Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

Simply DM the Danish queen on twitter and I'm sure she'll fast track me.

I just... I'm not sure if I'm getting across how bad the game is because I'm cutting a lot of its dead space, repetitive content and bad combat. But I'm really trying to explain it without making you all sit through 200 identical screenshots of a pirate getting stabbed in the head.

Honestly, I think it really hit me when you started using auto combat. Seeing you gradually lose any desire to play this game and any faith it could get better was the real adventure. It is too bad, I think the ingredients for a good game are here. The spell learning system could have been good if the spells were less trash or getting teachers mattered more. And the side stories and random characters are pretty fun, but they clearly had no idea what to do for a story or how to make combat fun. I was initially planning to play this along with you, but the first few updates convinced me it would not be fun. Thank you for suffering for us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
I remember return to krondor being pretty fun. The main issue I had with it is that it kind of expects you to have read the book, situations where you have dialogue choices almost always have the correct choice be what was in the book. I remember somehow ending up in a situation where a cut scene during one of the last fights didn't trigger, making it unwinnable, and I think it was because I messed up a dialog tree somewhere. It also has pretty hammy voice acting, which is always fun. I think it also has a character hat shows up again in later novels, unlike poor Owyn, who is never mentioned in a Fiest novel again.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
Man, what a dumb motivation for the villain. It is literally the mad scientist from old B movies screaming about how they called him mad, but he will show them. But played completely straight, like we are supposed to care. I wonder if the game was originally going to be longer with an actual conclusion. Good luck with Return, that screenshot is bringing back all kinds of memories. Thanks for the LP, sorry this one ended up being such a drag of a game.