Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Huh. I just remembered that there was a remake \ "spiritual sequel with the exact same graphics" to Bak supposedly in the works for years. Probably should have mentioned it in the thread. But since no one else did, I imagine it's fairly dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Xander77 posted:

Huh. I just remembered that there was a remake \ "spiritual sequel with the exact same graphics" to Bak supposedly in the works for years. Probably should have mentioned it in the thread. But since no one else did, I imagine it's fairly dead.

https://www.callofsaregnar.com/

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Hel posted:

One at each end of his staff.
One side has a knob on the end for that very purpose.

loving "Grrrrlf" is like the one thing I remember from the manual. Definitely a very serious name for a very serious race.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

sb hermit posted:

"Off the face of Ramar" would indeed give the interaction that extra bit of Antara charm. But I guess someone didn't check the script carefully enough.
We don't say "off the face of Terra", to the extent that that's our shared name for our world.

(Though stuff like "spartan" does annoy me in fantasy settings, so who am I to argue)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Am I overthinking things, or are "the Wastes were for sure the result of mages frying each other and therefore justify any persecution (not that you see any onscreen)" and "oh yeah, we can totally see that you're the good guys and should be better at murdering" shady af?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Thanks for your sacrifice. If it wasn't for this LP, I'd def try the game again at some point.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

disposablewords posted:

The Three Musketeers' depressed Spanish cousin.

Broadly speaking, history happens as it does and there are real people around, but Alatriste is among them in a "just off-screen" way - almost literally in one book where Alatriste returns to service in the tercios (and most importantly get out of Madrid because he's on some powerful people's radars), and he's mentioned as having supposed to be in the painting Surrender at Breda but is turned away so you can't see his face. The events of his life could have happened in the interstices of history. Perez-Reverte purportedly started the series to dig in to a period that was largely glossed over as a generic good time for Spain in his daughter's classes.
Hah. I kinda glimpsed "oh, we're recommending swashbuckling novels? Guess I better mention Alatriste" before browsing down to this.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Guildenstern Mother posted:

The Johannes Cabal series is always good for some time killing. The gist of it is a necromancer is trying to get his soul back from Satan and has to steal 100 souls using a carnival. It's absolutely hilarious.
Goddamn, I hated this book so much. Totally unfunny, pure rear end in a top hat characters, and even the basic conceit - stealing souls has to be complicated - is thrown away instantly with "oh, just get people to sign any paper, they don't have to be actually told they're selling their souls".

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

Ugh, bad news on the Return to Krondor front, it seems that it may be either a difficult or uncrackable nut with regards to actually recording the drat thing.
How so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

JustJeff88 posted:

Did you read the Antara LP? This game doesn't seem nearly as horrid as that one. Damning with small praise perhaps, but still...
?
??