Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

RELEASE THE GENIUS SEASON 4 JADE

Also Seveneves is a book I would avoid unless you want 2/3 of a "standard" Neal Stephenson novel and 1/3 of a bad far-future novel clumsily stapled together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Your new pal was the friends we made along the way.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Thank you Guava for bringing up one of my favorite 'killed too soon' shows in Jericho. It was a CBS show. I'm still annoyed that they teased the big conflict coming in a potential Season 3 but it was never made. Apparently they made a comic to continue the show after it was cancelled but I have no idea if it was any good.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

FlamingLiberal posted:

Thank you Guava for bringing up one of my favorite 'killed too soon' shows in Jericho. It was a CBS show. I'm still annoyed that they teased the big conflict coming in a potential Season 3 but it was never made. Apparently they made a comic to continue the show after it was cancelled but I have no idea if it was any good.

I knew about the comic too, but just ugh, it's very rare for a comic series spawned from a tv show to be any good.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

That was real weird about the hack not taking anything over. I've been in similar situations and it would grab an enemy from way far away. I've even had that event let you control the MVP you're supposed to punch out in that kind of mission. I can only guess it rolled the dice and targetted the general, and then silently failed somehow?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Hello, I enjoy this LP despite never having played any XCOM (unless you count Mario XCOM which I think you don't?), thank you for your efforts!

And thank you for the nudge to watch The Genius (Netherlands), hadn't realized the season was finished airing.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

pokeyman posted:

Hello, I enjoy this LP despite never having played any XCOM (unless you count Mario XCOM which I think you don't?), thank you for your efforts!

And thank you for the nudge to watch The Genius (Netherlands), hadn't realized the season was finished airing.

Mario/Rabbids is undeniably a turn based, tactical squad combat game...

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Sorry for the delay, MMO things happened and I went deep for a week. But hey! Let's go rescue some people from ADVENT and make Guava talk in silly voices again!

Really I should be nearly done with this playthrough, research has gotten a bit side tracked as evidenced by the lack of plasma weapons for certain classes. We're really only like 1 or maybe 2 shadow chamber researches away from the end of the game.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Can mind-controlled units and/or the VIP pick up loot for you?

Jade Star posted:

Sorry for the delay, MMO things happened and I went deep for a week.

Out of curiosity, what was the MMO?

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I play on the retro server of EQ2. So 'new' content just happened and I was grinding. Because I have a problem. I like to tank. I play the tankiest tank tank class in the game, and then I hear other people talk about how great their inferior tank classes are and what wonderful things they can do. So when the new server popped up and it was a fresh start to the world, I made one of every tank and have kept them all at level, all highly geared and skilled just so that I can know and experience all the tank. So that the next time I hear some dumb rear end tank talk about how good this tank is, or how bad that tank is, I can know if they are wrong or right because I will have lived all the tank lives there are to live*. I will become the bastion of knowledge for all things tank.

*except bruiser. My account was full and gently caress bruisers anyway no one plays them.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
There's a PSVR game that I call "The Motion Sickness Simulator". RIGGS mech combat took multiple attempts to make it through the entire tutorial, but it's really fun once you stop dry heaving

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Maybe Materant saw an "enemy" because that lancer was there on your side?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
:heysexy:

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Thirst mod was a stroke of genius.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

And to think it was ever in doubt for a second

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

We're almost there! ADVENT gives me a week or so of time on the geoscape to almost finish out the tech tree, and allow Selena to get EVEN FASTER. Guava gives me an idea for a silly bonus video, and I forgot where I left the Viper King. Should probably send Cain to find him before we go into the Black Omen.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I stopped parking Bladestormers on top of the flare a while back, back when I had the Bio Division mod still installed.

They kept dropping enemies that explode in acid when hit on said bladestormers, and it wasn't a good time. Though it occurs to me I've since removed Bio Division. I should go back to doing that.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Selena: I'm not locked in here with you; you're locked in here with me!

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Flair posted:

Selena: I'm not locked in here with you; you're locked in here with me!

OK, starting to think she should get a rename to "Sonic Sister" now.

Also, I just noticed; Tygon is doing those autopsies with a mask but NO GLOVES?! Even assuming he's not sticking his hands into something poisonous or infectious, that's a good way to contaminate your sample and ruin your analysis. Boy, between him and "War Crimes" Vahlen, X-Com does not attract professional scientists, does it? Starting to wonder if all those "recruit scientist" missions are just grabbing insane asylum patients willing to work with the mad science program.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Holy poo poo her movement is ridiculous.

But can we make it more ridiculous?

:hmmyes:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Development on the Selena Everywhere System is progressing quite well. I look forward to its completion.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

What's that, activate every pod on the last mission with move one and return to the squad with move two?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Fwoderwick posted:

What's that, activate every pod on the last mission with move one and return to the squad with move two?

Yea that's why I gave my reaper the ludicrous speed so she could scout the entire map in a blue move.

But also I discovered what happens if you take it too far and if your move range covers the entire map the running animation starts bugging out and the game occasionally renders the unit in the wrong place where the movement preview and the line-of-sight indicator give show contradictory indications of where they're standing.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

imo having 2 heavies that tag team the +move would be more useful esp with having available "hero" units

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Hey guys, I had a hard time with January so I'm glad that lovely month is over and here we are with a new month and a new episode of the LP in which everything is perfectly legit and there are absolutely no shenanigans, if you exclude whatever the gently caress Guava was drinking.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

That is some weird pathfinding for the ship, going the long way around for no real reason.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Gatekeeper: The king is dead, long live the king!

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
What do you want to bet Vahlen bribed or otherwise coerced that Gatekeeper?

re: drinks that taste like BBQ: At the Lost Spirits Distillery in Las Vegas they have a drink called the Abomination, which is rum that tastes like brisket ends. It doesn't taste like rum, or peat, or even like alcohol because the whole thing just assaults your palette with the taste of BBQ pork. I thought it was disgusting and will heartily recommend anyone in Vegas to take the distillery tour just to try their weird bullshit they make there.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
OK, for that result I think I can forgive Cain not getting the full set of rulers, that was much funnier.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Well, that was unexpected.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

bbcisdabomb posted:

What do you want to bet Vahlen bribed or otherwise coerced that Gatekeeper?

It was the only one smart enough to realise that the Viper King wasn't really one of them.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I don't know how there's always some new beautiful stupidity to make me smile from these, but the hits keep coming. From friendlies even:allears:

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
How do you keep doing this? I don't think that could have gone more bizarre if you planned it.
If I knew more about Adventure Time I'd probably try and make an Ice King related comment here, but I don't. Maybe somebody else can fill in there.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
This might be the most special episode yet

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wow that was a chaotic shitshow

ciaphas cain, back at homebase, too stunned to sulk into his repeater.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
I'm disappointed there wasn't an achievement for that.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Wheany posted:

This might be the most special episode yet

:emptyquote:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

EricFate posted:

I'm disappointed there wasn't an achievement for that.
:same:

I can only imagine Selena explaining the mission to Ciaphas in the bar, and the sheer disbelief on his face. :allears:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
This is, by far, the most :xcom: episode yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Finally caught up on the LP after leaving episodes in my backlog for several months!

Two things I want to bring up:

1. I fully agree with Jadestar about Kid Nation. That show is wild. The first episode has a kid in a cowboy hat saying "today has been the worst day in three years". I recommend the podcast Kid Nation Nation but also I just recommend watching the show in general. I think it's pretty much all available for free on Youtube.

2. This new episode was absolutely incredible. the culmination of putting so many mobility points into Selena by having her do a solo mission. Getting a would-be skirmisher recruit tagging along. Tactical espionage action. Everything going completely to poo poo. The Viper King getting killed in a friendly fire accident. Easily the highlight of the Let's Play.

Catching up has given me the itch to draw some things, maybe replay the game again, maybe even do some creative writing.