Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Jade Star posted:

Eh, not like the aesthetics of the new classes in a poster are going to ruin anything.

Well in that case

Kind of disappointed with the customization options for these guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sientara
May 27, 2012

Which way to the dumpster?

Um, guys this is not an Advent poster...

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The photobooth is my favourite game feature ever

Been a while since I followed a JadeLP, glad to have caught this one early.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

You know, I'm a little impressed the game has a texture for the bottom of a soldier's shoe.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Well, I made my submission.

With a cool 200+ in the pool, plus who knows how many other submissions for the special classes, I'll just have to be super stoked if mine gets recruited.

Also, I eagerly await to see how you use the new classes compared to how I did.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
I'm so happy Jade is doing this for us all. And he wants posters?

This next one uses the magic of a Recruitable Aliens mod, a mod which is in no way balanced.

And when you don't bother to inspect what the Photobooth randomly spits out, the unexpected can occur.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I feel like there is a story behind this poster;

And I feel like i know what that story is.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'm a little torn on whether to submit a character or not. My game is loving loaded with cosmetic mods and I've long since forgotten which prop is from what mod. Guess I could just reinstall with only the few core ones, but eh :effort:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Can we change the thread title to "The Commander's Field Manual to The War on Christmas", tia.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

goatface posted:

Can we change the thread title to "The Commander's Field Manual to The War on Christmas", tia.

obvious mistake, OP a rookie, can't even time units

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Pretty sure I've got a submission from last time so I look forward to being blown away as a nobody NPC or something in the near future.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Vaders Jester posted:

Pretty sure I've got a submission from last time so I look forward to being blown away as a nobody NPC or something in the near future.
Same here. I am ready to be some form of collateral damage, be it a civilian or that dude who dies because a Muton rolled a full damage crit.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Photobooth time? don't mind if I do

(I know it's supposed to be 1994)

these two are ancient from the XCOM2 thread but I also did a playthrough a while back for a discord I'm in, where I took character prompts from the people who wanted to be soldiers. It worked out well. Some of those are here because inlining is effort: https://imgur.com/a/mk3ou8h

It's not any game where Mr. Satan and HK-47 can be Level 3 Best Friends, but you can do it in XCOM 2!

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 22, 2021

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Well I can't say I was expecting this in my ADVENT calendar!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Posters? Posters!

Posters.

(I have so loving many of these)

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Little update. Spent the day getting everyone in the character pool. Will start recording soon, but Guava has like, a family, and poo poo, so commentary and real videos will likely start after Christmas.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Jesus you guys are so much better at posters than I am.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Jade Star posted:

Little update. Spent the day getting everyone in the character pool. Will start recording soon, but Guava has like, a family, and poo poo, so commentary and real videos will likely start after Christmas.
If there still is a Earth to fight for then!

Edit: is this the famous War on Christmas?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

No, it's just the Jule-y offensive.

legioN7
Jul 13, 2016
Added proper last name to request in email.

Xenav
Feb 21, 2012

After what we've seen, we're going to need more than THAT to save us...
I didn't make many posters though my times of playing, but when I stumbled across this Gem of a character... I had to make at least one

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

The real purpose of the photobooth is to document your death spiral, checking some infamous campaigns I've suppressed from memory, the nicknames start to get really mean by the time the memorials increase in frequency.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
Good to see you, Jade, good to see you. Just one question. CAN I GET MY GOD drat CROTCH FIXED YET?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Colander Crotch posted:

Good to see you, Jade, good to see you. Just one question. CAN I GET MY GOD drat CROTCH FIXED YET?

Too bad we can’t chop you up into a mec in this game

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Colander Crotch posted:

:allears:

Some things never change

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

We are underway proper now. New team of soldiers with the added sign ups put into the character pool, so good luck everybody!

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Colander Crotch posted:

Should have submitted a soldier for the LP. Could have gotten you on the XCom insurance program. Lot of medical advances with ADVENT tech and all. Way better than Phoenix Company could manage.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Oh boy. Auspol chat!

The one who poo poo his pants at Engardine Maccas is current Prime Minister, Scott Morrison.
Who has a metal plaque on his desk with a sampan or other small boat with "I stopped these".
He was immigration minister under Tony Abbott.

Tony Abbott was the first in the current set of conservative prime ministers, from 2013 to 2015 I think. He did say he'd stop the boats and continued and turned up to 11 Australia's torture island policy.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
sad i wasn't picked this go around :( even sent in a character.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Probably should've sent in a character but I couldn't come up with anything good/funny. Even if I could've probably done 91:an Karlsson as a callback to 91 Stomperud.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

These rosters get pretty big so I imagine we've not seen even a fraction of potential recruits yet.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Watched the second episode and Jesus Christ I always manage to forget just how much the staff characters yammer in this game.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Veloxyll posted:

Oh boy. Auspol chat!

The one who poo poo his pants at Engardine Maccas is current Prime Minister, Scott Morrison.
Who has a metal plaque on his desk with a sampan or other small boat with "I stopped these".

Tony Abbott was the first in the current set of conservative prime ministers, from 2013 to 2015 I think. He did say he'd stop the boats and continued and turned up to 11 Australia's torture island policy.

Thank you very much! ...for the explanation, not for the lovely immigration policies.

Cythereal posted:

Watched the second episode and Jesus Christ I always manage to forget just how much the staff characters yammer in this game.

Now imagine trying to get a coherent thought out of your mouth before that happens.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Whoa, I totally forgot I submitted a character to the first LP and was confused for a hot second when my name was in the roster. Psyched to get my rear end blown up for the greater glory of Earth! Except if I recall you're pretty good at this game so I actually kinda expect to make Colonel some day. Sorry I'm a regular-rear end clown (regular rear end-clown?); that was my first campaign's first Ranger as randomly generated by the game.

Also, "Jason Vorhees and Meat" is definitely a blood-adjacent pairing.

And this op name is thirstier than any of the poster poses we've seen so far.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The weird-rear end grip situation with the cannons bugged me too, which is why I was glad to find the Cannon Animation Redux mod. Granted, it does the exact opposite of what you were calling for and makes characters only hold them by the top handles. But, ya know, at least it makes it consistent instead of this weird faffing around with two different grips.

Even with that, though, I mostly just use the several different LMGs from the various gun packs. Because, like you said, real looking guns.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Veloxyll posted:

Oh boy. Auspol chat!

"Australian politicians" was the naming convention for characters in my last run in Darkest Dungeon. E.g. so I could have Bob Hawke as a Man-at-Arms.

I didn't go for conservative politicians like Tony Abbott though, since... in Darkest Dungeon the idea is to oppose Stygian nightmares trying to destroy humanity, right? Not recruit them. :v:

Anyway, it's cool to see another Jade Star LP. I'm not a particular fan of the modern XCOM games, but I enjoyed the previous LPs.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Having Jason Voorhees become a ranger would have been fatefully thematic; nonetheless, I hope his bloodlust gets quenched as a sniper.

Anyway, I am glad to have a return to a Jade/Guava LP before the end of the year.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.
The Council Speaker is voiced by Jon Bailey. The voice of Optimus Prime (including in the Michael Bay films) is Peter Cullen, who is also known for being the voice of Eeyore. In fact, for 25 years, Peter Cullen's film and television roles has been almost exclusively those two characters.

Almost exclusively. Jon Bailey did voice Optimus Prime in a couple Transformers miniseries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Olesh posted:

The Council Speaker is voiced by Jon Bailey. The voice of Optimus Prime (including in the Michael Bay films) is Peter Cullen, who is also known for being the voice of Eeyore. In fact, for 25 years, Peter Cullen's film and television roles has been almost exclusively those two characters.

Almost exclusively. Jon Bailey did voice Optimus Prime in a couple Transformers miniseries.

They also ironically had David Kaye (Beast Wars Megatron) as Prime in Transformers Animated. That's the one from the Teen Titans animation people where they have huge chins.