Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i sometimes like reading weird trade magazines and i noticed that i kept finding UK ones way more easily than US ones. i guess it makes sense in this context. U.S. news about bean farming or whatever has mostly moved to websites by now probably???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
Yeah that's cool Future Publishing was able to turn print mags around, I just don't understand why it isn't the same in the US and other parts of Europe where the only magazines really left are like Time and Newsweek. There sure as poo poo aren't multiple video game mags or computer magazines (becaust typically nerds do everything online plus it's free and that info is out of date the second they print it). I am just mystified as to how it's still a thing in the UK.

BTW I think it's pretty cool that it's still a thing, I like paper mags. The only negative thing I guess is all the trees it uses.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
It really might be partially down to shipping costs at this point. United Kingoons can certainly tell me this is all around incorrect but I remember how everything was cheap and fast to ship around the place when I lived there, so if you can print 50,000 copies of something cheaper than ever and it still costs less to ship them than you make in advertisements then why stop?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

This motherfucker said "Maafia"