can stand up on only one leg
  • Has something nice to say about every forum, including FYAD
  • Opened at least four (4) threads that are now in the goldmine, which is more than I have
  • Probably has a pretty badass jacket that you'd covet if you ever saw it
  • When I rejoined BYOB, sent me a sexy snail pic
  • Knows every digit of pi, just not in order

Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for being a cool dude and helping keep BYOB the chillest zone on the world wide web!

:patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Let's not forget the fact that GaG also invented air, and that's important.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

cruft

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Let's not forget the fact that GaG also invented air, and that's important.

Transitively, one must assume given the av, that GaG also invented farts.

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

cruft posted:

• Has something nice to say about every forum, including FYAD

strewth, and much as I love those sig galleries for cataloguing the amazing talents in this sub, this is what takes true grit

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Manifisto

from ants to toxins to lots of stuff about consciousness and intelligence, there is so much I have learned about from our fearless leader! seriously he puts so much thought and love into moderating this place, it is fantastic. and he provided me with a very special exoskeleton (from hector) that has pride of place on my bookshelf, that cannot be understated. on a strict amount-of-exoskeletons-provided metric, he is far and away the best moderator this place has ever known, and he does pretty well on the other metrics too!

ty nesamdoom!

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
While most choose a mean username like Goons Suck! or GetFreakedGoons GaG rebelled and chose a wholesome one. There is bravery and strength in that name.

Bright Bart

Also the name doesn't mean something casual like that posters on the forum are pretty neat but that inside each and every one of us lies the potential for truly remarkable feats. It's a declaration of utter awe as much as a platitude.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
make Goons Great again :chud:

haha j/k. GaG is our stalwart defender and thank yob 4 him

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

biosterous

cruft posted:

• Knows every digit of pi, just not in order

hi this joke slew both me and my spouse for like five minutes :yayclod:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

GaG sent me a postcard and it was lovely and made me smile a lot and it's on my shelf where i see it every day and it still makes me smile a lot

gallery of sigs

he/him

Bright Bart

biosterous posted:

hi this joke slew both me and my spouse for like five minutes :yayclod:

Look at this orb. With their spouse. I have no spouse. Not even a house. Do I at least own a grouse? Nope. Not even Famous Grouse.

And they say goons are great...

Ass-penny

biosterous posted:

GaG sent me a postcard and it was lovely and made me smile a lot and it's on my shelf where i see it every day and it still makes me smile a lot

oh my god I should display the card he sent me. GaG is one of my favorite posters hands down. I can't believe how young he is too. How do young people learn about this fuckin site? Does anyone know? I guess the secret is being extremely online as the people say???

Anyways I've been calling him my forums dad. I haven't talked to him about it or anything, but he's clearly the the captain of our ship here, and after over a decade of having an account, and probably another 6-7 lurking, this is the first place on SA I felt really comfortable posting. Admittedly when I joined I mostly lurked, because SA is the forum That Will Ban You. When I came back late 19-early 20 I found the BYOB spaceship in Pet Island of all places and this place is the most unique corner of the internet I have ever been to. Thanks for being here everyone. :glomp:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Goons Are Gifts

oh no I can't deal with positive words, quickly someone post something mean before the other forums see this!

Bright Bart

Goons Are Great posted:

oh no I can't deal with positive words, quickly someone post something mean before the other forums see this!

Won't post mean things about others that's too mean I'll just call myself a dumb stinkyhead.

astral

Goons Are Great posted:

It's too late; I'm on the line with another forum Right Now letting them know how great you are.
:phoneb::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phone:

astral

Oh...they already knew that.

Fleta Mcgurn

Porpoise noise continues.
GaG stays crunchy, even in milk!

GaG knows the secret recipe for Coca-Cola.

GaG will never need to use a penis pump for any reason.

alnilam

GaG does not make me gag

GaG would have eaten the eggs

GaG even makes julienne fries

ty manifisto

Elmnt80

GaG is my mod postin buddy. I don't think he knows this.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

One time GaG made tacos

Ass-penny

GaG found the close-est approximation of a White Claw he could and drank it.

alnilam

His endeavors related to the best food and the worst drink are legendary

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
he has issued very few GaG orders

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I have heard that GaG smells faintly of cinnamon

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great, more like A Great Goon

gottem

by which i mean GAG is a really wonderful mod and poster and just all round good egg - he made me feel welcome to the yob when i was completely new to posting on SA and politely ignroed the fact that i am a huge australian idiot. ilu GAG and am sorry i didn't get ur postcard because the australian postal system apparently works on the model of spinning a giant wheel to see where your letters turn up

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

GaG is a good friend and a major influence on my recent turn toward trying to be a better person. He's put up with my dumb poo poo including all of my stupid meltdowns and fears and hopes and dreams and yet he still persists, watching and waiting and eating of the nachos to ensure that he becomes swole and full of iron and vitamins. He went on a spiritual journey to not only make tacos, but to GET tacos. He is the arbiter of butts. He tells jokes that are so wholesome my dad goes "dang what a handsome guy" when I read them to him.

I would buy GaG an account but he already has one. That's how much I like him. What a handsome guy.

GaG is indirectly responsible for me having this real good guy in my life making me real happy and for that I will never forgive him/be able to repay him.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

alnilam posted:

His endeavors related to the best food and the worst drink are legendary

Areola Grande posted:

he has issued very few GaG orders

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Fun facts:
    GaG is the only person to jump 15 monster trucks in a school bus.
    The term Sharking the Jump refers to the time GaG jumped over Henry Winkler, a boat, and a ramp while riding a shark.
    GaG parachuted from the ground into a plane

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

alnilam posted:

GaG even makes julienne fries

Lol, I got that reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd7aik82JyA

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
GAG got us lots of new smilies for free. :geoduck: :butts:
We need to find a way to smuggle high quality tacos and burriots to GAG.

alnilam

While that was the first time i heard it as a kid, that line in Aladdin was itself a reference to an infamous Ron Popiel infomercial.

Twenty Four

Manifisto posted:

, he is far and away the best moderator this place has ever known

Amazing people all around, I will never pick a favorite, as everyone that reads this is my friend and I love you all! (yeah, you read this, so, you're great!)

Goons Are Gifts

i feel like this is going to end up in another white claw challenge

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

GaG eat the nachos drink the White Claw be our friend forever

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Cardi BYOB posted:

Ass-penny

Cardi BYOB posted:

Ass-penny

Also GaG I'm going to write you another postcard because I think the postal service lost the first one, which sucks because it had a cat on it.

biosterous

Cardi BYOB posted:

gallery of sigs

he/him

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Cardi BYOB posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

Cardi BYOB posted: