Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Contract the LA Chargers, give San Diego back their franchise.

:thermidor:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Overtime rules bad

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
put the vodka down ross

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Chucktesla posted:

Overtime rules bad

Make a stop.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Chucktesla posted:

Overtime rules bad

:hmmyes:

Look at this scrub asking for less football

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Herbie :(

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think every single 4th down decision was correct at the time before we get into that whole thing that will be talked about for a week or so.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kelce was like "I will go where the men trying to tackle me aren't." and it worked.

Chucktesla posted:

Overtime rules bad

Don't let the other team score a TD?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

12 points left on the field.

Take the loving field goals, you fucks!

:lol:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Seriously that was a ridiculous game and I'm glad I watched it.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I can't, they don't listen to me

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I think every single 4th down decision was correct at the time before we get into that whole thing that will be talked about for a week or so.

As a Chargers fan the only one I even half questioned was the one immediately before the half and even there I can totally see the side of going for it. Going for it on 4th in those situations has been the gameplan this year and this is basically the first time it actually cost them anything which was bound to happen.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So uh, the Chargers kinda missed having Derwin on the field. They had no answer for Kelce.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Chargers could use some new corners

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

wandler20 posted:

So uh, the Chargers kinda missed having Derwin on the field. They had no answer for Kelce.

Derwin missed like two drive against the Chiefs last time and Kelce had 60 yards in that time so yeah

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
https://twitter.com/Nate_Tice/status/1471701252824133634?t=5gg5ztTdg1JiAuW-ijCsGA&s=19

wakka wakka wakka wakka

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Grittybeard posted:

Like in a vaccum perhaps. But that is not how football is played.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I said it in the GDT but I have zero problem going for it on 4th, especially vs KC. The Chargers probably miss half the field goals anyway.

Anyways it was nice that the OL played well without Slater. Herbert made some great throws as per usual. Running game looked nice.

Corners were rear end. Coverage was rear end. Tackling was rear end. Run D was.... good?

We can absolutely play with KC. Both teams are quite good

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Grittybeard posted:

no way, like half of those were justifiable. he declined free points to end the half, would have put them up a full td. then after missing on like 3 in a row, he tries it again at the 30 yd line. when you dont even get the benefit of field position if you fail to convert, you probably shouldnt go for it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Like in a vaccum perhaps. But that is not how football is played.

You can only make decisions on the information you have. Results don't make those decisions wrong.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if this happened to me on defense in madden i would say the game was loving with me on purpose

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Magicpants posted:

no way, like half of those were justifiable. he declined free points to end the half, would have put them up a full td. then after missing on like 3 in a row, he tries it again at the 30 yd line. when you dont even get the benefit of field position if you fail to convert, you probably shouldnt go for it.

So you try the long field goal, miss, and give them the ball anyway

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

It would be nice if Asante Samuel Jr's brain wasn't broken and Derwin's leg didn't explode

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Anyway I didn't even notice the slight troll job of Andy sending out Melvin Ingram for the OT coin toss.

Like I saw it was him I just didn't think about it.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Chucktesla posted:

It would be nice if Asante Samuel Jr's brain wasn't broken and Derwin's leg didn't explode

Same for Chris Jones, L’Jarius Sneed and Willie Gay. Having them tonight would have made a huge difference for the Chiefs defense

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Pron on VHS posted:

Same for Chris Jones, L’Jarius Sneed and Willie Gay. Having them tonight would have made a huge difference for the Chiefs defense

Chris Jones and Willie gay don't give up 190 yards rushing, true

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1471703068739653636?t=s2oI2_kCYQXSEs2xkRQWwA&s=19

Absurd

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
In motion it's not that quite as bad because every single one of these defenders is wrong footed, but still.

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1471701083437387777

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

What a blown opportunity by the Chargers. Chiefs are going to load up on #2/3 WRs in the offseason and pull further away in 2022.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

a neat cape posted:

So you try the long field goal, miss, and give them the ball anyway

what you talking about. you get a chip shot fg to end the half. then maybe a a 35-40yd at most in the 3rd. you miss that, they start basically where they get a kickoff. i dug the aggression at first, but this wasnt that kind of game, chargers didnt need the tds, they just needed to do what they were already doing in controlling the clock, winning field position, scoring points

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Good to see vintage Mahomes in the 4th quarter, when he threw that ridiculous ground ball would-be TD I was sure his mind is elsewhere probably his dipshit hanger-on brother’s endless drama

Chiefs badly need a Rb. CEH is a bust. One takeaway I had from this game was all 3 Chargers RBs even bum ankle Ekeler were running better than any KC back.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Wouldn't be surprised to see "*in the 4th and OT" for this given how the game finished out

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

These are the two best QBs in the AFC

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chucktesla posted:

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1471703815690891268

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Derwin was born to cover Kelce

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Christ he's good

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Pron on VHS posted:

Good to see vintage Mahomes in the 4th quarter, when he threw that ridiculous ground ball would-be TD I was sure his mind is elsewhere probably his dipshit hanger-on brother’s endless drama

Chiefs badly need a Rb. CEH is a bust. One takeaway I had from this game was all 3 Chargers RBs even bum ankle Ekeler were running better than any KC back.

ceh sucks but im not even sure if thats the problem so much as the gameplans. i kind of think the chiefs offense is so focused on doing what they do best that they dont really prepare much of a run game. and they keep getting away with it!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The two Chargers/Chiefs games this year were both 6 point games. I hope this develops into a long rivalry

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

I was complaining in the gameday thread that they needed to triple cover Kelce since he was the only threat, but right before Mahomes releases the ball on this play, every receiver and RB on the Chiefs is open on that play except Pringle.

Tyreek is uncovered on the left corner, CEH is uncovered out of the backfield, Kelce open underneath, Hardman has the inside cut on the deep post with the safety nowhere to be seen.

Pringle is doubled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://fxtwitter.com/jdavhill/status/1471664406430126082?s=21

hey gently caress you joe buck you piece of poo poo