Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Mikedawson posted:

Finally caught up on the LP after leaving episodes in my backlog for several months!

Two things I want to bring up:

1. I fully agree with Jadestar about Kid Nation. That show is wild. The first episode has a kid in a cowboy hat saying "today has been the worst day in three years". I recommend the podcast Kid Nation Nation but also I just recommend watching the show in general. I think it's pretty much all available for free on Youtube.

2. This new episode was absolutely incredible. the culmination of putting so many mobility points into Selena by having her do a solo mission. Getting a would-be skirmisher recruit tagging along. Tactical espionage action. Everything going completely to poo poo. The Viper King getting killed in a friendly fire accident. Easily the highlight of the Let's Play.

Catching up has given me the itch to draw some things, maybe replay the game again, maybe even do some creative writing.

I don't know if it's still there, but Jade did watch like, the entire show on his late late streams on twitch.

Now he's watching Korean gameshows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
It's a good thing that guy tagged along with the team. He was instrumental in making sure the mission was a success and made the ultimate sacrifice for the resistance.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Calax posted:

I don't know if it's still there, but Jade did watch like, the entire show on his late late streams on twitch.

Now he's watching Korean gameshows.

Variety shows :eng101:

Mostly Running Man and some Crime Scene.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

After some Canadian silliness we return to your regularly scheduled plot and dramatic raising of the stakes. A lot of plot happens really fast at the end of the game and here we are about to hit the point of no return.

Also Guava harasses me about youtube features and other tangentially related LP stuff while we was nostalgic about LPs of old.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Jade Star posted:

After some Canadian silliness we return to your regularly scheduled plot and dramatic raising of the stakes. A lot of plot happens really fast at the end of the game and here we are about to hit the point of no return.

Also Guava harasses me about youtube features and other tangentially related LP stuff while we was nostalgic about LPs of old.

Slight disagreement with your end discussion; the people who deny lifesaving medical treatment tend to be gullible idiots, so they would probably march into the gene clinics even after the hacked propaganda broadcast to prove they don't listen to any psycho Canadian-snake-killing terrorists like X-Com!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

fairly confident Jade was thinking of Game It Out

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Thanks for the chapter select buddy, that's exactly how I wanted them to look.

biosterous posted:

I liked this guys Raft videos.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I would have to concur: some stories and plot points do not age well.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

biosterous posted:

Yeah I was gonna say, definitely sounds like Josh from Lets Game It Out.

He's just...like that. Doing a stream where he's playing co-op viscera cleanup level with a friend? He'll sit by the bin vending machine to see if the game will give him anther bin.
The answer is yes.
So he'll see if it lets him get another...and another...and another...

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

I have bad news, you can no longer say "Fix your game Jake" as Jake Solomon is now leaving Firaxis.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1626585414894223369

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Now he'll have ample time to create the JSolomon mod, to give us the true XCOM experience that the 2K suits thinmen denied us.

XCOM : Part Trois somewhere between a long time from now and never then... :sigh:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I think there is no limit to movement. I installed a melee zombie headshot mod, and I got my Templar able to run from one side of the map to the other with all of the bonus movement she got from headshots

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
https://twitter.com/SolomonJake/status/1626582096440598533?s=20

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Cooked Auto posted:

I have bad news, you can no longer say "Fix your game Jake" as Jake Solomon is now leaving Firaxis.

I don't know how to feel about this. Years of telling Jake to fix his game... and he'll be gone? He never fixed his game! I'm so torn!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
"Please fix Jake's game, Heather."

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

"Fix your legacy, Meier"

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable

Jade Star posted:

I don't know how to feel about this. Years of telling Jake to fix his game... and he'll be gone? He never fixed his game! I'm so torn!
Somehow the whole situation reminds me of this scene from The Simpsons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXmoYOc9ZZw

What hath Jade wrought?

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
The codename for the Avatar in the research log is "Primarch" - fitting for a human form extensively genetically modified and given superhuman abilities to be the commander of armies set on dominating the galaxy. I guess we do already have our own Sister of Battle but I think a Primarch might be a little bit more powerful, I assume their stats are inherently kinda stupid.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
"Mod your game, Jake," followed by "Fix your mods, Jake."

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Maybe you could say: "You should have fixed your game, Jake", or maybe that sounds too threatening.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

In Jake's honor, we need an LP of Midnight Suns, stat

(I still need to finish the story myself)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The Beyonder's Field Manual to the Multiverse - Let's Play Midnight Suns.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
“Jake, come back and fix your other game.”

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fix your tech, Tony.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Hello everyone, grab a snack, a cutscene sandwich, and your favorite rootbeer or regular beer for today is the last mission and it will be a long video. Having interrupted the ADVENT psionic network and broadcast the first global rallying call of the resistance it is now time to step through the stolen portal, see where it leads us, and presumably kill everything on the other side of it.

It's been a long ride but I am glad to get at the end. I've had a lot of fun with it and we've done some interesting and very silly things with the new features the chosen DLC added. It's an old game at this point, but I still have fun streaming a playthrough of it every year at least, so if you still haven't given the game a try I'd highly recommend it. My thanks to Guava who often had to set aside time from the wife and kids to make loud Canadian Snake Voice recordings, and everyone whom submitted soldiers to the big giant goon pool and/or just followed along with the thread.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
It would be fun if you could get a bigger squad for the final mission just so you could fit a mech in your squad too. One of everything.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Thanks for doing this Jade! It's been a blast.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Congratulations on finishing the LP! This was fun to go through.

Loved the moment at the end where the enemy avatar mind controlled Selena's ghost

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Mikedawson posted:

Congratulations on finishing the LP! This was fun to go through.

Loved the moment at the end where the enemy avatar mind controlled Selena's ghost

I liked the first avatar, master of tactics.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
It feels like we spent the entire LP preparing for this very moment, and then it's over. Oh well, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

FoolyCharged posted:

I liked the first avatar, master of tactics.

I swear all the avatars decided to embrace the Jade Star School of Hubris Tactics there. I do rather like the game ended with a Sister of Battle killing a filthy xeno psyker; pretty good lead-in to Chaos Gate really :D.

The dead agent was from that spare Advent defector that spawned when you decided a Selena-only mission was a good idea, I think. Certainly none of your named characters died.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

MadDogMike posted:

The dead agent was from that spare Advent defector that spawned when you decided a Selena-only mission was a good idea, I think. Certainly none of your named characters died.

Ahh right. I wasn't thinking that the freebee soldiers from those bonuses would count.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

End of an era. Thanks for the LP :patriot:

MadDogMike posted:

I swear all the avatars decided to embrace the Jade Star School of Hubris Tactics there. I do rather like the game ended with a Sister of Battle killing a filthy xeno psyker; pretty good lead-in to Chaos Gate really :D.

Obviously now Jade has to mod in templar voicelines for any sister of battle

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Now do the final mission when you don't kill any of the Chosen as a bonus video!

Protip: don't do that, always kill ALL of the chosen before you do the final mission.

Was a fun LP as always Jade. Looking forward to the next.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I wish the Avatar was scarier up close so that squads would have to worry if it teleported into your squad.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Great work, Jade, Guava! I really enjoy your XCOM LPs, and this one was certainly no exception.

The Shame Boy posted:

Now do the final mission when you don't kill any of the Chosen as a bonus video!

Protip: don't do that, always kill ALL of the chosen before you do the final mission.

Was a fun LP as always Jade. Looking forward to the next.

I imagine ignoring the Chosen kill missions is probably an interesting challenge run.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

The Shame Boy posted:

No commentary but you can see what it looks like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF4pPX-2zWY

At least the Chosen appear along the way instead of in the final room.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So when's the Commander's Field Manual to Chimera Squad

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Xelkelvos posted:

So when's the Commander's Field Manual to Chimera Squad Magus' Tome of Mechanicus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Another great Jade Star Field Manual ends. Thanks for the good times!

Xelkelvos posted:

So when's the Commander's Field Manual to Chimera Squad

Also this! Chimera Squad is fun